af daily sat 29 oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily sat 29 oct

hey all day 8 sober, getting a cold but hey that's not too bad.

Pottering about - few bits to do today - houseworky bits, sending parcel back,grocery shop.
    I am seriously thinking of amending gym membership to cheaper option where i pay as i go at spa attached to my gym - not using spa facilities half as much and have a bubble pool, sauna and steam room as part of regular gym. All that's missing is nice relaxation areas/treatment area.

DG - there was a move her to open wet day centres/hostels as chronic drinkers were in a loop of eviction/homelessness/re housing - we also have needle exchanges in UK - harm minimisation is big over here in UK - abstinence is always goal but on way you try to support people to do less damage to themselves,talk through their using/stopping with brief therapy/motivational interviewing.
    one day at a time

af daily sat 29 oct

CV writing on Monday - and calling employee assistance for support/ways of managing in meantime. I have low self esteem deep down - working on it- so this sort of stuff pushes my buttons.I am bouncing back tho. need to get to it not 'getting in' having said that when i outline work situation to friends they all say it sounds especially toxic.

I am saving up lots at moment and looking at jobs/working out how much/little I really need.
    good day all of you beroonies
    one day at a time

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Good morning Abbers!

bear, I hope you can find a better work situation soon. We spend half our lives at work & when it's a toxic work environment thing can go to hell pretty quickly
      I have worked with some great, like-minded people & others who were complete bitches. If you can find a place where the two are balanced..........

DG - S = SNOW!!!
      I heard on the news last night that the last time it snowed in NYC before Halloween was during the Civil War!!!!!
      It is currently raining here, trying to turn into ice........yuck!
      Expecting 2-4 " of snow later today. Poor papmom is expecting 12-15" :shocked: That's just freaking insane for Oct 29.

Must run out & try to explain this to my chickens......
      The youngest 4 are on;y 6 months old & have no idea what snow is :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
      btw - it's 10 am & Maxie isn't up yet - go figure.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Hey All!

So much has happened this week. First, the most important thing is CONGRATS Greenie! 2 YEARS!?! Freaking Awesome!

Kas ? Pretty scary about your SIL. I guess I was tired because every time you wrote Geologist I read it as Gynecologist! Then when I finished the sentence, I thought ? well that didn?t make a whole lot of sense! Then I reread it and giggled myself silly. It?s amazing the limits of my sophomoric sense of humor! Anyway, as always, you have some awesome pics posted. I feel myself relaxing just looking at them.

Bear ? 8 days is GREAT! You?ve already gotten through the hard part. It?s just a mental game now. I know I am the pot calling the kettle black but I agree with Lav, if you are not happy with your job ? life is too short to stay there. Actually, since I had my last melt down and put things back into perspective, my job has gotten better - or at least my attitude has...

Pap ? SNOW?!?!?! Good Lord! It was 72F here in God?s country yesterday. I actually drove Mrs. IJM?s car to work yesterday morning with the top down. I?m ready for some good fall weather but no snow.

AFM ? I am sending you lots and lots of cyber positive thoughts!

Sunny ? I also giggled at ?Sandwich Artist?. I go to Subway a lot and now thanks to you I will be totally warped. I just hope I don?t laugh out loud while the dude is making my lunch.

Doggie ? you can organize your closet the right way or you can do it the IJM style ? A pile for everything and everything in its pile?..

So, this week has been another little slice of heaven. I have worked my butt off. My boss was out this week so I was not only doing my job but hers as well. She has an area of the company reporting to her that is full time drama. I had to deal with that this week. There is no way I could deal with that bunch full time. I?d end up doing an unnatural act to someone.

M3 will appreciate this. I finally got off my butt and started running again. I joined a health club that is close to my office and started going at lunch. I alternate days of running and swimming laps. I?d forgotten the natural high I get after a trip to the gym. It also seems that my stress level dropped a pretty good bit.

Mrs. IJM is working this weekend. I know I have said this here before ? but I freaking hate it when she has to work a weekend. It?s 12 hours Saturday and 12 hours Sunday. I just sort of putter aimlessly around the house both days. You?d think after 23 years I?d like some ?me? time but that Georgia Peach is the center of my universe! I have tried repeatedly to get her to work in a doc?s office or go into nursing education or anything where she can have regular hours. She had an opportunity to be a nurse educator at the hospital but turned it down. She always says she went to school to take care of patients and wouldn?t change it. AAAGGGG!!!!!

So, guess I will hit the shower and get somewhat productive. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

IJM

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Morning abbers!

I was up and then decided it was Saturday and needed to go back to bed for an hour. I was glad I did because now I am awake and refreshed. I had one thought this morning - I love being NOT hungover on a Saturday!

It is 10 minutes to 11 now since I went back to bed so I have to get moving. Hubby is putting a new side door on the house - we needed one, it was pretty ugly! So we have a nice new door and a nice new screen/storm door. He is busting his butt. I figure to help out I will go rake leaves and pack them up so that he doesn't feel like he is working alone.

