Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday November 4

Happy Friday fABbies! Up and at 'em!

I can't believe we are heading into the first weekend of NOVEMBER??!!??!! Where has the year gone? Time to start gearing up with the necessary plans for a sober holiday season.
    I will continue taking my ALL-One every day and my other supps, that's for sure. I'm also cleaning up my diet ala the My Way Out book. My exercise has been hit and miss lately, and I'm going to get that more consistent as well. I want to keep my body as healthy as possible. Injesting poison when my lifestyle is optimized for health just doesn't make any sense to me. I will also keep doing my regular thing here at MWO and at AA.

So what are your plans for today, and for a sober holiday this year?

One thing is for sure.....my holiday AFness will happen one day at a time. So no AL for me today.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Good morning DG & Abbers!

My plan for today is to get my butt into gear cause I'm running late already :H
    Heading to Curves, supermarket then home to work, work, work

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday - will be back!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all!

Work on the schedule here as well (btw, DG you had asked... I have a small web design firm) plus a ton of errands to run. All of which cost a heap of money :upset: My truck was in for some work yesterday and the bill was quite a bit more than what I had expected. Rats.

I'm thinking I might order that Jason Vale book everyone is raving about. I realize that with Antabuse (or substitution) I'm really just buying time. There still has to be a major shift in my thinking and I don't think I'm there yet. I want nothing more than to be deliriously happy about not drinking.

For today though... one thing is for sure!

Hello to you two and all to follow!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Crazy night with 2 little ones up at 1:30. Got my 2 year old to sleep in my bed (hubby's at work) and 10 month fell back asleep in crib only to get back up at 6. Right now sipping coffee ready for a busy day! Have a great day everyone!
        Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Funny, this business of changing our thinking. My thinking changed before I gave up because I was in such a mess and so desperate to stop. But then ebbed and flowed as I was alternately pleased with my progress/unhappy with my progress and struggling/drinking/not drinking during the early days.

Now I occasionally think wouldn't it be nice to have one or in extreme moments have a fleeting thought about getting drunk but I then immediately think about the hole that it took so much effort to crawl out of and that stops me in my tracks. And I still keep in mind the gratitude vs deprivation ideas - there's a post about that in the tool box I think.

Sunni - I took Antabuse for about a month and found it very helpful but during that time I was also doing the *other stuff* to get my defences in place.

Hello DG the cheerleader :yougo:, Lav (impressed by your dedication to Curves), MtnMomma and all to come.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi guys!

I had my flu shot yesterday and It didn't take well. Everytime I get it I end up really sick and this time is no exception. So today for me will be spent in bed.

I forgot yesterday was my 5 months!!! PARTAY!!!

K, off to bed.
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Happy 5 month Anniversary Uni
              Hope you have a peaceful day in bed even if you feel lousy.
              :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
              AF since 11 July 2011
              You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

OK, morning chores done, banking, shopping, Curves, animals fed, etc. Just had lunch so it's time to start work :H
                I think I may enjoy that extra hour of sleep this weekend

sunni, have you ever tried the MWO CDs? They really did a number on my thinking (thank God). I recommend them to everyone.

MtnMomma, my DIL has a toddler named Energizer Bunny = EB who will be 3 this month & an almost 7 month old baby, she's going to school full time & taking karate classes. She told me yesterday that's she's discovered a whole new level of exhaustion :H
                Keep your eye on your goal!

Hi Marshy & Treya!

CONGRATS ON YOUR 5 AF MONTHS UNI!!!!

Get some rest hope you feel better soon!

OK, off to work
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1203333 wrote:
                  sunni, have you ever tried the MWO CDs? They really did a number on my thinking (thank God). I recommend them to everyone.
                  I have, indeed, and they have proven to be a fantastic sleep aid :H

Happy anniversary, Uni.. hope you feel better!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Happy anniversary Uni!!! Five is great!

On the theme of plans, my plan for today is to try and get most of a document done so I can work on another one. Not very exciting. Have a great Friday. K
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Happy 5 Month Anniversary Uni!!!

Heading into a yoga teacher training intensive weekend. 6 - 9 tonight and 7:30 - 5:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. I'm feeling a little under the weather so I hope I can some energy from somewhere. I think I will perk up once I get there.

Sunni ...Yes, the antabuse is a great tool and deterant and it's good that you know you now have to dig deep and find the internal tools that will keep you on the great path to staying alcohol free. My life used to be structured around drinking..,.when can I start drinking? Do I have enough to drink? How am I going to hide my drinking? Who will get in the way of my drinking? On and on....,I barely give it a thought anymore. That Jason Vale book that others are talking about sounds worthy of a read for sure.

Welcome Mtnmomma.

Love and hugs to all
                      M3:h
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Hey Dudes.

I'm having a really hard time this afternoon. For some reason depression has really set in. Had some issues with a friend. Mrs. IJM is out of town for the next two days. I know I shouldn't but my mind keeps telling me to have a night off the wagon. I'm getting a haircut now and there is a package store right next door.

I sort of feel like that that would cure the depression. But I also know that I would not be really happy with myself tomorrow. But mrs ijm is out and my friend and I had a parting of the ways. She was a huge support system.

Hopefully I can talk myself out of this funk. It's just as it gets later it seems to get harder.

Sorry to drop a bunch of drama but I sort of needed to get it out if my system.

Comment

IJM...If I wasn't 4,283.1 miles from you right now, I'd head right over and give you a big 'ol hug and and a nice little talkin' to. Thanks to these tubes here, you're still going to get the nice little talkin' to.

I think it is great that you have come here to post in your time of temptation. The combination of the stress and the absence of Mrs. IJM has prompted a conditioned response. You can choose to retrain yourself RIGHT NOW to have a different and POSITVE reaction to these conditions.

After you read this, I want you to get out and get your body moving....go to the gym...walk the dog...flap your arms up and down in your front yard - look like one of Lav's chickens that has gotten loose. Just MOVE!

AND eat...treat yourself to a nice meal tonight....so what if you're alone!

You can dine with us here at MWO. A bunch of us chat almost every night...but if you don't see anyone in the chat cave...just do a reading marathon. IF you need to ...read every post that has every been written here! Remind yourself how marvelous it feels to be AF. If you're like me....no buzz comes even close to the way I feel now that I am free.

We are here to help each other make it through the rough patches. You can get by this one, buddy.
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Uni....what an inspiration - 5 months!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your journey here....
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Happy 5 months, Uni!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooot Whoooooooooot!

Well, I had chemo on Tuesday. The only side affect thus far that sucks is my vision. My GP wants me to see an opthamalogist... side effects from the meds I guess. Other than that, a bit of fatigue, and I am grateful.

Hello to all other fabbies. Much love as this is a quick check in for me. xoxoxo

Comment

Working...
                              X