16 days in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 days in!

Hi I'm 16 days AF! But having problems with the 5PM triggers , that is always when
    I wanted a drink. I talk to my self , run to the room and read Jason Vales book but I need help in getting by this time. Any suggestions from our abstainers! How to get by the first few
    monthes Thank you for your help and being here for us!

16 days in!

Fanfreakingtastic! 16 AF days is a wonderful start, you are doing great. I can only tell you what I did. When the urge hits, just tell yourself.............I dont drink, and find something to occupy your mind with. Dont dwell on it, feel sad because you cant, just a quick reminder to your former AL brain, that you no longer do that.

Keep comming in here, keep posting your success, give yourself some small rewards, and most of all stay strong! You can do eeeeeeeeeeeet
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

16 days in!

hop on chat, take a walk, go to the gym, go shopping, walk a dog, schedule some volunteer time........

there are so many things you will find to do besides drink at 5pm. Keep up the great work-you can do this!!:cheering:
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

16 days in!

Hi Boots! CONGRATS ON 16 DAYS AF!!! :yougo: That is a fantastic start!

I agree with the strategy of having ACTIVE things to do when urges strike. For me, ACTIVE things (a walk, a trip to the gym, house work, go see a museum, etc.) were always more effective at distracting me from urges than more passive activities (read, watch TV, etc.) I actually kept a written list of ideas so that when an urge hit, I could just pick something and get busy. I had a hard time *thinking* when dealing with strong urges in the beginning. My list was one of my life lines right along with MWO.

You can do it! Good for you coming and asking for some help with this issue. That is always a hard thing for me to do, and yet it is so important.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

16 days in!

boots: Don't forget the BAD drinking times. I think once we make the decision to give up alcohol, we can tend to idealize the positives of drinking. I try to remember:
          -the blackouts.
          -the throwing up.
          -the embarrassing incidents.
          -the peril I put myself in.
          -etc.

For me, drinking is not fun or pretty. It stinks! Remember that.

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

16 days in!

Thank you all. It just hit 5 oclock , so I came to read your posts! Now I will go get dinner ready and the kids ready for school tomorrow and get through this!

Comment

16 days in!

Good for you Boots

Distracting myself with something (anything) until the urge passed worked for me & will work for you as well. Keep up the great work!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X