Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

WAKEY WAKEY!!!!

It is like waking up in another part of the country today compared to yesterday. Yesterday I went to work in sandals. Froze my toes on the way home after the rain and gale force winds blew through!!

bear I just love the way you sound in your AFness! I 'd like to have a tast of your christmas ammunition drinks, they sound lovely. I had a bottle of sparkling cider for Thanksgiving dinner but I forgot about it. My sister had set a wine glass at my place for it and I thought someone made a mistake and I moved it. :H I guess that ritualistic aspect of drinking has disappeared for me.

Uni, I'm delighted that you feel so much better! Do you attribute your mood change to anything in particular (besides getting your license back ) that you might use as a tool in the future if needed?

Sunnybutt, big smoke? What's that, the city? We have a shopping mecca near me that is so big that they hired a consultant to try to remedy the traffic issue. Nothing could be done. So they just keep building more new stores. It's a total gridlock in December. Ugly, just ugly. It used to be a 2 lane road in the woods. Blondiegirl, why would anyone even need to go anywhere besides your lovely shop, eh??

P3, that was a lovely runner you made; I'm so impressed with your and kas's sewing extravaganzas! Haven't gotten to the dog bed yet. Hope work with your brother picks up.

I haven't gotten $ from the owner for last week yet. The credit card charges go into his account and he pays me back. I don't know whether to press for it or let him slide a bit given the fact that I want the shop to succeed and his paying the shop bills is part of that. I don't think the shop brings in enough money to pay the overhead quite yet. If he would openly communicate rather than evade me would be helpful. For example does holding back a week keep the phone or utility bill paid?

blondiegirl, those pjs reminded me of the scene in "Christmas Story". Poor kid.

LVT, I'm glad you got a bunch of stuff for yourself. John Rosemond had a good column Sunday about a 16 year old dodging sports team commitments in favor of her social life. He was all for it. Felt like travelling team sports were just too much for the teens and the families.

Hi G :h

Marshy, order some holiday money for me as well would you? The heater in the dashboard in the little car seems to be on the fritz. Just one more sign from the universe to get another car.

Sid, you can say "one thing's for sure...." every single day!!

Hey ho to everyone else and cindi - shout out if you are lurking around and happy birthday a couple weeks ago!

OK, outta the robe and into the shower~
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

greeneyes;1222379 wrote: WAKEY WAKEY!!!!
    I've been vertical for almost five hours :H

Working today Greenie? Funny, cider is an alcoholic drink here. Re the holiday money: there about 30,000 Vietnamese dong to the pound so we'll be multimillionaires for two weeks!

Papmom - nice handiwork! It always amazes me that people have the patience to do things like that. I think my attention span is getting worse with age (even though I'm only 29 of course ).

GF had all the money stolen from her bank account yesterday by (presumably) someone who had cloned her bank card and somehow knew her Pin number. I've no idea how that happens. Anyway, her bank immediately accepted it wasn't her spending the money and will put it back into her account in a couple of days so they must somehow know it was a fraudulent transaction. So I've given her some pocket money for the day :H

Work to do. Have a good day everyone!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Morning abbers!

Greeny - I attribute it to getting my butt out of bed and not hiding in my bedroom every day like I used to. Some days I have to force myself but it is helping. And I am getting really good sleeps and I am not worrying about how Mike feels about me anymore - I used to stress over if he was angry/etc and now I just let him deal with his shit and I will deal with mine.

Marshy - sorry about your GF's bank account. That happened to me once too - pain in the ass.

I hope Sunni has fun shopping in the big smoke! I hope everyone else has a great day too.

My appointment is at 11 to get the interlock thingy installed. After that I have wheels. Just in time for the snow that is supposed to come tomorrow - blah.

I'll check in later - have a good one! Det - loved the chipmunks pakistani music! LOL

Ciao bellas
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Mornin Abbers!

How'd ya do yesterday at the mall Sunni? Hope it wasn't too crazy?!

Greenie, we do get lots of Christmas biz at the store I work at. It's our busiest season in fact and Christmas Eve is the best sales day of the year. And since it falls on a Saturday this year, it's gonna be nuts for sure! I guess we are lucky that we do not live in a mall community because folks tend to stay up on the Cape and not drive to the mall 30 minutes away...unless they really need stuff they can only get there.

Hi to Marshy and Uni-Sounds like you guys are up and at em. Me too! Gotta get dressed and get some stuff done around here as I go back to start my work week tomorrow.

Have a good day those yet to check in! Happy to report no snow here yet as they forecasted. On the contrary, it's bright and beautiful. BUT very windy and it has gotten much colder. How about you Lav and Pap...did you guys get any of the white stuff last night?

