AF Daily ~ Tuesday 11/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Tuesday 11/1

Hi fABbies!! Treya and IJM, I can sure remember how some of those stretches of time in that first 1 - 2 years felt like F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Although nothing but nothing felt as long as the first 10 days! I'm excited for your milestones to arrive too because I can't wait for your parties!

Det, I need to Paleo it. You have my persmission to nag me. :b&d: When I think back over the last 3.5 years, I did fine (lost weight, felt great, etc.) when I was low carb. Once I got over the initial hump, I didn't jones for sugar, etc. all the time. I just gotta suck it up and do it again. Trying to "moderate" sugarcarbies doesn't work for me.

AFM - special shout out to you!! :l

Hope everyone else is having a great day.

School was fun as always. The graduation was interesting. Since "mental health court" is a politically driven thing, it struck me mainly as an event by politicians for politicians. The graduates seemed a bit of an afterthought on some level. :H It was tolerable because I know that the participants like and respect the judge and other professionals providing services. And I know the county executive is sincere in his caring for people. So I can accept that they don't realize as "insiders" how silly their polical theatrics really seem. :H My friend gave a very touching speech about how far she has come with the help of this program. It was also very touching when the State's Attorney got up at the very end and announced that the graduates' charges are all dropped. The the graduates got to cut a ribbon and walk through into their new life. :h

I get to go to drug court on Thursday as sponsee is petitioning the judge to move home. That will actually be "court in action" and I'm interested to witness that.

Well, gotta get busy on homework. Last week was a very relaxed pace, and now I gotta get busy. Final on Saturday in addition to other deadlines this week.

One thing is for sure...

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Tuesday 11/1

I just wanted to share this link that was in another thread. Interesting to me anyway.

Why ADD/ADHD Increases the Odds of Addiction and Alcoholism
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Tuesday 11/1

A good night post from Lav........

AFM, thinking of you!

IJM, glad your Halloween festivities went well for you
        btw I didn't take a nap toady!!!!

LVT, that is an interesting article.
        My son's addiction seems to be working. He's is a real chip of the old YB block. The two of them just live to go to work thereby effectively not having to deal with the reality of life
        That kid won't even take a Tylenol tablet for a headache!

See you all on hump day
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X