Friday November 18th AF Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn, you got it...no cake for me! must be strong caveman. catch you on chat later.

you got it Greeneyes, will get my beauty rest xxxx
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sunny, I am so very sorry to hear about your daughter's condition and her loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Lav is right, sometimes things are just taken out of our hands. A big, special hug to you this evening my friend :l

DG- I am a manager for a natural/gourmet food market. It's a busy store year round but November and December are our busiest months, and this particular week up coming is the busiest of the year with Thanksgiving and all. For one, we take orders for organic and natural turkeys, plus all of the accutriments to go along with TG dinner...we sell the organic, healthy varieties of. Plus we have a fresh organic produce department which is going to be humming this week selling everything from organic cranberries to greens to potatoes and squash, you name it. The store also has a nutritional supplement department and health and beauty department. If any one has a Whole Foods store near them and has been in it, picture that store cramped into a 2,000 SQ Foot space...that's us. And we're the only show in town so we have a great niche in the community. I manage a team of about 25 staff who are like family to me. It's a labor of love, really, and I enjoy going to work everyday. Ok, wow, that's a lot of into about my work but you asked. :H

Oh, and the reason I am working 6 days in a row this week is cause I usually have Wed/Thursdays off each week but since I am needed on Thanksgiving Eve due to the shopping frenzy we always get, I told them I would work on Wed in exchange for having Friday off. So that will be nice for a change. I don't make it a habit to work 6 days in a row but my goal is to exceed last year's November sales and this week it's all or nothing!

Determinator...wow, that is some pretty tight parking! I though Massachusetts, especially living in the Boston area was bad but that is crazy! Must be frustrating at times!

Greeneyes, I am about to go to bed myself...hope you sleep well!

Goodnight to everyone else on here today: Lav, MG72, Kaslo, Peacenik, Momof3, Turnagain, Universal...geez, I'm beginning to sound like the end of a Walton's show..."Goodnight John Boy"...:H
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Det-Ummmm, how?????

Lav-GORGEOUS pic!! One day I WILL get to Longwood!

DG-TEVO or DirecTV DVR for xmas-that is all!

Sunni-I am so sorry for your daughter's loss (and yours) and very sorry you couldn't be with her. You both are in my thoughts and prayers tonite.

Blonde-your store sounds very much like a natural market we have here called the Living Earth. It used to be much bigger (but not even close to WF) but in the past 5 years they cut their space in half. I won't go in anymore-way too claustrophobic. Trader Joe's was the closest we got to a natural market until Wegman's came to town last month. so now I can get my WF like fix (and pay the price) whenever I want.
        Women for Sobriety is a national group like AA -similar but not quite. There is a Tues nite meeting in the next town over that I have yet to get too because quilting is on Tues nites. I did join their website and I'm getting their newsletters. I was going to try to be active on their boards but honestly, I have a tough enough time keeping up here! I do believe there is a live meeting up on the North Shore of MA.

Greenie-if you think working on Saturdays is unnatural, you should try Sundays :H!!

LVT-hang in there with the kids. It will be ok.

Hey Peace, Turn, Kas, IJM and anyone else out there!

So I have to let a little green monster vent:
        For my sis's 50th birthday (today), she got:
        A surprise party with all her nearest and dearest
        A brand new 2012 VW Toureg with nav and a humungous sun roof
        A dream trip to NYC

Who's with me when I say she does not get to complain about turning 50 until Nov 19, 2012??? :H

Off to bed. Up early for a craft show in the morning, then making party favors for 25 in the afternoon. Bah. Would rather be doing chores or errands (seriously) but I promised I'd do it.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Love the parking pic Det
          I thought everyone parked like that :H

Greenie, I was at Longwood Garden today (the nice place). The Mum festival ends this weekend then the Christmas display goes up -eek!!
          Papmom, the next time you're in the neighborhood I take you to Longwood
          Your sister is a very lucky woman. Other than dinner out I didn't get a thing for my 50th & have gotten absolutely nothing since Oh well, I've learned not to waste time being jealous....

peace, leave the leaves where they are - they'll be just fine

How's the wrist today Turn? Do I need to make a house call? :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

The
            Mums are so pretty! Im so gardening handicapped. Doh!

Must stay awake for couple more hours of work. Must stop yawning
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks Marshy....I think it only nine...Lav, that looks so nice. And warm! It snowing here. Just fell asleep in front of the fire...it was very pleasant to wake up and NOT feel half dead. And do my Laundry read a book etc.
              Kas
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Thanks for the welcome back Det. And you spell it just how it sounds: Hoola...Ha. I teach Health Occupations in the High School. My "quote" that all teachers had to post was "Practise what you teach". I'd "pretend" to be healthy all week and then on the week-end loose control. I finally got sick of going to work on Mondays with a hangover and still slightly drunk!!! Met my AF free week-end goal last week-end. Now entering the second week-end with the same goal. A big stress tomorrow...I'm starting a new job! Or should I say another job. I'm taking on some seasonal work at Sears to bring in a little more income. I find having adult children in college the most expensive time in child rearing. Any way, I will not let this extra stress push me over the edge. I'm really looking forward to the job, just a little nervous and don't know what to expect. I figure the more I work, the less time I have to get in "trouble" .

Aloha All.
                sigpic

Comment

PapMom-Thanks for the info on Women In Sobriety...I will check it out. Not sure if I would be up for the meetings but I will look at the websites! Hubs and I share one car and he uses it mostlly since I can walk to work...so meetings might be hard to get to.

Hula, good luck on your new job! I'm sure you will be great!
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

Working...
                  X