mon 14 nov af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon 14 nov af daily

Hey all - day off today - meeting friend for coffee/mooch about town/lunch then I am off to gym and spa. I have booked a treatment today - they burn an essential oils candle,then pour the melted wax over me and massage me with it - sounds amazing and like the relaxing treat I could really do with.

Working on cultivating the gratitude/appreciation of what I have now, and setting myself weekly goals.

This week

Gym/aerobics x 3
    Cycle to work minimum x 3
    Stick to (moderate) calorie limit
    Positive thinking in am
    Job application/CV
    Funding application for team
    30 mins clean/tidy per day

Off to get breakfast and get myself showered/dressed.
    one day at a time

mon 14 nov af daily

Hey Bear,
    Sounds like a plan. Thanks for a nice positive start to the week. Enjoy that treatment now. ...wish I was there! I could be doing with some neck and shoulder massage. But I totally get what you mean by being grateful for what we got. My mantra for the day is ....every moment is perfect as it it.... :H:H
    Have a great day everyone,
    Treya
    AF since 11 July 2011
    You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Happy Monday fABbies!!! Thanks for kicking us off Bear. Wow it sounds like you have a fabulous day lined up!!!! Never heard of massage with candle wax. I need to TREAT myself more often! I hope you tell us all about it afterwards!

Hi Treya! A shoulder massage sounds awesome too. I think we should go get some of that!

Hello to all from yesterday! Det - gorgeous knife! P3 - 70 people and she didn't find out??? INCREDIBLE! WELCOME BACK PEACENIK!!!! I too would love to hear more about your business, your move, etc. etc. What a change!! Washington state or D.C.?

Hello all fABbies yet to come today.

I really need to work on my level of anxiety over tests. That is all. I will also say that if test anxiety is my worst problem in life today (which it is at the moment) then I am truly grateful for my awesome life. :h

One thing is for sure....I won't be drinking over anything today.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Morning fabbies!

When I kept muttering that I needed more hours in the day, I did NOTintend for the universe to provide it by means of sleep reduction. Really, I can't believe I have not just keeled over. I hope it doesn't happen at some inconvenient time like in the middle of a haircut. :H

bear, way to plan a week! I'm intrigued by the wax massage, It sounds lovely! Today is freelance day and part of it is my massage barter. Part of the routine is the wife making lunch which is a real bonus for me! It always includes some sort of homemade soup. Even chilled ones in the summer.

Treya, your mantra is a thought I have to remind myself of on a kind of regular basis.

Det that is one amazing knife you made. What is the significance of the name?

Sunnybutt, you must be over the moon about being able to have hay till April! This barn seems like a real dream come true for you. Yay!

Lav, your happiness really came through in your post yesterday. I see what you get from the collective family gatherings. I need to let go of my fear of a rerun of YB induced loneliness and misery so I can feel happy for you as he attempts to be included. I want the best for you, but it is you that knows what that is. :l I promise to work on that and try tokeep my mouth shut until I get there.

P3 tht is awesome about the job w/ your brother! Woo-Hoo!

OK, I'm breaking my rule about morning computer time in the robe. Zooooom!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Happy Monday abbers! Sounds like this thread is off to a wonderful start!

DG, best of luck on those stressful tests. I'm sure you will pull through with flying colors! You go girl!

Bear-Hot wax candle massage...wowee, does that sound good! Enjoy every delicious moment! :h

Treya, I love your new mantra: "Every Moment is Perfect As it Is"...I have been really trying to embrace living in the "now" and that everything is just as it should be in the moment and when you appreciate that, you are trully happy. Living in the past or the future does not give you happiness, but living in the moment and being able to appreciate it does.

Hi to everyone checking in today. Have a wonderful 11/14...wow, we are about halfway through November. Time is flying but at least it is much better now that I am AF. Day 13 for me and grateful to be here! :thanks:
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Nice goals bear, sounds like you are really grabbing that bull by its horns!!! Did you leave any time in your day for breathing? LOL

Such a wonderful group of peeps we have here, its just like with motorcycles, its an instant "bond" with the others.......pretty much like a brotherhood, I like that, and love all of you!

Stay strong everyone, this Monday means a chance to put up seven, yes thats right, seven golden stars on our calenders, and knock off yet another week, I wish you all success
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Love the idea of the gold stars Nelz...and yes, it's an opportunity to rack up another 7 days of AF bliss. Blissful is how I'm feeling cause there's no turning back to AL and I'm glad I finally got here!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Goooood Morning All,

Just caught up on the posts from the last few days. It is great that there are so many new and returning folks here who are serious about being AF.

