Lavande - Thank you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavande - Thank you!

OMG! Thank you so much for the embroidered ball cap!! I got it in the mail today!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!

What an amazingly, kind, thing you have done for me - a complete stranger in real life. There truly needs to be more people like you in this world.

You have now made my dealing with Cancer Treatments so much brighter! I thank you from the depth of my heart.

WOW - It is fantastic. I am going to wear it with my head held high!!

And thank you for the Angel, and the card. Also, your business card!!! Thank you for everything. (I will pass around whom I received this wonderful gift from!! Especially at the BC Cancer Society here!!! Your plate may get pretty full of orders!!)

Much love, my lovely. Thank you so much. I cannot express how much your kindness means to me. :l:l

AFM :h

Lavande - Thank you!

Awhhhh thas deadly! xxx
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Yeah, our Lav is pretty special-and deadly!! We love her!! :h
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Well, I am glad you liked your cap
        Now don't get too excited but I'm about to send you another cap, different style :H :H

You deserve a little something for being such a brave girl

Keep taking good care of yourself!
        :h Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

That is such a wonderful gift! I bet it looks cute on too!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Lavande;1218139 wrote: Well, I am glad you liked your cap
            Now don't get too excited but I'm about to send you another cap, different style :H :H

You deserve a little something for being such a brave girl

Keep taking good care of yourself!
            :h Lav
            Are you serious???? Sending me another? I feel like the luckiest woman alive, and it feels like Christmas!!

You are sooooooooo nice!! I am wearing your cap right now!! I love it!!

And the fit......... holy smokers! So comfy!!!!!!!

You are wonderful woman, Lav & I love ya to bits!!

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

AFM,

So glad to see your post. I was wondering just yesterday about you and hoped you were doing ok. I actually remember exactly when and where I was when you crossed my mind. And now to find out you have a MWO hat from Lav is just awesome!!!! Can you post a pic of the hat?

xo

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Good for you, AFM and well done, Lady Lav

Oh.. and AFM... we really like pictures here.. just thought I'd mention... :H
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Well - I have a picture :H :H :H :H
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

You're absolutely brilliant.

Both of you.

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Lav, it's fabulous!

AFM....I don't post here, but I lurk, and I just wanted you to know something....I so admire your strength and positive attitude about your cancer and treatment....a herculean feat, especially for someone whom I think is probably A LOT younger than I am. I'm 50. I wish I could have given my dearest friend your strength. She knew she had a lump on her breast for over 5 YEARS....and never told anyone about it....she finally went to the doctor when it hurt. She died 2 years later. She threw herself into a pity party and made everyone around her miserable if they weren't pitying her enough. She turned on me....her clients, her longtime mate.....and blamed everyone else for her cancer, etc. I have to admit, I was disappointed and embarrassed for her. That was a side of her I didn't know and didn't like. I only pray that if I am ever in your shoes, I have the guts you do. I think of you often....and you will look so cute in Nurse Lav's caps...and you will be the envy of everyone at the BC cancer center.:l

Rusty

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

This is heart warming and sent shivers down my spine.
                        Lav the cap is awesome!
                        You guys are all truly amazing :l
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

OMG reading this has absolutely floored me. In such a good way.
                          Lovely lovely kind and brave people.
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Rusty;1218227 wrote: Lav, it's fabulous!

AFM....I don't post here, but I lurk, and I just wanted you to know something....I so admire your strength and positive attitude about your cancer and treatment....a herculean feat, especially for someone whom I think is probably A LOT younger than I am. I'm 50. I wish I could have given my dearest friend your strength. She knew she had a lump on her breast for over 5 YEARS....and never told anyone about it....she finally went to the doctor when it hurt. She died 2 years later. She threw herself into a pity party and made everyone around her miserable if they weren't pitying her enough. She turned on me....her clients, her longtime mate.....and blamed everyone else for her cancer, etc. I have to admit, I was disappointed and embarrassed for her. That was a side of her I didn't know and didn't like. I only pray that if I am ever in your shoes, I have the guts you do. I think of you often....and you will look so cute in Nurse Lav's caps...and you will be the envy of everyone at the BC cancer center.:l

Rusty
                            Rusty, that must have been awful for your friend and everyone around her!

I cannot express the importance for women to get their mammograms, and if they do the 'self checks' and find something suspicious, to get to their Dr. An early diagnosis can mean a cure!!!

I am 39, so not that far behind you. I will be 40 in April. But I stopped counting at 29! :H

When I found the lump in my breast, I immediately phoned my GP in June. BUT, I also got myself so freaked out that I cancelled that first appointment for my yearly physical; only to get my wits together again and rebook it for early July. Things happened so fast, Mammogram, Ultrasound, MRI, and a biopsy that I really didn't have much time to dwell. I had so many appointments for August, then proceeded with surgery September 1. Then I had a battery of appointments for October with the Cancer Agency, a counsellor, etc.. Then started Chemo on November1.

I guess what I am saying is that I didn't have time to get angry or feel sorry for myself. Thankfully!!! I also had to get a WILL done, etc. My biggest fear was if it had spread, and it didn't, what would happen to my kids? It was then, that I decided to live each and every day like it was my last. I wanted my kids to remember me in a good way, if I were to die. As morbid as that may seem.

I have had a few bad days. I don't share them often. I usually isolate myself at home and eat my face off, and watch stupid stuff on the TV. That is how I deal with the 'why me' crap that tends to creep in once in while.

My experience so far with this has been pretty positive. I have a great Oncology Team, a great Cancer Counsellor, and friends that kick me in the pants when I am down. Also, my family has been wonderful; surprisingly enough, this brought my mother and I together. Which I am happy about, even after the years of her hating me, so it seemed.

And I cannot forget MWO. Everyone here has been so supportive of me. During my dad's cancer, and death almost a year ago, and my own discovery of cancer. It is so nice that I can come here and have this support system as well.

I really try to just live one day at a time. That is all any of us can do.

Again, I am so sorry that your friend had such a bad experience with it. It must have been so hard for everyone. I appreciate your sharing your story with me. :h

AND, thank you for all of the rest of you for your support!! You guys are truly the best. I love you all! xoxo

Comment

Lavande - Thank you!

Actually AFM, you are the best....

Comment

Working...
                              X