sun 20 nov af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sun 20 nov af daily

Morning all up early for training then we are playing another team this afternoon.

Greenie - happy birthday for yesterday - sorry about fox poo incident - it's evil stuff.

Enjoyed thanksgiving yesterday though felt really shy as there were lots of people that I didn't know.One of my friends was very drunk and loud - which I find really hard these days but most people weren't drinking/or were drinking only minimally.Training for rollerderby early Sunday morning is the ideal excuse not to drink!

I was struggling with the resentment last night and i had to keep reminding myself of the benefits and why I am doing this - one person asked if i was going to drink at Christmas and then i started stressing about that!

I'm a bit excited/nervous about the game today - I know it will be great fun when it coems around.

Happy sunday everyone - day 2 of the chromium picolinate - will let you know how it goes.
    one day at a time

sun 20 nov af daily

nicely done Bear!

yes holidays are a big relearning process indeed and it sounds like your off to a great start. I've never been terribly social so I'd rather stay home and not drink now, but I DO find that when I pry my bum out of the house and enjoy parties AF I really do have a good time now.

jeepers, I'm still up from last night. must sleep.

see you all in a few hours.

be well zzzzzzz
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Morning Bear and Deter! Bah! I should not be up this early on a Sunday!!

Bear, as soon as you can be honest with yourself and everyone else and just reply to those sophomoric questions with-"Why would you ask me that?" or "Not that it's any of your business but No, I don't drink anymore" or my fav "Why would I put poison in my body deliberately?" then you won't get stressed anymore by these questions. I guess its a generational thing that people are not taking you seriously and think that of course, you'll have a few at Christmas-why, it's just natural to drink at Christmas, right? Bah. No one in my family or any of my friends have ever asked me that question. They've expressed surprise that I'm not drinking (if they haven't seen me in a long time) when I say no thank you to an offer, but as soon as I explain that I've made the decision for my health, then the subject is closed and there are no more questions. Makes me very glad I'm not in my 20s or 30s anymore!! You will get there, I promise. I have had one situation where my "No thank you" wasn't taken at face value and that was this summer at the engagement party when the champagne for the toast was being poured. They didn't ask me why I wasn't drinking, they just couldn't take No for an answer. It didn't stress me and cause me to question my sobriety, it just annoyed the hell out of me that I had to keep repeating "No Thank you!". "Yes, I'm sure!". "My water is just fine, thank you!". I was missing the pre toast excitement for heaven's sake replying to this person! :H

Have a wonderful pre thanksgiving Sunday everyone!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Good morning fABbies! Bear, thanks for getting us started today! Good for you sticking to your non-drinking guns! I suspect being hangover free for roller derby is a wonderful thing!

Det - hope you are sleeping peacefully. I'm like you and for the most part would just as soon be home puttering with the things I really enjoy rather than being at parties. But AF at parties is comfortable for sure.

P3 - I don't get tested on why I'm not drinking either. What are you up to today? I feel so out of touch lately - am NOT caught up on things around here! Are you still working at the nursing home? Hope that all worked out....

Much to do today - we have some yard winterizing that needs to get done, and Thanksgiving cards to get addressed and out to customers, and some homework too. I best enjoy this bit of puttering time before the sun comes up!

One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Hey ho early birds!

Bear, the topic has come up for me a couple times at the shop. What I adopted seems to work ~ "Even a little bit started making me feel bad (headache if I'm pressed for details) and it isn't worth it so I don't drink at all. I love feeling great all the time. "

Have fun a derby!

P3 loved the pics yesterday.

DG, thanksgiving cards!! You ARE ambitious! :H

I lost part of little doggie's leash yesterday so I must dash off to the river to look for it before kayaking.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Wow, quite a few early birds up and at 'em this morning! Nice!

Happy Sober Sunday all! Bear-thanks for getting the party started today! Best of luck with your training today. Well done on a sober Thanksgiving yesterday...you've paved the way for the rest of us for later this week!

I'll be heading off to work in a few. Have to work till 6PM today and that afternoon time tends to ware on me on Sundays but I aways have to say that I am thankful for a job I enjoy in this economy.

Bright and sunny in my part of the world. High winds all night last night blowing the leaves around. Supposed to be in the 60's today, I'll take it! Watched the movie "2012" last night...loved it! Makes you think about the apocolypse and if it really could happen. Makes me appreciate today even more!

Hi to DG, Greeneyes, PapMom, Determinator and everyone else who might check in today. Have a lovely Sunday everyone!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

PS, Pap, I checked yesterday's AF daily and since it is Sunday I will post a reply here...thank you for the instructions on the photos...I will try it when a have a chance. LOVED the pics of your babies...wow, you have quite a pack there! Doggies are sweet and I just realized why your user name is PapMom...duh on my part...lol. Love the expressions on the gray and white cat and the long cream and orange kitty looks much like a beautiful long-haired cat I had as a girl...he was georgeous and lived to a ripe old age of 20! He had a tail like a long plume and would strut around with it proudly straight up in the air. He was quite the cat! Thanks for posting and when I figure out how to get my pics up I will post some of my clan.
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Good sunny Sunday morning Abbers

Bear, happy roller derb-ying today!

