Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first post

day 4

Four days back I had my slip. While going back home from work, dropped into a bar and had a couple of drinks. This is so unlike me, as I generally never drink before reaching home in the evening.

I also have a lurking suspicion that this might be a low blood sugar issue. I have this sudden craving for sugary stuff days after I drink. For the last three days, I have been craving to eat sweets in the evenings. Is this craving natural when quitting alcohol? If so how long does this affinity to sugar persist?

Any thoughts friends?

Of course I resolve not to drink today.

Comment

first post

day 5

Another day passes without incident. Yesterday was a routine day. In the evening, called over a friend for dinner where I had entertained thoughts of offering drinks, but as luck would have it, he could not come over. That was that - an uneventful evening.

Spent the evening playing with my son - a game we call cats & bulls - where each one thinks up a six letter word. The object is to discover what the opponent's word is, by guessing it in turns and getting feedback. I wonder what this game's called in the US/UK/Australia?

I once again query my friends here - I am having enormous sugar cravings in the evening. Is it a sort of withdrawal symptom when we are giving up alcohol.?

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

first post

Hi BHN,

Just now saw your post.

The answer to your question is YES
        Craving sugar when we give up AL happens all the time as the two are very similar (chemically).
        Eating regular meals & snacks - never allowing yourself to go hungry helps keep your blood sugars level. Have you read the MWO book?
        Lots of people have used L-Glutamine to help.

Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread where lots of people will see & respond to your posts. You can count on some good support there.
        CONGRATS on your 5 AF days

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X