sun 4 dec af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sun 4 dec af daily

hey all - friends all just left - was lovely to see all of them, both girls cutting down drinking/had problems with booze themselves. i am starting my second month af today and feeling much stronger - gonna stay in today and enjoy christmas decs and warmth and cats. so lovely to see really lovely old friends and bond.felt safe going to party last night as they were with me, no one in big party mood of those who were staying just nice to chat

I am doing some washing at moment gonna do washing up mountain and maybe watch a film - may pop out to buy storage boxes and start boxing up room. sorting out stuff to car boot/e bay/give away.
    one day at a time

sun 4 dec af daily

had to finish message short - thanks so much to all of you for still having faith in me and general fabulousness. I really felt i couldn't get out of last night BUT I enjoyed it and also feel stronger for having gone through temptation. used SMART techniques of reminding myself just one is BS, i would feel crap today if i drank, back to day one again. No excuses - if i just genuninely liked taste of wine it wouldn't be a problem as i could just have one - reality is i can't just have one and there is a problem - hence why i am here/why i have tried to moderate zillions of times and why i am here now and it's a big deal that i haven't drank for a month - i guess a normal drinker doesn't notice.

It is what it is - old friend was saying that sometimes she loses control/behaves weirdly and blacks out while drinking - she plans to still drink minimally. I thought of the insanity of this while i was listeing to her - and realise that's how i often sound!!!
    i wasn't tempted to join her- i said it's an individual choice but for me it's harder to moderate than just not have one - booze is a brain altering chemical that alters my decision making power - but to be careful she doesn't BS herself on how much she is actually drinking.
    one day at a time

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

MORNING FABBIES!!

bear, that sounds like a good af-reinforcing experience for you! What is washing up mountain?

I don't know what happened during the night, but I woke up a different person this AM and not in a good way. MUST be the sugar I ate last night. I tend to ignore these signs just like I did AL signs. Addiction true to form I guess.

Off to the river. One thing's for sure!

Kas, lined even? That's impressive!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

bear73;1220367 wrote: booze is a brain altering chemical that alters my decision making power
        Yep. And itsn't it amazing how for so long we absolutely do not want to believe that??
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Good morning Abbers!

bear, good job last night ~ that's the way you do it

greenie, sugar affects me in a super negative way too, makes me sad
          I did a good job staying away from it yesterday & hope to do the same today.

Kaslo, sewing is fun, gratifying actually
          Your grandkids are lucky to have you!

I need to get myself going, lots to do!
          Have a great AF Sunday.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

i think it's amazing how long i didn't want to believe that!!!
            also friend i was worried about seeing was one i had the big booze chat with - funny talking to her was like holding up a mirror to myself in terms of seeing the denial.
            one day at a time

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

hello lovely lav again - we keep posting at exactly the same time - spooky!
              one day at a time

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Hello abbers!

Bear - congrats on your month AF.

Greenie - hope you feel better after the river.

Lav - I knew what a diaper cake was - and I don't even call them diapers.:H (Although I suspect I only know from being here).

Me & GF are popping into a party for a couple of hours later. It's an organisation she's been doing some work for and apparently there are lots of people in recovery so I doubt there'll be any booze! Hope there's food though, I'm starving.

Will post pic of parrot tree if I remember to take my camera to work next week. Refuse to buy a smartphone!

Hello to all to come, have a peaceful day everyone.
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Morning all!

Bear - good job! You made it to one month and are feeling positive. Just keep remembering that you dont' drink.

I had a good day yesterday, kept busy but did feel a bit sad as hubby and I went to a hockey game and it was a little wierd for me considering he is still not sure about what he is doing. So I came home feeling a little sad but I wrote in my journal and just got through it and went to bed with a book.

Today is a relaxing day. I need to finish the assignment I started yesterday and hand it in, and then just some laundry and football watching. Kind of looking forward to a lazy day since I have been keeping so busy lately!

I hope everyone has a fabby abby day!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Good morning FABulous ones!

It is just NASTY out today - ick. Pouring rain and blowing like Jack the bear! Bear, your name isn't Jack, is it? :H

I'm taking the day off today! So I am. Gonna go visit the kids and inspect their new apartment and then stop in to see #2 grand peanut (he's sort of on the way). Today's dinner is already cooked so I can stay out all afternoon if I like. This is what people call weekend, is it? I like it!

