thu 1 dec af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 1 dec af daily

morning all - up ready for a day at work - feeling anxious and fearful - no reason. Time to work on positive thinking.so glad i am alcohol free. i think i seriously need to do some exercise to boost myself. I can find plenty at gym that doesn't involve knee - even if i just do upper body weights and knee exercises.

good day everyone - tree and tinsel up today - exciting.
    one day at a time

thu 1 dec af daily

Morning abbers!

Feeling better every day - slept in a little, actually enjoyed sleeping in the spare room!

I am going to get up, have a shower and put up the outside lights today. I may even do some eliptical work. The one thing I am not going to do is drink. I think that the other day really reminded me of some things. I did a huge honesty lesson with myself in my journal last night and went to bed feeling relieved.

I'll touch back later, gotta get some coffee in me!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Morning Bear!!!

Get thy behind to the gym! :H Just take it easy on the injured appendages, ok?
      Wow, you guys with the decorating already... I'm in awe! I've almost had a Christmas spirit attack last week but I'm all better now :H

Greenie and DC - good to 'see' you yesterday!
      AFM - we want a photo of YOU strutting your stuff in the awesome hat!
      LVT - how are you feeling today?
      Uni - see above.
      Blondie - I've not gone as far as naming appliances yet but you go, girl :H
      Kas - Do we get to laugh - oops, ADMIRE - your haircut? And, will you be known as the Skype coiffeuse extraordinaire from now on?
      Sidney - Hello! There's a dusting outside my window... how is your weather?
      Hulagirl - I answered your post on yesterday's thread.
      Det and everyone else - have a great AF first day of December!

I better go find some clothes as junior and g/f should show up any minute here to kidnap my truck. They're moving today. Which means, I will later be seen in town in the old Exploder. Think Flintstones car... it's only a matter of time before someone will put their foot through the floor.

Off I go!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

x-post Uni - You sound tons better!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Good Thursday morning Abbers!

bear, a little careful exercise sounds good today
          I have done a little online shopping but decorating, etc - not yet. Takes me a while to get that energy going :H

Sunni, we have owned vehicles that truly did have little holes in the floorboards :H
          We actually had a VW that we put a new radio in but the radio did not fit well into the opening in the dashboard. For some reason when the winshield wipers were on the radio rocked back & forth in time with the wipers......it was hysterical :H :H

Uni, glad you are good this morning!

I have lots & lots to do today to keep me out of trouble including watching the grandsons.
          Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Thursday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Hello friends,

I like your attitude about Christmas Sunny! Our yoga teacher was playing Christmas music during class the other day and I don't think she liked my comments.:H It wasn't even December 1st for goodness sake! I did some on line shopping yesterday too, messed around too long and lost out on a better price on son's gift--you'd think I'd learn. It is snowing today and we are in for a cold spell. I would love to just stay home, but have a funeral today and then off to the spa for pedicures for a friend's birthday.
            I don't think I'll be putting any decorations up for a week or two. I like to leave them up until after January 5th-the end of Advent though.

Made some pretty tough decisions at a meeting last night. I think we made the right ones, but it is difficult for me to effect other people's lives in such a direct way. Hopefully everything will have a positive outcome. Nothing too serious for sure.

After the meeting I had a text from my friend asking us to sit with the family during our friend's celebration of life. Made me cry. Then hubby had to go and ruin it when I told him by saying she probably only meant me. What an ass sometimes!

It also looks like I may get to keep my job at the cemetery. If it works out, I may even get the head groundskeeper job. I know that is what my friend would want.

Hula--I agree with Sunny. It is nice your mom wants to pay your way, but she should understand you not wanting to leave hubby and you can't afford the extra expense. I still have not resolved the family issues I'm having, but we will. It's not worth a big fight.

Uni-I'm glad you're feeling better. I would love my own room.:l

Hello to all you af'ers! I better get busy--I have cupcakes to bake and candles to unpack before I leave for the day! Have a good one--make it a sober one!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Good morning everyone. Hi Bear, is there a chance that anxiety is about your knee preventing you from future fun? Hope you do well today. Sunni the chance of see the results of brain replacement is more likely. Uni, have a nice day, same to LVT Lave I envy you your time with gks.

Gotta get on the stats this morning. Wrapping my brain around repeated measures analysis of variance today. Last night I had to enter concentration data by hand and undoubtedly after that would have downed a few....this morning the pain is going to only be biometrical!

Big hi to all who enter here.. Det I keep missing you on chat. Turn as well. Must try to be there tonite. Ijm if yer out there mr Kaslo found a piano app for me....which is quite cool. You could practice during meetings with your minions, ha ha.

One thing is for sure

Kas
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Happy Thursday ABadingos across the dry-o-sphere!

boy was that obscure

ok then,

yesterdays trip to the chiropractor was fascinating. there are so many new gadgets and hi-tech things they have to play with now. I felt like I was being prepped for my first space launch. at any rate my back still hurts, but I'm trying to be patient. I probably took years to screw it up so one visit isn't likely to do it.

