Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 28 nov af daily

Hohoho everyone - feeling festive!

Day off today - had to take kitty to the vet for blood tests - unexplained weight loss - he's 11 - he seems good in himself so I really really hope he is ok. Results back this pm.

Cleaning to do today - don't know where to start and feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. One room at a time may be best approach (may have to put Christmas tunes on) and I need to do a funding application for derby team - have injured my knee again so feeling blue about that.

I had planned to hit the gym but need to rest now - I am so scared this could be end of playing derby for me. Still I'm not in much pain and have day off work so some things are good. Parcels to be collected as well today.

Not feeling as perky as of late - hormones and getting a slight cold/knee - would be a hell of a lot worse with a hangover.

Have a good day everyone - will pop in and out today as I have no work getting in the way of my life!
    one day at a time

monday 28 nov af daily

Waz up peeps?

Sorry I?ve been away so long. I was telling Kas earlier that I totally suck at keeping in touch when I get busy. It seems like the last month or so things have been non-stop. Not in a bad way at all though.

Not only has work been crazy but I started running again a month or so ago and I love it. It really gives me a natural high that AL never came close to producing.

Let?s see ? also over the last month I took up piano and am really enjoying it. I have a weekly lesson with a teacher then practice every day. I try to get in 30 minutes in the morning and 30 more minutes at night. It?s something that I have always wanted to do but never got around to it. It?s amazing, you never really realize how much time and energy AL takes up until you step away from it and look at where you have been.

I see that I missed Pap?s 29th birthday. CRAP! Pap, I bet you don?t look a year over 27.

I sort of scanned the last few weeks posts but need to go back and spend some quality time with them.

Take care all!
    IJM

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Morning abbers!

IJM - good to see you again! Piano - I'm waiting for X'mas because I know I'm getting a guitar and that's something I've always wanted to learn.

Bear - hope your knee feels better soon.

Had a nice night last night with family watching the Grey Cup and the Amazing Race (for you American's out there the Grey Cup is the Canadian Football Leagues equivalent to the Superbowl).
      It was fun and we all had a good time with no AL in the house at all.

I have my regular therapy appt today with my regular psychologist. SHould be interesting to see if she's heard anything back yet regarding last weeks insanity. But I am feeling much better. And hubby seems to be responding a bit better too now finally. Who knows. We have a couples counselling appointment tomorrow which I'm hoping will help. He just really doesn't understand mental illness at all and is very resentful towards me because of it. It has created a bit of a wall in the house that I don't like right now so hopefully after tomorrow things will brighten up.

Cold and rainy here today - figures! LOL But at least i'ts not snowing yet!

Love and hugs abbers,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Good morning Abbers!

I'm off to Curves to try to work off the turkey dinner & the leftoves
        Then straight on to my son's to watch the boys for a few hours!

Greetings to bear, iJM, uni & everyone - will be back later.

Here's my Note from the Univers today - kinda neat

Detours, challenges, and crisis, Lav, are simply covers for miracles that had no other way of reaching you.

It's all good,
        The Universe

I think it's a good message for all of us

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Hey Abber Crew!

Bear-sorry about your knee...ouch! Good luck with the housework today. I know what you feel about getting overwhelmed by it all. Me too. Best to take it one project at a time and finish it...then on to the next. I tend to be all over the place and never finish in one spot so my new tackle on it is to just focus on the one room/one project approach. Although not for me today...lol...I have to head to work. I'll be tackling the housework on Wednesday, my next day off.

Universal...sorry that your weather is gloomy. But like you said, no snow yet. Us either...but I kinda want to see the first snow now that our holiday tree is up. Just didn't seem right picking out a tree in 60 degree weather...that's a first! But don't mark my words cause I'll be complaining of the snow next month...you'll see

Thanks for getting the party started this am Bear. Lav-go get em at Curves baby!!! Hi to everyone here and those yet to check in. I'll look forward to catching up with y'all tonight.

Take care and have a wonderful day all!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

hey all - kitty cat fine after tests -yay! 'my lush sobriety' turned up in the post so decided to read that all day on sofa rather than clean - Wednesday for me too - and it feels like exactly the right thing to do!
            one day at a time

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Hi All,

Just checking in. I'm doing well. Been running and/or swimming everyday. I've also been doing alot of work for the Lions Club. We're very busy this time of year providing food and Christmas gifts to people who need it. It's great that organizations like ours do this during the holidays but I wish we had the resources to do it year round. People aren't just hungry during the holidays...

Still sober and loving it. I am a much better person without alcohol in my life.

Have a great day everyone!

Don

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Hi all, it's been a while. Hope you all had a good Thansgiving or if you're out of the U.S. a good weekend.

Still pluging away, work and life keep me busy and sober.

peace to you all
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Morning FABbers!

Lav.. luv your note from the Universe! Have fun with the wee ones!
                  Bear.. take care of that knee! And perhaps rest instead of spending your day off playing domestic goddess?
                  Uni, hope your day and sessions go well.
                  Blonde, I'm like you... cleaning often turns to mayhem when I put something away (OMG, look at that dust in there, should clean that before putting something else in it) (Heavens what's this in here? That should have been thrown out years ago. I wonder what else is in there, lemme pull all this out)... ya know? :H
                  Hello Chief and OMW :hallo:

I'm busy with damage control from yesterday's dilemma. My website was hacked (in fact, redirected to 'Occupy Toronto') and while it's fixed now, I guess my hand is being forced and I'll have to upgrade my Content Management System. I've dreaded this for some time because of all the work involved and also some money. One of my most important components will not work with the upgraded system and 1. I have not found anything I like to replace it with, 2. it will take literally days of work to redo, and 3. will cost some $$, too.

