The beast is alllllllliiiive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out to a sports bar/grill tonight. My wife keeps saying she doesnt want to drink in front of me. I keep re assuring her it is ok for her to drink even if I am not.

We were going to meet one of her old friends she hasnt seen in a little while. She got a shot of Jack Danny and went out to have a drink. I felt like a perv, cuz I picked up and just smelled it.......LOL and it smelled GREAT! I was considering wearing it on my nose for the rest of the night.

As much as I wanted to sneak one, I managed to drink NA beer/soda water....so alas, 200 some days into it.....the desire is still there.........Blast!
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Nelz: For me, the obsession (that's exactly what it is) is gone most of the time. However, every now & then, I get a hit of a craving for that nice warm feeling. I don't have trouble w/people drinking around me. We do keep booze in the house, but it's down in the basement out of daily viewing. I probably wouldn't have sniffed the drink, as that would have had too many associations for me.

I know of so many people who had YEARS of sobriety who went out & drank again. It's disturbing. So, I have a healthy respect for alcohol. I know that I am vulnerable at all times. I fight by keeping the memories of some of my worst drinking experience at the forefront of my mind. In particular, my last drunk was particularly disgusting. I think of that when I say:
    -"Gee, one couldn't hurt."
    -"Maybe I wasn't so bad."
    -"I can't give up drinking forever."

I don't have the ability to moderate. I can't drink safely ever.

Good luck. I'm glad you didn't succomb to the temptation.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Wow Nelz...YOU deserve that GOLD Star...I think you should wear it with pride. Well done on not succumbing to that first sip. It's all downhill from there. Thanks for sharing your success story, it is inspiring. 200 days is awesome!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Keep doing what you're doing Nelz!
        Like Mary, I remind myself of the last time I drank & fell on my ass
        I don't ever want to go there again ~ life is much better without AL!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I don't have a great big happy star (eventhough you deserve it!!) but :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: on not giving in to temptation. You must be very proud of yourself.

Your strength gives us strength.

Comment

Awesome Nelz!!!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good job Nelz! And very inspirational!

I agree with Mary, you always need to keep your guard up with AL. I also know of several people who stopped drinking for years and then had "just one" that led to years of struggle and regret. But I can completely relate - except for loving the smell of Jack Daniels part! Lol. I was always a wine drinker.

Comment

Working...
              X