Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Wakey wakey fabbies!!

Breaking rule again sitting here in the robe.

WB hula girl! and a shout out to some folks who stepped in and now.... where are you? Off the top of my head theres.....
    nursie
    mtmama
    lodestar
    mg
    merry
    dglvr

Come hang around with us or at least let us know how you're getting on.

One thing's for sure!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

greeneyes;1209424 wrote: Wakey wakey fabbies!!

Breaking rule again sitting here in the robe.
    Wow! :h

Okay here thanks Greenie. Battling on really, but tomorrow's another day.

Best wishes all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Guitarista;1209431 wrote: Okay here thanks Greenie. Battling on really, but tomorrow's another day.
      I know how that feels. Really. :huggy I keep an eye on you over there in undieland.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Greenie & G are at it already this morning :H :H

Well good morning Abbers!
        Happy hump day already too, can't believe how time is flying.

I'm starting off with a trip to Curves then plan to stay in motion until I drop

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

greeneyes;1209432 wrote: I know how that feels. Really. :huggy I keep an eye on you over there in undieland.
          Hey, and you know what? I know you and a couple of magical folk are keeping an eye on me. Spooky? Nope. I feel like a lucky fella.

Thanks.

:h

N.R.N.R.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Hiya Lav! :h

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Mornin' Abbies!

Green Eyes, I am guilty of "sitting here in my robe" too...gotta get up and get going or else nothing will get done and I am off today and tomorrow so it's gotta be now or never! But I think of logging in my time at MWO as valuable too since it is instrumental in my recovery. I was going to budget an hour for MWO this morning and it is just about that...so I'll say my hellos and then on to some chores!

Hi Mr.G, Lav, and those who haven't peeked on here yet today! I'm at the 15 day mark and grateful for that. Had a bit of a rough night last night when I first got home from work...felt like a drink real bad but ate right away and came on MWO to post. And of course, that sent the craving packing! Thanks to everyone for being here!

Looks like maybe rain today in my neck of the woods, but it has been so mild lately I can't complain. We can have a foot of snow this time of year and I haven't seen one flake. Kinda looking forward to that actually so I can break in my new Bean boots!

Cheers all and I'll be back on later, gaters! Meanwhile, have a fabulous abber day!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Hi abbers! I too just took my robe off and decided to clean the bathrooms and the kitchen. I had a rough day Monday depression wise and then Tuesday was a good day. I was very busy yesterday, went to a meeting and did a lot of running around which generally is rough on me and makes the next day difficult. So today has been a slow start for me. But I have decided to get up and moving.

Blondie great job on 15 days - you are halfway to 30! Huge milestone. G-man, keep on fighting the good fight.

DG - hope you haven't dropped yet! LOL

Okay, I'm off to finish some cleaning and do some homework reading. Then tonight is a WFS meeting which I am looking forward to.

Have an awesome AF day everyone!
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Hello friends,

Debbie Downer here again. No, not really, but sometimes I feel that way. I'd like to keep the thread upbeat and positive, but I have so much going on right now that is not exactly happy it's hard to find that ray of sunshine.

I woke up at 4:45 this morning to get my son up for early morning basketball practice and it was snowing!!! I guess I didn't see the weather report. I went back to bed and now I kinda feel like I got run over by a truck. I hope I'm not coming down with something. I found out the hard way last year that too much stress and going to hard makes me sick.

Thanks Greenie for you input on yesterday's thread concerning my son. It is the weirdest feeling hearing stories and then talking to him about it. IDK, if he continues to lie, he will come to regret it. I hope and pray that if I just keep talking to him he will hear my little voice in his head when he is faced with these choices. I am loving the book you recommended, but I should have read it when the boys were toddlers. But my son IS a good kid. I will continue to believe that with all my heart until I have proof otherwise. And even if that happens, he will still be a good kid. He may not be a goody 2 shoes, but the person he is, is a good one. And I love both my kids so much it hurts. :h

My friend whose husband has colon cancer called last night and the news was not good. She brought him home from the hospital, his liver is all messed up from the tumors there and she asked that I tell others to give them a few days to themselves. It tears me up inside to see them go through this.:upset:

Hi to Lav, Blonde and G! Where is IJM?