Lav, the story of the VW 'rocking radio' is so funny! my youth is full of 'interesting' VW stories as my dad was an avid VW mechanic and even had a repair shop for them with 11 employees at one time.

I was just thinking this last weekend about something I used to do when I was drinking that I really don't miss. In the evenings after belting down a few I'd start into this mode where I couldn't really focus on any particular thing at all and I'd begin just pacing around the house fiddling with things but with no sense of direction or focus. at the end of the night I'd pass out with nothing accomplished at all . how annoying!

Beherenow and Caper, you two come on down and say hi when you're ready. and a big welcome!

zooming along,

be well everyone
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Kas, I'll look for you on chat tonight
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Okay - need to vent cause I am so f@#$@ frustrated right now! So I ask hubby if he can drive me to the liscencing office later today because I just don't want to bike past the beer store. He goes, "I feel like before you drank, like everythings just in limbo with us". I'm like, Um DUH??? Remember that 2 days ago you were leaving me and I'm sleeping in the spare bedroom and we are going to couples counselling to work out some crap. Uh yeah, I'd say we're in limbo!!!!! So I just said to him, Mike, you are confusing me. This was what you wanted and now you're upset that we're in limbo. I need to do what I need to do and you need to do what you need to do. Do you want me to make another appt with the therapist sooner? (we have a follow up for Dec. 13th). And he's like no, it's fine. So whatever, I'm not worrying about it. I thought being honest about not wanting to bike past the beer store was a good thing but evidently not. He's so confused about what he needs right now - I wish he'd go see the therapist today on his own!

Okay, I've vented. Lights are up and I'm going to jump in the shower. Sorry not to comment on everyone elses life, just running like crazy today!
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Uni-sorry you're getting mixed signals from Mike. If you have to bike to the licensing office, as you pass the beer store, look straight ahead and yell at the top of your lungs:

:lalala:!!!!

is there another route you can take? Might be longer but no temptation?

Hang in there! You are right to finally know that you have to do what you have to do, and not worry about what he has to do.

:l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

cycle another way no sense in putting temptation in your way.
                        AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

i have been obsessing about having a glass of wine i have a good friend's leaving do from work tomorrow - plan to drive but don't really want to be in that environment, saturday is a party friends are down. i do not want to drink - i will not drink - do i ignore cravings/thoughts or just watch them and they will fade,:upset:

i am coming up to a month this sat and am aware that i have failed many times before - i feel angry and restless - i feel like it's all a rush - loads of people been off sick this week at work - coming down with it but not been off sick myself. grouch!!

maybe i should go in tomorrow and do rest of decorating tomorrow eve and use cold as an excuse - or maybe just call in sick and decorate tree in day - there is a leaving lunch tomorrow as well.I am leaning towards work then just stay in tomorrow/could go for just one hour i guess.
                        one day at a time

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Hi Bear, replace the exposure to wine with ANYTHING else. Dont even go there. If its staying home then so be it. but surely there is another thing you could do thats actually FUN? Take the initiative to set it up yourself. Take that step. Arrange some christmas window shopping and coffee with a non A friend? Go to a movie, go for a swim at the pool, what ever but wine parties do not sound like such a hot idea to me. Remind yourself....hey, wait a sec, I dont drink! That good friend, if they are a good friend would not want you to fail the test here. They will understand if they really ARE a friend.
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Blonde-Happy 30th anni!! Check out your party in general!!

Bear-we've told you many times that you have to put yourself first!! If you are not comfortable with all this socializing because you feel at risk then don't do it!! Everytime you get to this point (social so called obligations) we end up hearing that you caved. Don't do this to yourself please. You need way more than a month to feel strong enough to surf the crave waves and to feel solid in your convictions and acceptance that AL can't be a part of your life anymore. And as far as that "friend" you're supposed to meet this weekend who is causing you so much anxiety? Don't even go there. She sure doesn't seem like much a friend to me. She seems like she just needs you around as a punching bag to make herself feel better.
                            Just my 2 cents.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

thu 1 dec af daily

Bear - please do not put yourself in this situation. Especially if you are already experiencing cravings and thinking about wine. Trust me when I say this - when I did cave the other day, I had been thinking about doing it for days. Stupid me, I did not mention it here, if I had maybe I wouldn't have had the hellish day I had on Monday and maybe I wouldn't be in danger of losing everything that I love.

Trust me - it does NOT get better. It only gets worse. AL will take everything from you. Don't give the beast that power. You have already reached out by posting here that you are worried about it. So just don't go. Use the cold, busy, whatever excuse you feel you need to but just don't put yourself in that situtation. If you do, you will drink. You know that deep down. Time to be honest with yourself here kiddo. And AL is not worth it. You've been doing so great. Remember how good you feel now and how crappy you will feel if you drink. Play the full tape. Not worth it. Take it from someone who has been there recently and knows.

xoxoxoxo - good luck honey.

Comment

Working...
                              X