Det, hope you are sleeping well. I tend to stay up way too late myself (always have)

papmom, it's funny but I've noticed that my 30 something kids don't drink anywhere near the amount we did at that age ~ maybe they're just smarter, who knows? I've never let anyone pester me about not drinking, Afterall, it's really no one's damn business

DG, I have missed you :H
                I'm going out to cut back my herb garden & some other stuff today too. I have been too busy to get to that stuff.

Greenie, have fun kayacking - isn't the water a bit chilly??

Blondie, hope today goes quickly for you. I have worked more than my fair share of weekends!

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Good morning...! Thanks Bear, for starting. I used the same excuse as Greenie, because it's true. When I quit for good I found one glass of wine was giving me a headache and the occasional binge gave me the most clockstopping hangovers. I had cut back seriously. Greenie I read your thread on falling off the wagon recently and it gave me pause, I tell you. so bear, after a while the anxiety is replaced by confidence and feeling of empowerment. With some occasional thots of backsliding, I find. For me.

It's sinking in that I can't move back to Victoria it's too crazy to try and work up north fom there now The ferry is not like it used to be and the whole thing is super expensive I'm kinda bummed about it but I have a gorgeous place to live here. Can't kayak right now tho!

Hi to Det and Lav and pap3 Dg and. All others::H not sure what today will bring but one thing is for sure.
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

and he's back.... good to see you industrious AF'ers oot and aboot

Kas, yes you do have a gorgeous place!

well, my first day off in a couple weeks and it's snowing and blowing like mad. so...I'll fart around with some projects. working on a knew knife making project and restoring an antique Thai sword. and of making leek/yellow split pea soup.

bask in your AFness my loves..... life is grand

xxx
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Good Morning All,

Beautiful autumn day here. Have all of the windows open!!!!

On the topic of pressure to drink. Well, the best defense for me when I was new to being AF was to not be around people who were partying and drinking. That way, I did not have to make excuses and I wasn't tempted by the pressure to drink. I found that in the early days, the person who cared the most about me not drinking was ME!! NOw, it doesn't matter. I can be around other who drink but it doesn't bother me.

Being around people who are partying and drinking is another story. It is now boring to me and I find it a bit shallow and offensive to see a bunch of 30-40-50 year olds (and older) drinking too much. I think they should be explaining their drinking to me not me explaining my nondrinking to them.:H

Off to do laundry and vaccum and to finish off with yoga class.

M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Good point about explaining. Why do people (including myself) lack that perspective about how ridiculous they look? Reading bill Bryson right now: at home. It's so ingrained in human civilization.
                        Kaslo

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Also Det, you are so interesting. Thai swords and pea soup??!! Cool!
                          K
                          Kaslo

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Hi again everyone!

momof3;1211905 wrote: Being around people who are partying and drinking is another story. It is now boring to me and I find it a bit shallow and offensive to see a bunch of 30-40-50 year olds (and older) drinking too much. I think they should be explaining their drinking to me not me explaining my nondrinking to them.:H

M3
                            M3, my story is the same as yours. I found it easier to get AF by minimizing the amount of time I spent around drinking. And now? I'm exactly like your "now" too. I love the idea that they should be explaining their drunken behavior! :H Indeed. It's quite a deteterrent for me to se 40-50-60 somethings getting plastered. Not pretty. Drunken kids are that pretty either but there is something depressing about 40-50ish drunks. And that was ME until I was 50. Ugh. No more!!!

I am separating the whey out of some oranic yogurt. I had no idea that would help home made mayo last longer.

The day is getting away from me....zoom zoom...

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

sun 20 nov af daily

Good afternoon-ish FABbies!

30' Hershey kiss is proudly displayed at its winter resting place (boat covered in silver tarp), kitchen is spic 'n span (not for long, I'm sure), washing machine and dryer have been busy, son dropped by to give me $100... it's been a good day!

On the subject of son... LVT, you might appreciate this: This is the boy who was into drugs, lying his way through and out of everything, breaking into liquor cabinets, in trouble with the law, and I could go on for a week. He's been working 6 days/week, saving his money and went to sign his new lease today (moving into bigger apartment with g/f and another friend), didn't ask for a dime for 1st/last months rent, security deposit AND 2 months rent at his old place because they apparently require 60 days notice. And get this: I told him today that I consider his debt paid off.. I explained that it was never about the money.. it was about him making an effort, making mature and responsible choices... well, junior disagreed and said that he was not done paying me back :wow:

Papmom, loved the critter pictures! Quite the gang you have there!

To all the rest of you... have a grand Sunday night - I'm going to thaw out in the bathtub... getting quite nippy out there!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X