X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday

Morning Abbers!!

GREENIE - 2 YEARS!!!!!!:goodjob:

I am looking forward to being able to say that but so far one day at a time. I too should be over the one year hump but as well, my relapse taught me so much so I am grateful that the powers that be decided that I needed that as part of my journey.

Yesterday waiting for the bus I met a woman who had a baby and we got talking. She also is starting addictions training and is a recovering addict/alcoholic with 4 years clean. We talked for close to 45 minutes and then I had to get off the bus. I truely believe that I was meant to meet her - it was so cool and nice to have that experience. I hope I see her again.

Off to wake up the troops, they didn't seem to go for the original alarm - I guess I'll have to let Boo loose on them - he'll get them out of bed! LOL

Have a gread day abbers!
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

AF Daily - Wednesday

Good morning Abbers & happy hump day to everyone!

Thanks for the start up Uni. Nice you met that woman yesterday & had a good talk

CONGRATS GREENIE ON 2 YEARS AF:cheering :cheering
    Two year is two years & a lot to be proud of!!!! Keep going girl

The sun is up now so I will get myself together & get moving.
    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Wednesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

CONGRATULATIONS GREENIE!!!!!! What an AWESOME day for a party! I read on yesterdays thread about DifferentGuy and the "bags" of soil. :H "Listening" is definitely a product of our experiences as well as just a physical happening, isn't it.

Uni - thanks for kicking things off! Awesome conversation on the bus. I'm so glad to be able to pursue course work and eventually real work in the recovery community where I don't have to be so cautious about someone knowing I'm in recovery too. That story made me smile. As did the idea of Boo waking up the family!

Hi Lav!! Does up and moving = a stop at Curves? I'm sort of missing it so I will probably end up doing my usual come spring - switch back to a Curves membership!

Hello to everyone else. Sorry my posting lately has been all about me and not personal to you guys. I guess that has to have an ebb and flow too! I MUST get serious work done on this paper today. That is all.

Oh. That is not all. One thing is for sure....... THAT is all!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Congratulations Greeniebum!
        You better be right chuffed with yourself!

I'm up to my ears in barn stuff and had some very disturbing news from my daughter. I realized that I'm not in the mood to post when I'm upset or down. Not sure why? In any case, there will be no drinking and I shall be back to my usual self soon, I'm sure.

Wishing you all a happy Wednesday.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Sunni - sorry to hear there is something going on with your daughter. I learned the hard way back when I relapsed that staying away from my sober support network is what I WANT to do when I'm off, but it's exactly the WRONG thing for me to do.

I now take any feelings of not wanting to post here, or not wanting to go to a regularly attended AA meeting as a red flag. When I don't want to do those things is a signal that those things should be FIRST on my list.

FWIW. I hope whatever upset is going on calms down soon for you!!!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

OK. So just for kicks, I just googled "how to start a term paper." A blog post came up from a place called "studenthacks" about writing a term paper that is due tomorrow. I thought this was hillarious and had to share!

Step 1: Relax Your Mind (15 Minutes)
            Before you get started on this paper, I want you to relax your mind. This doesn?t mean grabbing a beer. It means calming yourself down and focusing your mind on the paper topic. You have one night to finish this paper, and you can do it. Turn on some classical music if it helps you stay relaxed and focused.
            Whew. I'm glad he clarified THAT part! :H

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Thank you, DG :l
              I thought of that, too. 'Tis why I at least poked my head in and made damn sure I took my AB.
              This is what's going on https://www.mywayout.org/community/1198108-post288.html.. I just don't have the gumption to type it out again

And, now I'm off to the barn.

Thanks again, DG.
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Oy Sunni. I read your post. That must be heartbreaking for you. It must be so hard to try to let her live with her own consequences and not keep bailing. :l The good news on the education front is that college really is always there for us at any time in our lives. So maybe her destiny is to focus on kids first, then the other stuff will come later?

:l
                dg
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Hello friends.