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day despite all the turmoil. I was invited to go to a "Sportsmanship Summit". The speakers there were fantastic. I wish more of our coaches could have heard what they had to say, but the boy's basketball coach was there, and I was happy about that. We even visited with him afterwards about some ideas of things for the boys to do after games, so they don't have to create their own "fun". I also suggested he imposed a curfew--takes a little pressure off the parents. They would LOVE me if they knew it was my idea.:H

Ok, I better get busy. Have a great sober day all!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

good morning kids!

lv, i dont think you should feel bad about coming here with issues, that's why we are here, right? life isn't always sunshine and roses. ain't that da truth!!!?:l

uni, take care...go slow

blondie, i love wearing winter clothes, so i totally know how you feel about those boots! :H

guitar, you have a great energy...i always like to read what you write.

lav, i want to be in motion today, but i am just wiped out for some reason. i'll live vicariously through you!

greenie, i never feel guilty about being in pajamas...maybe that's my problem!!!:H

have a loverly day all...i'm going to get out and hike with my beagle and then go to hot yoga this evening to get through my "witching hourssssss".

peace

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Hey-Ho Fabbies!!!

Gosh.. past noon here - where the heck did the morning go!?

LVT, I'm GLAD you come here and share your worries and woes! :l Isn't that what it's all about? We need each other and the support here more so when things AREN'T going perkety peach, right??? I totally know how you feel about your teenage son.. believe me. I guess, the only advice I can give you is to keep talking, keep doing what you are doing, and stand your ground on issues that matter.

Greenie... I dunno why you came up with that rule for yourself! I think puter time and robe/pjs go together perfectly!

G'day G-mate! Keep rockin' it.. you do it better than anyone else!

Uni.. Gosh, I was thinking of you and little Uni after the accident in Edmonton. Hopefully, this is opening some dialogue between coaches and players?

Lav, no dropping allowed! :H What I mean to say is, don't work yourself to exhaustion. Not good for us 29 year olds.

Ok, good news: The kitty came back!!!! :happy:
                      And then he left again :H I even peeled Bubbles (the spoiled house cat) out of my bed and made her come to the barn with me so she could meet 'Boris' - but he had vanished again. Bubbles wasn't terribly impressed with me, I don't think. I'm awfully relieved that he's ok and I'm hoping he will stick around. If he ever stays put long enough I'll get a picture of him.

Now, where's DG, Marshy, IJM, Kaslo, Peace, and the rest of the crew??
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

quicky hey-o!

on the road again battling the hotel lifestyle. zooming along

be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

whizzing in after work - another positive day AND I stayed positive despite others' negativity.
                          Friends over for dinner tonight - they suggested pub - I suggested i would cook dinner - well dodged!Making chicken,chorizo and bean stew.
                          anyway must zoom - tomorrow - glad to be af
                          one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Hi fABbies!!

LVT - kids can be good without being perfect. :l I strived for perfection in pleasing my parents and following every rule and expection they put out there for me. Look where it got me. I can't imagine how hard it is to be a parent and somehow find the fine lines you need to find. :l You are not debbie downer. That's what we're here for is to listen to each other!!!!!!

Greenie and G-man
                            Sittin' in a tree
                            K-I-S-S-I-N-G
                            First comes :h
                            Then comes _________________
                            That is all.

How do you like my poetry?????

I'm zoom zoomin' - need to work up and outline for my part of the debate team presentation. I can't wait 'til that's over with!! It's fun - but it's starting to feel good checking off the remaining projects and assignments in anticipation of semester end!

Love you all - thanks for being here.

One thing is for sure...

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/16/11

Wow Bear, you are really doing well. So positive, that's great! LVT we all have bad patches with our kids and kids will be deceptive, especially if they are afraid. Hope you feel better about your situation soon.

Congrats to ms green re flat top btw. Hi Lav. High to everyone else to,Det , Sunni, m3' p3' and Uni where is Turnagain? Hmmmm? I was with not v good net when she posted her moose pix. I can't see anything wrong with that particular cow but pix can be deceptive. She should not be that preg at this time of the year but stranger things have happened esp to moose. Dg you must be looking forward to some time off.

Well back to work for me. What ever the heck month I'm in, lol! Not going back. Touch wood and whistle!

Kaslo of the frozen north.
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X