AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Determinator;1222576 wrote: Somebody taser me please. Cant stop eating xmas cookies. Eeeeek!
    Can I get in line?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Consider yourselves all tazered!!!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

thank you Uni!

well, hauled into yet another hotel room. this one is pretty darn spartan. there is literally no desk or anything to put computer on, so it's on the bed. oh well, such is life on the road.

I found an unsuspecting fire department to give my cookies to thankfully.

had a few drinking thoughts at the restaurant last night but recognized it as hungry/lonely/tired. got some chow and felt right as rain.

will catch up here shortly, be well everyone
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

hi guys,

Det, glad you recognized those thoughts for what they were and did not give into the temptation.

I went to my old AA homegroup tonight - I hadn't been in over 6 months. People were actually crying they were so happy to see me. I felt so loved and accepted. It's a speaker meeting which means that every week someone gets up to tell their story - I like it because that way I don't have to share my thoughts etc. unless I want to afterwards but I get to hear some other alchies stories and usually find something very relatable in them.

anyway - that was what I decided to do with my car tonight - drive to a meeting. Sounded good to me!

Off to bed with a book now - nighty night abberoos - love you all, see u in the am!
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Greenie - you let the secret of our fabulous memories out of the bag :H

Sid, don't worry, I can't remember what I did or ate yesterday
            Just jot a few notes as you read

Congrats on getting your wheels back uni. Glad you enjoyed your meeting.

Det, I am about to start baking cookies any day
            Once I start there's no stopping me!

Greetings, Kaslo, Sunni, bear, papmom & everyone!
            Lav is tired tonight but she worked like crazy today so that's OK.

Good night all!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Jot notes why didn't I think of that? Then it won't be like I am always talking about myself.
              And maybe I can keep everyone straight. Thanks Lav.

And thanks to Kaslo for the encouragement. I had such a nice evening. Went to the gym with my daughter. She can go with me for some of the time she is home from school.
              Of course she wants to go to the Fusion yoga class they have. What the heck is that?
              Because it is a recreation centre it has normal looking people working out. Not intimidating. I must admit exercise seems to help with my mood. I feel comitted to it now.

Christmas cookies are looming but I haven't made a one. Yet. Take care.
              Sid.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Uni, I agree what a wonderful use of your wheels! so glad to hear that.

Lav, you evil, yet lovable cookie-monster you!

well crap, I had even worse cravings at the restaurant tonight. WTF? these long days driving in far away places somehow just takes it's toll on me. sat down and bamo....hard cravings and heard the voice trying to bargain for what I thought i could 'get away with'. it really scared me. sent my dear wife a text and she immediately called me. what a doll she is she reminded me of the wonderful things I have to look forward to this weekend and how those would evaporate if I took a wrong turn. that little connection with home was a blessing and I happily spent the evening AF. still lonely and my back still hurts, but I'm AF dammit. yay!

love and garlic to you all
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

good recovery det - keep on going - i now tell the 'just one' voice there is no such thing.
                  one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Aloha All. Just checking in. Wish I could send you some tropical sunshine to warm you up. I had a little more free time this week so hubby and I are getting in coastal bike rides. Beautiful afternoons. I had neighbors over for dinner last night. Actually former neighbors. They've moved to the mainland, house on the market for two years, and they're here for a week taking care of business. They brought beer and wine. I was happy to serve them and had them take the remaining beers home. They told me to keep the bottle of wine and "re--gift" it or have it for guests. I felt so good not drinking, and noticed how slowly they drank their beers. Now this bottle of wine kind of scares me. I put it in the fridge to hide it from me. I'm feeling strong right now, but I know that a crises, whatever it may be, could send me over the edge. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to give it away.
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Hula-they'll never know you didn't regift it. Throw it out.

Det-nice save buddy! give dear DX a hug from all of us and safe travels home!

Did y'all hear about the hurricane in Scotland? Wow!! Saw a video-winds were wicked but the sun was out!!

Over to today's thread.
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Hula I have wine around my house as my husband and daughter have it sometimes. I do look at it once in awhile with the desire for a drink. If I could dump it I would. So get rid of it.
                        Or give it away today to a a neighbour or friend. And good for you for not drinking during the dinner.
                        Sid

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thurs 12/8

Det thank God for Dex...your angel. You need to get that back of yours fixed up. I am sure it is wearing you down. Sid

Comment

Working...
                          X