Congratulations to Greenie on 2 years! :l I think I can see how you would think someone talking about bags of stuff to sell could be misconstrued. But MAYBE dirt is their code word for something else??? :H

DG--your friend's husband is a real gem. I am amazed at your constraint. (proper terminology?) Anyway, I think you should tell him that she used the money to go to some expensive exotic rehab somewhere tropical. Why not?:H And please don't feel bad about talking about you and venting--you shouldn't always try to be everything to all people--just be you and what you said about knowing when you need to come here--yep!

Sunni--I feel for you. We want so much for our kids and when they make the choices they do sometimes.....We have a niece with the same situation. She has 2 beautiful girls--single mom living at home with her single mom/BF and not sure what is even going on with the BF. Thought he was abusive, but then she gets preggo again? But, she is going to school--mostly online I think. That is the good thing there are other options college wise these days.:l

My friend that was supposedly going to rehab this week--evidently didn't. I sent her a message wishing her well and she sent me one back saying her plans had changed. It sounds like she is moving near her mom--away from here and her children. I don't know her well enough to butt in and say WTH--is your mom qualified to detox you and give you the mental therapy, etc you need?? Just moving away isn't going to fix anything!! Hopefully it all works out for her.

It's kind of ironic some of you mentioned the Ala-teen idea. I was an Ala teen sponsor way back when I was married to alcoholic #1. I don't think they have a group here, and I am pretty sure it isn't something my teenage boys would ever consider. Thanks so much for your input--I have yet to have a good heart to heart about their feelings about their dad's drinking. I'm going to dig out some of my old AA/Alanon/Alateen books though. I truly hope hubby is just on a roll right now and not progressing in the alcoholism. It's just not healthy for anyone.

I had a great day yesterday with my friends for pedicures and lunch. It was good for my soul. I didn't make it to yoga class Monday, but today for sure.

Which means I better get my butt in gear! Have a great sober day all!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Sunshine - sorry you're upset. Is your daughter happy with the way things are going? I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering if she is happy, thinks things are going well or does she think she's making mistakes and is regretful?

DG - put on some classical music and :b&d:

Greenie - :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Thanks Kaslo, Uni, GoAway and everyone for info on the killer mosquito situation. Me & GF were toying with the idea of going kayaking in Ontario next summer but it was about 10th on the list because of the expense, hassle factor etc and now I think the mosquitoes have moved it further down the list. But we might one day. After having such a great time in Greece this summer, we'd like to go back there and explore a different area.

GF is on holiday this week (she works in education) so we're finally making progress on the Big Sort Out. Throwing things away, painting, decoratiing, self-assembly Ikea shelving units. Phew. I'm quite glad to be at work today to escape.
                    We took time off yesterday to see We Need To Talk About Kevin. Good but not as good as the book, I thought. And Tilda Swinton's American accent was a bit dodgy. Anyone seen it?

Right, back to work. Have a peaceful day all.
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

CONGRATS TO YOU, GREENIE!!!!!!!!!!
                      2 years is FANTASTICALLY AWESOME!!!!!

Sunny, sorry to hear about your daughter. I am always keeping my fingies crossed that my almost 18 year old doesn't end up preggers yet. She is on BC and has recently dumped her LOSER boyfriend.... I am hoping that she will focus on her own self and get her shit together. She has been fired from 3 jobs in my town since July. She has recently moved down to Victoria to stay with my Nana to find work there; and make a life there. My Nana is a hard-ass, although I love her sooooooo much. She was a HUGE influence on me for getting my shit together a couple years ago regarding my drinking and mental crap. So, I am hoping it will help Alison get motivated!!!!

I had a therapy appointment in Victoria at the BC Cancer Agency yesterday. I took my eldest along with me. It did us both a lot of good. Today, I meet with the local Oncologist here at the hospital at 11:30am. I don't know if they are going to start Chemo today, or if it is just a preliminary visit. Sometimes I feel in the dark of what is upcoming. But, I have my ammo of good meds my team leader Oncologist gave me in Victoria a couple of weeks ago, just in case.

Lots of love to you all. Have a great day everyone!!!!

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

AFM, I wish you the best with yor treatments & schedule. it has to be a bit unnerving not knowing for sure what comes next (I am a bit of a control freak).