I am waiting for the fallout of yesterday to happen. Tonight is the party where my real friends tend to have an honest chat with the one who has been so non - supportive. It's gonna be ugly I imagine. Glad I won't be there but I'm sure there will be some huge fallout. Should be interesting! LOL

Anyway, I'm off! Have a great AF Saturday.
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

IJM - good to see you
            I cringed a little when I read about you missing the Mrs while she's workingg her 12 hr shifts. I can guarantee you no one ever missed me like that when I worked 12 hr shfts.
            I don't know, maybe the dog did

Uni, remember now - stay the hell away from the drama, you don't need it
            Enjoy the fresh air today. Unfortunately I'm sitting here watching an icy rain turn into snowflakes.

I had an idea
            I'd like to get a Baa Humbug sweatshirt to anyone who wants one. But since not everyone shops on ebay how about if you just contact me at: elkmills@gmail.com
            Let me know what size & color shirt you want & your location (so I can figure shipping cost).

Wow, just that quickly the rain has turned into LARGE snow flakes.......oh well!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Hey FABBERS! Good morning! Sunny and 8 degrees C snow snow snow on the tops and leaves to rake. I love it! Bear, congrats on 8 days. I firmly believe that it takes much longer than 8 to shake those no good low down dirty alcoholic blues! So if you are feeling shaken up please post here. Lav is it possible to explain anything to a baby CHICKEN?
              IJM...Even a gynecologist named Vladimir would not by my friend....and yeah re SILx, it sounds really bad. And it is bad. Kids have no father now. But it happened when thet were really young so at least they won't remember it..... Oops. French toast has been made for me.....have a great Saturday and yeah I feel your pain re no mrs ijm all darn day two days in a row. Kas
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Oops forgot uni. I'm w lav. Avoid the drama, have a nice day with you family!!!
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Hi guys,

Totally intend to avoid the drama - I won't be there when it unfolds and I have not asked anyone to say anything - I know they have planned to do this for a while - it's not just me that this girl has been a bitch too and they are frankly just sick of her from what I understand.

Just shovelled leaves and am heading upstairs to lie down for a bit. Time for my nap!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Morning all...

Bear - you are doing GREAT on the AF front....and everything else. Isn't it great when the fog lifts from our thinking? The healing process is amazing. You keep plugging away....you are getting stronger every day!

Lav and PapMom, Alaska is calling. We want our snow back. While you folks down south are bracing for unseasonable snow - and lots of it - we've got more RAIN in the forecast. I've lived in Anchorage nearly 30 years and have yet to see a Halloween without white stuff on the ground. I think the world is upside down and I've put my umbrella away!

Uni...I'm joining Lav and Kas in the NO Drama Fan Club. Some unfortunate folks feed on the stuff. I say STARVE 'em!

IJM...this place goes nuts when you are MIA! Brother...if you could spare the time...next time when you're busy...could you just pop in to say 'you be fine' ? Your fans would appreciate it! You've got a harem, sir. It's best to keep 'em calm.

I've got a fun project to work on this weekend. My daughter and I are putting together a pitch to an art gallery for a collborative show. She is very creative and has incredible energy. She wants to team up with me to produce a body of work from 'upcycled' materials. I haven't done any visual art - much less shown - in nearly a dozen years. This is going to be good. I have a long list of projects I've wanted to do and now...I'm going to do them. My husband will also be quite happy to FINALLY see some of the stockpiled 'parts' in the basement get put to use. Either that or he'll have to make the call to the HOARDER's show. It would be hard to explain to someone WHY I have collected hundreds of cafeteria trays, computer keyboards and piles of discarded 16mm films. I do have a vision for all of it. Really!

To all who follow...DoggyG....Det...M3....SunnyG (sorry to miss you in chat!) and everyone else....
                    wishing you a great weekend!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

my first self portrait from new iphone. not too shabby for a cell phone

nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

I'm home and there was much rejoicing. there is even a rumor of wild raucous ____________. in the area according to ear-witness reports.

and....I slept in til almost 11am! holy freaking fish crap Batman! I haven't done that in years. I must say I feel pretty darn spiffy though.

Bear, now comes the real test. now that you are feeling 'good and well' is the challenge to maintain it. if you put as much effort into your sobriety each and every day from here on out....your odds of maintaining AF is very credible and significant. it does take effort, just know that it's worth it. and well done!

back soonish

be well everyone
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

nice picture Det especially the flower!

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Quick afternoon check-in.. break time!

DG.. the 4-letter 'S' word is in fact Snow. A curse word not permitted at my house! As for _____ ... very much permitted, often invited, even! :H

Det, glad you're home and had a good lay (-in, as our british friends are fond of saying)

LVT... Yep, sounds like a cunning teen, you got there. ADD or not.. that sorta thing is pretty common. And, good on ya for making the necessary calls!

Turn.. have fun and good luck with the gallery project! Uni.. good luck with drama avoidance!
                            IJM... you've been missed!

Hello to everyone else to come - time to head back out again! One thing is for sure...!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

af daily sat 29 oct

Det - very nice pic but where's the garlic man??? :H

Here is a pic of something beautiful that just came out of my oven. Honey Whole Wheat - smells sooo good I have a new jar of pumpkin butter just waiting....

AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X