Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nouveau Novembre - week 2

Hello Novemberites!

Rusty - so good to hear from you; really glad that you sound peaceful - I hope that your client continues to behave!

Sped - also great to hear from you, and congrats for all the AF months piling up. What a nice thing for you to take 'your girls' to the movie. I hear you about that Sunday afternoon thing - I heard a poem about Dusk on Garrison Keillor's poetry reading, I'll be Dill and go back and find it for us - the poet found a nugget of truth in the poem, if I recall.

Chill - thanks for the Gratitude reminder. I was out of sorts this morning, and your post was a great reminder of 'the old days'. It also helped me to remember that I just passed 11 months, so there's something to be Grateful for...

Lav - I ditto Chill - you would be a terrific medical intuitive. Seriously - think about it! I expect you are right about lunch and the $$ with YB...you'll just have to live yourself into the answer with him, I guess. Your patience is so to be commended. Have a great time with your family today!

Will try to check in later, after I get a few more things off my list - leaving for NC car trip tomorrow, so need to get things in place...
    to the light

Comment

Good evening Novemberites

Had a fantastic day with family!
      Ms Lily is crawling & pulling herself up to standing already at 8 1/2 months - yikes!!!!
      Will is sitting, clapping hand & becoming very verbal at 7 months & EB is maturing, turning 3 on the 28th. Yes, the YB joined us today, took care of a few chores around the house & yard. He spent time with each of the grandkids which is good. I'm exhausted after all the kitchen work but that's OK.

I am a Penn Stater, my son & several other family members are as well. The news of the child abuse & coverup is absolutely sickening. I downloaded & read the entire Grand Jury doc.............
      Seems that everyone from the university president right down to a temporary locker room cleaner is complicit I hope heads continue to roll & those abused children & families get the help they need.

Shelley, I'm going to look into that book you mentioned, thanks.

Rusty, hope you enjoy sunny Barcelona you dog (just kidding) :H

cyn, wishing you a safe trip to NC!
      Congrats on your 11+ months, fabulous!!!!!

Putting my tired feet up for a bit!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Busy Papmom checking in!!

Rusty-so good to hear from you and that things are going well in Barcelona.

Lav-glad you had a nice time today with the whole family. I sure hope YB is coming back to the real world.

Chill-hope your Sunday continued to be wonderful and inspiring.

Cyn-serendipity for sure with the books!! Have a great trip to NC!!

Sped-sounds like your sunday was going to be a beaut! Hope it turned out that way!

Dill-how did lunch with mom and dad go? You are a wonderful daughter as is Rusty!!

shout out to SD and Rustop and anyone else missing or lurking.

It's been a very busy weekend. Started at 5am yesterday with an agility trial I needed to get to by 7am. Entered DD in 2 runs-we Q'd and got first place in the first and NQ and 1st place in the second. Too bad because if I hadn't indicated the wrong end of the tunnel in the second run we would have earned our first title in Teacup Agility. Oh well, we had fun and he did the teeter perfectly both runs so I'm happy. There is always January.

Got home around 2, relaxed for a bit but not really then got ready for my sis's surprise party. Boy was she surprised!! Around 70 people showed up!! You should see the video I shot as she walked through the door!! Kudos to my BIL for pulling this off-Mission Impossible Accomplished!! I found it hysterical that her 14 yr old daughter wasn't let in on the whole thing until yesterday afternoon because she can't keep a secret to save her life! Had a great time-whole thing was catered beautifully and deliciously. The only negative was that no arrangements had been made to offer non alcoholic drinks except water so I had to scrounge around for myself while everyone else was served their choice of beer or wine by the servers. No matter, I was happy with my cranberry and seltzer. And, after listening to stories of drunken adventures from years past that involved my bro and sis in their early 20's and graphic details about the mornings after, I actually felt nauseous and was very glad I would not feel like that this morning. Any self pitying thoughts about "why is AL poisonous to me?? why can't I be like the rest of them?" flew out the window very quickly. Stayed much later than I had planned but got to have a nice chat with my bro. He is confident that he has enough work for me to consistently rack up 5-10 hours a week at TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS AN HOUR!!!! I tried to talk him down to $20/hr but he wouldn't hear of it. So, tomorrow I will give my 2 weeks notice to the NH for the weeknite hours. I think I want to stick around for Sundays as I do enjoy them. At least through the holidays.

Absolutely bushed by the time I got the kids fed and myself ready for bed. Was looking forward to a very deep sleep. Unfortunately LM had other ideas. Seems he got into something in the yard-maybe a mushroom-and got me up every hour on the hour to go out from 12:30 -5am. He NEVER asks to go out, never mind during the night so I knew he was hurting. Had to give him 3 butt baths as well. Poor thing. I called into the NH and let my boss know what was happening and that I would be in at 1pm if he seemed to be improving. Which he did so I did go in. We had fun-had a nice discussion with about 20 of the residents about Thanksgiving Traditions.

LM seems much better and I just fed him some boiled chicken and rice and I'm praying for an evening of non interrupted sleep!!

So on that note I will wish you all a good nite and a happy morning!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Lav - you are self-employed, and the matriarch of an extended family, so you don't get days off, didn't you read that in your job description? Just kidding, (kind of): so glad that your family time was so good - and congrats to you for making it happen.

PMom, aaargh, so sorry about your pup's potty issues, those lost nights of sleep are hard. Hope all is well now! Congrats on the Agility successes too!

I will try to check in from the road tomorrow...allegedly I could drive it in one long day, but I'm breaking it up. Much better for my neck and back, and I think easier on the dogs than a 11 hour drive. I'm somewhat apprehensive (well, what's new) about the trip, but I re-routed myself this evening so that I will not have to deal with NYC, Newark or Philly and can skirt Baltimore and DC. That has helped me calm down some...send me good travel vibes, please!!

Take care all, hope that you are moving through Sunday evening with peacefulness, and on to a great Monday --
          to the light

Comment

Cyn-you are very wise to break it up into a 2 day drive-even tho we're 29, it's not like we're 20 anymore!! good job on avoiding the big cities too-that's what gets me the most anxious when taking a road trip. I don't even like driving in my city!! I bet you will see some interesting sites along the secondary roads that will make for a great road trip! Please check in when you can!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
            X