Sunni, I am so sorry about your daughter. One of my oldest friends has been through exactly the same situation with their daughter. Had her first baby during her senior year in high school. Remained at home with the baby, BF disappeared. Years later it happened again & she's still home with both kids & that BF disappeared as well. My friend & her husband have taken on all the resposnibility for housing, clothing & feeding these kids. The mother makes minimum wage & does what she can
                        Please feel free to vent your brains out here - OK? :l

Yes DG, have been to Curves this morning - it's becoming habit :H
                        My daughter was an English & Communications major - she could 'crap out' (her words) a term paper in a couple of hours :H
                        I think she would be good 'tutoring' other college students the art of term paper crapping :H

Hi to Uni, Kaslo, Marshy & everyone!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Hey ho. habeneros de la fabinos.

Another :goodjob: to the Greenster. (i posted on the main thread too) i consistently read your posts and admire your take no prisoners attitude to staying in a better life.

DG you are another inspiration to me and I learn from you every day.

Uni I am really glad you had a great day with you daughter and an interesting convo with a like minded individual. Life is too short. That is all.

LVT, I so want to know more about you experience with council ing but also I just want you to know that your gentle approach with your boys is so great, and your husband will likely have to kick his own arse when he realizes he has missed the opportunity to build a relationship based on his best features with his young adult sons. That is all.

Sunshine, I am in a similar boat with my 27 year old daughter. Two little kids, on welfare, no husband, no job, no education....is she happy? I think she is gradually realizing she has made mistakes....but I wouldn't trade my gks for anything. I guess eventually she will get somewhere but really I guess I just have to enjoy her for who she is.

Marshy. I can see why you might want to keep going back to Greece. But hey!! Come to the west Kootenays!!! The kayaking is superb and only a few tiny insignificant very polite retiring Mosquitos Honest!!! Check out Nelson city. You and gf would love it here.

So everyone have a great day. Must feed the Geologist. he's barking at the end of his chain out in the yard here.

P3 , M3, Treya (the Extreme Athlete) all others.....have a good day. One thing is for sure....
                          Kaslo
                          Kaslo
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Cross post AFM...hugs and best wishes to you. The oncology in Victoria is some of the best in the country. Best of luck. Thinking of you.

Lav. Have a good day too, Kay? Every time I get a hot flash i think of you. LOL!!! It's true though. For some reason the feckers have come back. I'm past 29. What's with that??
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Wednesday

Hi again! Lav, whatever your daughter charges for help with term paper crapping, I'll pay double!!! :H I am up to 319 words. Only a minimum of 1,181 to go. Geez. I wish they asked me to crap a discussion board post instead of a term paper. I could crap out a 1,500 word post before most people are out of bed. Does the bibliography part count in the word count? I've crapped out more bibliography than term paper at this stage. That whole reference citing business is really holding me back from doing what I do best with my BS degree.

Kas, I am sorry to hear about the hot flashes. Mine seem to come and go too.

AFM - wishing you well with your doc visit today. I love how you seem to stay at peace even when you are not sure what is next. You are a shining example to us all. Hope nana does the job on dd!

LVT - I'm sorry your friend is employing the geographic solution. That didn't work for me because without realizing it, what I was running from was inside me. And fortunately or unfortunately, wherever I go there I am. Please take comfort in knowing that by talking to her before, you helped plant a seed of recovery. Maybe that seed will get watered and grow, or maybe it won't. But a seed of support for recovery cannot be underestimated.

In your post LVT, you mention wondering if your husband is progressing in his alcoholism. If you are indeed convinced he is an alcoholic, I would imagine it's especially important that your boys have people they can talk to about it. :l I hope your husband can acknowledge the problem and some point, and decide to do something about it. It's so sad to see these years of family life being marginalized on some level. (for him) He is lucky to have you to "hold it all together" with the family. Not so sure that is wonderful for you, however.

Marshy, have fun with the cleaning/organizing this week. Greece? Again? Well, anywhere they have popcorn is a great vacation destination for you and XNGF as far as I'm concerned.

OK. Back to crappin' a paper.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X