I've not been spending too much time on the forums. I am limiting myself on my computer time and facebook, MWO, etc. because it was chewing up too much of my time, numbing me out, and beginning to feel like an addiction. Certainly don't need another one of those :H

Just came back from Phili where I was at an all day yoga intensive. Did my first hand stand. I had to fall a few times to finally get it and realized that this was keeping me from doing it all along, i.e., the fear of falling. Wow, how many areas in my life do i keep myself from really "going for it" because of fear!!!

Have a great day all. Weather is pretty warm here so I'm going to take a shower and get outside.

:hM3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Hi everyone! Checking in from Victoria....boy it sure is pricey here, since I left in 2000. We looked at real-estate but seemed always to end up near Ross Bay cemetery. I suppose the neighbours would be quiet!:H

Gotta get back to work! Its my tenth month anniversary. Went to a bar last night so mr Kaslo could have a drink I didn't feel uncomfortable or needful of a drink. Everyone have a fine day. Long drives ahead for us.
                  Kas
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

M3, had I known you were doing hand stands in Philly I would have driven in to see you :H
                    Glad you conquered that fear

Good morning all Abbers, bear, Treya, DG, greenie, Blondie, Nelz........

I seem to be running about an hour behind already today but I did get to Curves, the PO, the bank, have animals & self fed. Need to hit the supermarket to pick up my free turkey

greenie, I did indeed have a happy family day yesterday but I have no illusions/delusions of YB suddenly turning into Mr Wonderful. He is making some progress crawling out of his self-imposed prison but I see that he still keeps himself at a safe distance. I just wish he would realize that the problem is within himself & not me & the family. Maybe he is beginning to realize that & he's testing the waters - so to speak. I will never again let him drag me into that dark place where his soul should reside....

OK, back to biz here. Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Hey Kaslo - happy anniversary
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

Hello Fabbies!

Congratulations Kaslo!
                        Lav - free turkey!? Did I miss it? Did you win? As for YB (exactly what does that stand for, btw?) - I'm kinda with Greenie.
                        Greenie - so good to see you back, although we don't get to see much of you! And yessss, I am quite over the moon! Well, if I could get there.. after 360 bales of hay, even the top of the stairs looks rather unattainable :H
                        Bear - love your frame of mind these past few days! You sound so much better!
                        DG - quit stressing! You will pass with flying colours as you have any previous tests. You KNOW your stuff!
                        Momof3 - Where's the pictures!!!?? :H
                        Det - beautiful knife!!! And, when is the commercial bread version available, again?
                        Blonde - you're doing awesome!
                        Nelz - you will single handedly keep the sticker industry alive! :H

And hello to everyone else I've missed!

Well, the hay thing is done... off to other duties now. And, I MIGHT pick up a kitty for the barn today, too. He's a black/white tom cat from another barn and I actually fell in love with him last year in the Spring when he was only about 3 months old. He just looked like trouble, like he'd always have something up his sleeve. I'll have him fixed when I have the money but in the mean time, he can keep Miss Bubbles company (and she IS fixed) when she's out at what she considers her personal playground.

Happy Monday, everyone - the forecast here was kinda icky but they were WRONG!!! :woot:
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

happy Un-hung Monday ABeroooos!

crazy busy but stopping for a quick 'heyo'

Greeneyes, I haven't named the knife, are you referring to 'Damascus'? it's the type of steel used. it was invented in India centuries ago as a superior metallurgy.

Kas, happy anni to you and yours!

sounds like so many are doing well which is most gratifying if anyone is lurking please pop in and say hi!

my mantra for today is:

-don't injure myself at the gym
                          -all today's carbs will come in the form of vegetables

be well
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

my mantra for today is:

-don't injure myself at the gym
                            -all today's carbs will come in the form of vegetables
                            LOVING it!
                            T
                            AF since 11 July 2011
                            You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

mon 14 nov af daily

hello again...

i am really enjoying reading about sober activities and lives. it helps fuel the desire to be sober.

in a nutshell, we moved to washington state (yakima valley) at the end of april, bought a house in june, and have explored this amazing place in between. i used to live on the south dakota nebraska border in a very small town where i was isolated and bored, and where my alcoholism got totally out of control. i drank heavily (mostly 2 bottles of wine a day sometimes more) and was lonely and depressed. i know that no matter where you are, there you are, but in that place, i just felt so...dead.
                              a move was needed for me and my husband as his work was completely dysfunctional and basically killing him.

so here we are, in a much better place with a lot more going on and a lot more opportunities for me to drink! i am working on getting into a program (rational recovery or aa), doing hot yoga, and starting a business from home (for now) of dog sitting and taking dogs to appointments for busy owners. i have also been volunteering as a foster "parent" for a local animal rescue, and fostered a wonderful german shepherd pup until we could get her to paws rescue in seattle. life is good and i want to take full advantage of it by being sober and present. it isn;t easy and i am struggling, but i have so many more tools to use here! hot yoga is AMAZING! never could have done that where i was.

thanks for the welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                              X