AF saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF saturday

Its 5th November now which is bonfire night here in UK. I want to confirm that today I will remain AF, Im going to my daughters for a meal later then off to the park to see the firework display. Hope everyone has a good day.

AF saturday

/jealous Bonfires and fireworks RULE

Ill shall abstain today, as some of my biker friends and I are gonna do some volunteer yard work for elderly/disabled people.....thats prolly better than sitting around drinking!!

Stay strong all, we can do this
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

AF saturday

hi space and welcome. day 6 for me in aus and feeling good. have a great bonfire night. if u did have AL u wld not remembr the fireworks. I am off to nod land but enjoy your night
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

AF saturday

Wow, lots of newbies on our thread this morning! Good to see everyone staying AF.

I am feeling much better today and am going to watch my daughter play hockey this afternoon. Then we are thinking of going to a yuk yuks show to laugh our butts off!

Hope everyone has an awesome AF Saturday!
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

AF saturday

Morning Faberoonies!

My grandmother's apple cake is in the oven and smells sooooo good! Sigh.
          We're having a belated Thanksgiving dinner with friends tonight - lots of people, lots of fabulous food, lots of wine I'm sure - but I'll be just fine Really looking forward to it.

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday activities.. from bonfire to the hockey ring!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF saturday

happy AF Guy Fawkes day one and all! a Victoriously vivacious day of Sober Vitality!

off to the shooting range with a good friend (AF activity for sure)

big welcome to so many shiny new faces! welcome!

back in a bit, be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF saturday

Good afternoon Abbers!

Hello & welcome spacebebe, Nelz & available!
              Welcome to the serious about abstinence thread Hope you stick around with us!

Uni, glad you are feeling better today! Have a great day!!!

Sunni, I hope you will share your apple cake recipe with me
              I have several recipes but I'll bet your grandmother's is the best!!
              I absolutely & thoroughly enjoyed everything baked.....ate my way through Germany in 1998 :H
              (Of course I drank a good bit of Reisling too). Enjoy your celebration!

I am WORKING but not complaining

Det, you look so different :H

Have a great day one & all!
              Check yesterday's thread for a pic of my date before he fell asleep :H

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF saturday

How was the test DG?????
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF saturday

Well! I almost got in my first hockey mom fight!!!! Some kid backchecked my daughter head first into the boards. The mom from the other team beside me goes "that's okay, you did good". I was like, um, PARDON? Have you heard of broken necks, ,concussions? Sidney Crosby you stupid bitch, it's not okay that was my kid!!!! Thank god my hubby was there - he grabbed me by the shoulders and was like, okay honey, lets go for a walk......I was (and am still) so flippin mad. Lukily she was okay, she was crying for a bit and had a sore head (even through the helmet) but she's okay. I told her father and her to keep an eye on her and if she has any sort of headache she is not playing this afternoon.

Good thing hubby was there - It wouldn't have come to fisticuffs cause I'm not like that but I don't think I've ever been so angry. It's amazing what your love for your kids will do when someone hurts them and others think it's okay. I would have gone off on a huge string of obsenities if I hadn't been turned around.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh, okay, now I feel better. I got to vent that out!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

AF saturday

WHEE!!!! Happy Saturday fABbies!! Spacebebe WELCOME to AF Daily and thanks for kicking us off today! I'm trying to recall what Marshy or Bear may have told us before about bonfire night. Sounds like fun and a much more memorable experience being AF! (if you are anything like I was at any rate - going to all kinds of stuff and getting drunk and not remembering much if anything about it! :egad

:welcome: available!!! Congrats on Day 6! :yougo: Great to see you my flavored soda drinking friend Nelz!! (and Lav - I too love the raspberry!)

Together and one day at a time we can do this!

Uni - what is a yuk yuks show, besides being something that is funny?

Sunni - I am on Day 4 sugar free so thank you for mentioning your Grandma's apple cake in the oven! I bet it's great and I hope you enjoy it! You can go ahead and eat my piece too, OK?

Det - I'm very glad to hear things are AF at the shooting range!

Lav - Your comment about WORKING reminded me of a guy I go to AA with who leaves the meeting a little early to get to work on time. He always says "I'm leaving early today because I GET to go to work! It's all in the attitude!" Just like Bear was saying at the end of the Friday thread about perception. It's everything.

My test went pretty well I think. But it was all written - no multiple choice. So maybe I don't know what I don't know! I'm sure the worst I will do in this class is a B and I might even squeak out an A. So it's all good either way and now I'm moving on to the next subject! (research for the debate continues!)

One thing is for sure...

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF saturday

Hey DG, glad the test went well.

Yuk Yuk's is a Canadian Comedy club. Usually one headliner comic and 2 or 3 others. Show is about an hour and a half long and is just stand up comedians. Some nights are hillarious, some are just so/so but it's a different night out than just heading to the movies. And it's about the same price as a movie so it's worth it!

Comment

AF saturday

X-Post Uni. I am so sorry to read what happened at the hockey match! :egad: I hope that other mom gets a clue. I mainly hope your daughter is OK. :l A great night of comedy sounds like a good way to get your mind off of it, since it unfortunately can't be changed!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF saturday

Uni :l
                          Glad your daughter is OK!
                          I know exactly how you feel......
                          My daughter (just out of college) was hit by a drunk driver (during work hours). Unbelieveably the drunk was taken to the same ER. She had some back & neck injury, nothing real bad. I went to the cubicle where the drunk was & he was just laying there, snoring his ass off......I wanted to kill him, I really did

DG, glad you survived your test - knew you would
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF saturday

:yougo:I GOT A 99 OUT OF 100 ON MY FINAL!!!:yougo: A IN THE CLASS! :yougo:

Wow I'm really happy about that!

Thanks you guys for sending all those smart vibes my way! It worked! You all get to share an A with me!!!!!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF saturday

:yay: DG!
                              I'm going to bake you a huge loaf of honey whole wheat bread :H
                              Good job on your test!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X