I better stop grumbling and look at Lav's universal wisdom again

Anywhoo.. that's my day. But one thing is for sure...
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Hello Fabber Abbers,

IJM, Thanks for checking in. I was thinking that I was going to have to drive south to see what the heck was going on with you. So very happy to hear that you are running again. I haven't been running much these days but I will get back into it once my yoga teacher training is over. Getting those yoga hours in chews up alot of time. Still doing bootcamp though. Running is what kept me sober the first year for sure. So keep on running my friend. Love those endorphins.

Bear, Happy to hear your cat is okay.

Hi Chief, I'm happy you checked in too. And, On My Way...it's been awhile. Welcome back.

Hello to Sunni, Blondie, Marshy, Greenie, DG, Det, P3, Papmom (The Curves workout queen!!), Turn Again, Uni and everyone else.

Even though I don't think much about drinking anymore, I find myself in need of sticking close to you guys during the holiday season. Sober holidays Rock!!!

:l:h
                    M3

PS. It was 71 degrees here in Northern VA yesterday. Woot! Woot!
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Happy un-hung Monday ABerooos!

thanks for the start Bear, hope your knee is ok. ice ice baby!

Uni, you get your blood tests done yet? (the nagging continues)

OMW and IJM good to see you two...been a while.

I'll be off to jiu jitsu tonight to get some endorphins myself. can't wait.

Chief, you sound great man

zooming around here...

be well friends
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Det - I love ya my bestest guy cyber friend! No, not yet. I didn't even think to ask my doc when I was there last cause I was too busy bitching about the dumb psychiatrist. But I have to call her today so I will ask her for a requisition - I PROMISE!!!

My regular therapy appt was AWESOME!!! I got so much out - feel soooooooo much better!

Love and hugs,
                        Uni
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

Hi Monday Abbers...sounds like a busy day for all, including myself. Glad to finally sit down and chill out for a bit. Hubs is teaching tonight so I am able to catch up on some "me" time. Will get cozy and do some reading on books I started last week but never progressed into much with the TG chaos.

One more day of work tomorrow and then off for 2 days...have lots of housework to catch up on but that's OK...I am actually looking forward to getting it done! Instant Gratification!

Momof3, wow, you're going to be a yoga instructor? That is awesome, good for you!!!

Bear, Glad to hear that your kitty is fine. It's always a worry when you have to take them to the vet. Expensive too, but they are worth every penny.

Hubs and I are starting to plan our winter vacation, although if the weather doesn't start to cool off, we may just hit the beach here! Just kidding...this 60 degree weather won't last in New England, no sir. But nice while it's here. Anyway, my older brother and his wife live in Phoenix and I have never been out there. I spoke to him on TG and he invited us to stay there, plus will take us up to the Grand Canyon too. Seeing that we would have a place to stay, it would just cost us the airfare and whatever food and stuff we buy there. And it would be warmer than here in Feb or March! The best part I am saving for last everyone...my brother and his wife are also SOBER! They have had their problems with drugs in the past but actually met in recovery and have been sober for several years. My huband's wife even works in a recovery facility. Anyway, I've never even met her and haven't seen him in several years so I may just take them up on the offer. I'm a coastal girl at heart but I would love to experience the desert. If I were still drinking, I would not feel comfortable visiting them and staying at their house knowing that they are sober and I was not. So, it feels good to consider this with my new outlook in life...sobriety. I also confessed to him that I did have a problem with AL and that I am giving it up for good. He always knew I was a drinking and he was too, but he got more into pot and other drugs, while my only poison was drinking. He was so supportive of my positive change and I wish he lived closer because my only close relative is my mother and as I've mentioned before, she is an alcoholic. When she went to visit my brother last year, he said that she kept pushing him to drink while she was there...saying "oh, just one won't hurt", but he stayed strong and didn't. But we both thought that was sad, that our own mother, knowing the problems that he has had with drinking and drugs (we are talking jail time here people) and she still edged him to drink. I am pretty disgusted with her about that. Anyway, ending on a positive note about our conversation, I really cannot wait to get to see them and a part of America that I have yet to see.
                          I meant to share this news with you guys earlier this week but again, with the holiday rush, I didn't have time to post everything. Cool, huh! Anyway out in AZ who can give me some tips? We want to see Mesa and also Sedona. I'll prolly be there for about a week.

Well, that's all that is going on with this blonde chick. Time for a cup of tea and oh, before I head to bed with a book, I almost forgot that it is cyber Monday and that LL Bean is giving 10% off ending tonight, so I'll poke around and see if there is anything I need (errr, I mean...want )

Here's to a peaceful and sober night to all!
                          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

LOL M3!! The Curves workout queen would be Lav, defninitely not me :H :H

Nice avatar pic Chief! You are one handsome dude! Keep on rocking the running!

Sunni-sorry to hear about the puter problems. I hope you will be able to come up with an acceptable solution, both application wise and $$ wise.

Brear-glad kitty is OK!! Did they do a T-4 to rule out hyperthroidism?

Welcome back OMW-hope you stick around for a bit.

DG!!!! Where the heck are you?

IJM-so glad you checked in!! Glad all is well and that you are rocking the running as well. Keep up the great work!

tonite is my first nite as Sole Proprieter of my new business (ok, that part isn't official yet but I did get the app notarized today!). My bro sent me a report to proof and I can upgrade his website. Whoo hoo! Will get going in about 20 min.
                            Have a great nite all!
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

monday 28 nov af daily

xpost Blonde!! your winter vacation sounds awesome! Isn't there just the most amazing feeling of freedom when we don't have to worry if there will be enough (or any) booze for us???
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X