AF DAILY MONDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! Quick check in for me. Glad to see everyone in keeping on keeping on whatever life is throwing at us. That's what it's all about. Had a long day helping my friend into rehab. Dealing with her husband was :egad:. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not married to him.

Off to hit the books...

One thing is for sure!!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Turnagain,
      Retired nurse Lav says get moving.........
      Do whatever you've been told you can do by your surgeon even if it hurts a bit. It's not just your knee you are exercising but your heart, lungs & circulation as well.
      I've never taken any pics inside the chicken coop......I'll have to see if I can.
      I qualify as an 'old' long-timer since I admit to be a granny of 3 :H :H
      DG is nothing but a fab 29 year old!

DG, you are so nice to help your friend, shame her husband is such an idiot.
      Happy studying this evening.

Sunni, peanut #2 is beautiful
      That's so wonderful you are able to go see him!

So dark out......so early....ugh. Makes me want to sit on the sofa & vegetate.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Turnagain, did I miss something, have you had knee replacement surgery or shaving or something? If so well done to do a few laps. How long since your op? You are remarkably cheerful I must say.

Well I dont know if any of you remember my story about the geoscientist yelling at me for an hour. But since then he seems to have realized that I actually do know what I am talking about, so hes come back with some requests for my time. And y'all can bet that this time I wrote down what he said and sent it back to him with my method for the work, and the time its going to take and when its going to be done. He seems to appreciate this. Some of these guys are into bondage.

And yes I could have and did have to handle this kind of thing when I was still drinking but I would have been quite a bit more shattered by the experience. I dont do yelling, its twice my fee. Is what I say.

Please, everyone have a great night. I am going to the store after dinner to get some Echinacea to stave off the cold symptoms! There was a time when I would have had to chose between drinking and getting the Echinacea, and possibly deciding Id get it tomorrow and by then the wine would have ensured that my cold was a full blown honking dripping mess.

Kaz
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas...

I had arthro work on my left knee. In spite of the surgery pain and swelling, the knee already feels much improved in terms of how it will operate. The last time I had this done on my right knee, I was back ice skating within a week and playing hockey within the month. This time...meh. I was happy to just get down the street tonight. The surgery was last Wednesday so I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I'm going in for some wrist surgery in two weeks - the concept here is to get all the repairs done as close together as possible to minimize down time. My goal is to get back on the ice with the girls in January.

I tell you this...I'm damn glad we have insurance. The alternative here in the states without insurance is to drain your bank account or just live with the pain.

Now...about that cold....have you ever tried zicam? I swear by the stuff. It's zinc that you apply where the virus lives....and effectively reduces the severity and duration of your suffering.
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

No I have never tried Zicam. It sounds vaguely familiar. Zinc eh? I shall see if I can actually get that here in No Store Land. I hear you about insurance. I've had numerous orthopedic surgeries including a knee rebuild in 1973, a bone chip removal from an ankle and two total hip replacements. If I was an un-insured US citizen I'd be, well, you know. Our med system may be strained and Spartan but it is humane. And Canucks take it for granted. You won't hear me complaining. I wish you luck getting back on ice. What position do you play? If Pavel Bure and Brendan Morrison can do it why not Turnagain? Fly at it. Mr Kaslo has had the same op three times now, and I think he is good for a while now...and walked unassisted on the second and third try. Yes you are absolutely right many of us would be living in pain if it were not for insurance and medical plans. I think my knee took a year but it's been amazing. Hips are amazing. The whole thing is just so great. Even ten years ago it was not as easy to get joints repaired. Kaslo
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Okay!!!! Who passed on their cold?!!!! I'm functioning (because I have to w/ small children), but I ache, my throat is scratchy, my nose is border-line stuffy & I feel like I'm in a fog! Aaaghhh!!!!!!!!
              "Today's Test Is Tomorrow's Testimony"

Comment

Working...
              X