Later gators!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

thanks everyone!! I seem to have MORE patience Marshy since I stopped drinking as well as getting older seems to help me get my priorities straight. I try not to sweat the little stuff anymore and I really don't give a flying f*&^K what anyone thinks of me anymore so there's a load off! :H

Blondie-no real snow-some ice and LOTS of wind! My wreath blew off the paphut, everything I thought was battoned down on the deck blew all over the place and a good amount of water blew in under the mudroom door which has NEVER happened before! Very cold here AND there was a crazy T-storm very early this morning-house shook, DD growled. Not a great nite for sleeping!

Off to grooming in a few.

AFM-come out come out whereever you are! I need your snail mail addy!! I PM you last nite so please check it out.
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Goooooood Mooorning Vietnam!!!

No wait.. that ain't right. My bad. Goooooood Moooorning Fabbies!

I made it back in one piece last night but it turned into a 13 hour day. Gulp. I had a quick read back after my return but was too pooped to reply. I was like :shocked: THIRTY hours to the closest mall... then I read the correction :H Oh.. and Greenie, yeah, the 'big smoke' is the city and it's a 2 hour drive.

Getting that couch into the elevator and then into Missy's apartment was quite the undertaking. Man, that's a pretty big couch. And all of the cushions are sewn on, which I find very practical with little kids and animals 'n whatnot but it didn't make the job easier.

When I finally got out of Walmart it had started snowing. Lovely. The day before I discovered that my right windshield wiper had crapped out - so I really wasn't pleased about driving home with just one. But I made it and I'm happy to report: My Christmas shopping is DONE! Indeed. Good thing, too 'cause I'm beyond broke now

Well, I better get my behind in gear and get going here... hope you'll all have a great day! One thing is for sure...
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Good morning Abbers!

Goodness, everyone is so busy here
              Greenie, sorry about the evasive guy at work........know all about evasiveness.
              I have found these less communicative types respond better to a written note (that way you bypass their hearing dysfunction).

Marshy, GF is lucky to have you on her side! I fear being ripped off like that, so common in this day & age.

uni, keep the good feelings going

Blondie, papmom - that was a lot of rain last night! No snow here, I am grateful.
              papmom, do you need something put on the bottom of your door to prevent those leaks?

Sunni, sounds like yuo had a big adventure yesterday!
              I have given up trying to lift & move furniture - this granny is saving her back :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
              I need to get workin!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Hi everyone. Sorry, on the fly. Two big final reports at once and no time for xdecs or shopping. Or chatting. Or Xmas baking. Or boxing, nixing or blitzing or nutsing. Special hellos to marshy, Uni, Sunni, Lav, LVT,
                Dg, Det, AFM, blond, p3, m3 ijm,
                If anyone's forgotten me
                I could be underneath the tree
                But it's more likely that I'd be
                In the office drinking tea
                And writing things about bc

Kas, one thing is for sure
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Hey Kaslo been missing you in chat! Not much going on in the big smoke..have to go about a dental problem I have been having. yuck but I will be able to go to the recreation centre with my daughter after wards. How fun. Marshy that is awful about your GF. Scary that identity theft.

Happy to say one thing for sure...Sid
                  ps I think I am getting the hang of this. Although I don't know how some of you remember how to respond to all of us here. My memory isnt that good.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

sidney;1222528 wrote: My memory isnt that good.
                    Most of us have memory's like a steel trap. Since we're only 29. However, I will confess to opening the thread in different browser page to flip back and forth.
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

cloned the bank card? What the hell does that mean? Does it mean other stuff like credit cards are at risk? And does the bank just eat that? Or do they have private eyes to find out who did it? Inquiring nervous minds......
                      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

hey all - brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

greenie queenie - nice to see your festive footwear!
                        I am really enjoying my afness at the moment - last week was very resentful - this week i feel calmer and clearer.

Marshy that is pants - happened to me a few years ago - bank was very good though.

it's cold and windy here and i am in onesie on sofa - no exercise for me today. I am feeling coldlike and also tired - doing a lot of emotional support of colleagues at the moment and it is really tiring.

Tomorrow work conference - dull but at least it's not a day in the office and finishes early. I am on countdown to christmas now - this year i want to be posting here on xmas day sober - not happened yet!ooh - just got a ' i fancy cava on xmas day ' thought then - tough s**t! not gonna happen!
                        one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Look out boys and girls - I AM DRIVING!!!! After 9 months liscence suspension it is nice to have wheels again. Although it feels wierd. The ignition interlock is wireless though and really easy to use so for that I am grateful.

I just don't know what I am going to do with myself now that I can go anywhere, anytime!
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Somebody taser me please. Cant stop eating xmas cookies. Eeeeek!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Sidney, you are doing FANTASTIC...

Kas
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X