AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

Good afternoon, Monthly Abstinence Subscribers. This is your Kaslo speaking again. Flight 1106 is about to land, and I am sure you are all glad to finally get through all the lawn mowing, sun-tanning and wait a second, wrong date order, its November Six not June 11th here. For heavens sake. Ok, well sorry about that. You never know where Air West Kootenay is going to take you. Or us, either. In fact ladies and gents, we've made a big decision today. And that is we are going to leave the west Koots and move back to our home on southern Vancouver Island. Not that we have one yet. We sold the big house on the Wilkinson Hill to move here in 2000, but we ARE going home. Even if we have to occupy Southern Vancouver Island in a tent.

Well Flight 1106 is about to land so please place your table trays in thier upright locked position, your seat backs upright, and make sure all your personal items are stowed beneath the seats in front of you. And for heavens sake tip the flight attendant of the way out.

Pap, just wanted to say how glad I was to read you were asserting yourself with the mofo in the home there, making life miserable for you. You go girl.

DG your hard work is going to pay off, and you deserve an A in just about everything, I figure.

Lav, smudging sounds good. I have been able to sense pain and discomfort and loneliness in buildings all my life. Its actually a burden, because the house in which I live is occupied by feelings of some unhappy person from the past, i sure hope the real estate agent doesnt pick up on it.

Uni, hockey is hockey. I hate it with a passion myself, but I am glad to see kids playing it still, I guess I just think the violence is shameful.

Det, one word: ok two: which boots?

Turnagain, lovely to talk to you recently. You are special, smart, funny, and talented.

Kaslo, over and out. Dont forget to hang up your speakers.
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

Hello Fabber Abbers,

Just a quick check in to say hello to all of you. Nice to see more newbies here too!

I am very sore from 2 1/2 days of yoga and alot of emotional work. Going to hobble to the shower now

xxoo
      M3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

Whoo Hoo Kas!! What a huge monumental decision you and Mr. Kas made today but I sense that it is the right one for you. I am really looking forward to hearing all about the getting ready to sell, searching for the new home and finally the big move. I hope and pray that your next home will have nothing but positive energy and light emanating from it!!

M3-I think you deserve more than a hot shower so get thee to a massage table!! Great job!

Cab-good to see you again and great to hear you are still on track.

Uni-Hockey never ever ends. That is all. Congrats on the impending return of your license!!

Det-yummo!!

Sunni-you are too funny! I pray that whatever decision your daughter makes is the right one for her.

Lav-glad the smudging worked. I must check this out although I never seem to sense negative energy from this house. I think DD eats it all up before I get home :H

DG-good on you for creating a plan for tackling the homework and studying this week! Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Hey Chill!!

Did I miss anyone? Treya, Turn, IJM, AFM (you are constantly in my thoughts)-where are you guys? Bear?

Busy day today but it went well. Another long talk with my boss. I'm anxious to see what she and the Nursing Dir. come up with. I'll find out tomorrow nite. I have no qualms about quitting should it come to that or offering just to work Sundays.

Went to my Sis's after work for the Pat's game and dinner. yummo! Took home dessert tho-too stuffed! Ready for tea and apple crisp and then sweet dreams.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

Mom3, so dedicated! awesome.

Kas, after a ton of research and consulting with professional adventurers I'm opting for a pair of professional German 'Haix' mountaineering boots that are crampon compatible. I didn't realize it but I already have the Sorels and I use them all the time in winter when working around the house. I just need a different boot design for very rugged terrain.

another piece of gear that crapped out in the snow storm was my waterproof parka. ugh! the zipper snapped right off. looks like it's going to be an expensive winter.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

apple crisp! Pap your making me hungry again
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

:no!: I have to smudge the house again!
              YB texted me to see if he could come over for dinner (I think he found out that our son & family were coming over). At this rate I'm going to have to buy a dozen sticks :H

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day here

Kaslo, selling your house? That's cool but stressful too. I didn't bother with a real estate agent when we sold our last house - I did all the work & saved a ton of money. Now that old house was full of unusual spirits....seriously. This house was brand new, we built it. The negativity here is all YB's

My son & DIL just asked if I could watch EB while they go see relatives in Maine. Apparently taking him there the last time didn't work real well. So I'll probably have him for a week or so in January - oy!

Gonna go stir up the fire. Have a great night one & all!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

Hey Ho FABbers!

Wood is done and stacked. Whoohoo. Always a big job. So glad that's over. Second year that my son and his g/f helped us - God bless them.

Lav.. thanks for the link! Very interesting, had not heard about that. I'm surprised actually that I hadn't because 50% of the island population is native. Will have to ask around and learn more.

Captn Kaslo.. thanks for landing this Sunday and good luck with the sale of your home, finding new one, etc. Big decision, indeed!

P3.. APPLE CRISP!!??? Darn.

Ooops, Mr. Wonderful hollering.. needs help with something. Off I go! Have a great night, everyone!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

Thanks Pap, way to go on the job front. This is a logical move for us, I lived there for 25 years before coming out here to work on a job that is now done, and although I like my house and garden, here in the Ks its not home to me. Whereas Victoria and surroundings is home, and I miss it quite a bit. Also my grand kids are there. And the ocean. We dont know if we are going to buy or build, Lav. I have built a house before, and it was majorly stressful, but we did end up with what we wanted. So its a toss up, but its going to be nice to get home to where my friends and family are.

Det, what ever you end up buying for footwear on rough terrain, keep you mind open till you try the things on. And if at possible buy from an outfitter who will let you take them back if you dont like them. Footwear technology for mountainous terrain has changed tremendously over the past 5 or 6 years. There are so many really well made north american options, and as we age our feet really take a pounding on rough ground. I do traversing over rough ground for a living, and Im 57 years old, with two pottery hips and a major knee rebuild. I work in snow at -40 for days at a time, in steep mountainous terrain with a pack, shovel, pickaxe and heavy air monitoring gear. I have to dig soil pits and carry out bags of shit that would scupper a small horse. Now adays I might only put 10 to 20 weeks a year but even four years ago I was out year round pretty much 10 days a month, in the worse conditions you can imagine. I respect your choice there because those are good rock climbing boots made in Europe but how much vertical cliff rapelling are you counting on? Or talus, scree slopes etc? Or are you planning on learning to do endurance style work in open rocky terrain at variable locations? Send me a pm if you want to chat more about this.

Anyways Ive bossed everyone around now for long enough.

Peace out

Kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 11/6

the Apple Crisp was Y_U_M_M_O!!! She put double crisp in it :H. I was very selfish and didn't leave a smidgeon for any of youse!!

Lav-hope you slept well last nite despite the YB aura of negativity.

Gotta fly and try to get a dog walk in before work. we'll see.
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                    X