Bear, I'm glad your evening went so well and that you came away with new/stronger realizations. Well done.

Greenie and Lav... I ate FOUR apple pastry thingies yesterday. Gulp. But it doesn't really do anything to me. I think.?

Marshy - I don't even own a cell phone. No wait, I'm lying. My daughter gave me one and I put $20 on it which had to be used within a month. Which, of course, I did not. That was about 6 months ago We barely have cell reception here and there's something about having to be available 24/7 that just doesn't sit right with me. Plus, I detest people in stores, the doctor's office, or wherever subjecting all man kind to their conversations.

DG, glad you peeked in yesterday! I have not yet decided if I will use the AB over the holidays but there is a good chance I may. I'm not worried about the time between now and then... just those darn big dinners and whatnot.

Have a stupendous AF Sunday ladies and gents - one thing is for sure...
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

x-post Uni! I don't see how any day involving laundry can pass as a relaxing day! I hate laundry.
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Mornin All Off to church in a few. The title of today's sermon is "When God Dies." Should be interesting. For some reason, the return on my keyboard is not working so sorry for the run on sentences. Yep, I've let sugar into my life again too Greenie. Today is Day one. Uni, good for you for staying busy. I do believe that staying in action is so very important for addiction and depression. Taking my middle daughter out to get pants after church. Her jeans are 3 inches too short since she's grown so much. My younger daughter who just started competing in gymnastics qualified for the states yesterday which is pretty cool so early in the season. Taking 4:30 pm yoga class. I'm on the studio schedule to start assistant teaching this week. Tomorrow I have a meeting with a new client for a very big contract that could keep me busy for a long time. Wish me luck because business has been very sloowwww. Trying to stay in the present moment and not worry about $$ but bills are knocking at my door. Marshy, so cool that you are going to Vietnam. It's on my list!! Hello to the rest of you fabber abbers. Later!!!
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Good morning Fabananas.

Congrats Bear, one month !!!! Whoooo hooooo

Bear, what you wrote really made sense to me.

Thanks Sunni and Lav, I got the jacket as far is the zipper, that's for this morning. Then it's just hems and I'm done. I used to make most of my own clothes. But stopped when my kids were small. drinking in the evening sure takes up a lot of time otherwise spent on normal activity. It not economical any more. It's much cheaper to buy ready made. But there is something about it, it's very gratifying. I used to love to cook, bake bread, sew, etc. I come from a pioneer bc family. I remember as a child listening to stories about making soap, building log houses, panning for gold. How the great grandparents took two days to get from the interior of bc to vancouver by horse drawn stage. Who knows. Maybe we will go back to that some day. After we've royally screened up the climate and environment. Cheerful thot there. Meanwhile making a child's camo hoodie is kinda cool.

Hellos all round to everyone. Sunni are you on Vancouver island?

Kaslo
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Good morning Fabananas.

Congrats Bear, one month !!!! Whoooo hooooo

Bear, what you wrote really made sense to me.

Cross post M3. Sugar and i are not good friends. I like it, it does not like me. Greenie I enjoyed your description of the faltering men at the door. I get a similar reaction on industrial sites. Can get scary sometimes too.

Thanks Sunni and Lav, I got the jacket as far is the zipper, that's for this morning. Then it's just hems and I'm done. I used to make most of my own clothes. But stopped when my kids were small. drinking in the evening sure takes up a lot of time otherwise spent on normal activity. It not economical any more. It's much cheaper to buy ready made. But there is something about it, it's very gratifying. I used to love to cook, bake bread, sew, etc. I come from a pioneer bc family. I remember as a child listening to stories about making soap, building log houses, panning for gold. How the great grandparents took two days to get from the interior of bc to vancouver by horse drawn stage. Who knows. Maybe we will go back to that some day. After we've royally screened up the climate and environment. Cheerful thot there. Meanwhile making a child's camo hoodie is kinda cool.

Hellos all round to everyone. Sunni are you on Vancouver island?

Kaslo
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

sun 4 dec af daily

Big Congrats on 1 Month Bear!!
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X