sun 11 dec af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sun 11 dec af daily

millions of people will get into their cars today and drive to the pub causing an enormously greater net amount of pollution than the tiny fragment of the population that is out there surfing, skiing, and bike riding. at any rate I wasn't endorsing any of the content, I was analyzing the quality and functionality of the camera. if it's offensive I'll delete it.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

No, dont delete it, its fun to watch. Dont take it personally, im just making conversation.

I guess I come at this from a different place where I live in an area that is a playground destination for outdoor experience, for people from all over the world, and the amount of damage done to the backcountry and wildlife isnt insubstantial. Every year we lose at least one to five people just from snow related accidents alone. Its great that people get out there and experience it, its just that there seems to be this newer attitude I have noticed in my lifetime that the bush is something we need to sometimes trash in order to conquer it, instead of just venerating it. Like its a physical challenge that has to do with personal self esteem, more than the beauty of nature, making a mark on it, as apposed to admiring it in its splendor.

This isnt about people doing more harm by getting in vehicles and going to the pub either. Two wrongs dont make a right. I guess I just see a lot of damage to otherwise relatively pristine parts of the globe from "thrill seeking action packed video shooting people". I have seen the appaullingly squalid crap holes and garbage, rotten stuff celophane, plastic junk they leave behind, and it browns me off some times.

People come here to the Columbia and Bugaboo and Monashee Mountains the Kokanee etc to shoot this stuff, and Ive seen it first hand.

And I have also say for every 20 people that make a mess, there are 150 that come, drink it in, take beautiful photographs and leave not so much as a thread or a crumb or a square of toilet paper behind.

Kaslo
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

we very much agree. I hate litterbugs and sadly they are a persistent bunch. if I witness littering I WILL make a stink about it and loudly confront people if I catch them in the act. as a sports shooting enthusiast I'm disgusted that people will drag household appliances such as washing machines out into an informal shooting area....shoot the heck out of it and leave it there as though it's the rubbish dump. where possible I clean up such areas but I'll be needing a dump truck in some cases. d-oh!

say, speaking of beautiful things, what lens and setting did you take that lovely photo with?
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

Hey Det, thanks. That was shot with a Canon 5D II; and the lens is a Canon 24-105 L. My best combination, shot from an inflatable kayak on an early November day at Little Upper Slocan Lake. Try a google earth image search of Little Upper Slocan.... or is it Upper Little Slocan. ??

Its not just the litter, thats bad enough. Its the physical scarring done to soils and vegetation by people on machines that gets me. Ive done some studies on it, mostly to do with ATVs and motocross riders in back country areas. For example, a batch of bored men completely destroying for all time a few ecological reserves that were protected for thier rare plants, cutting the fences and ignoring the signs just to do that, but also just tearing the h e double hockey sticks out of ordinary country side.

My second or is it third? rant for the day.

From the Kasotholopolis.
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

Hello friends,

I am going to try something a little different here. Instead of trying and failing at mentioning as many posts as possible, I'm going to try to pick one and comment.

Greenie--I particularly liked your post and emotion about feeling special. That is kind of my intent behind the bath salt idea. No, we don't need a gift to make us feel special, but it doesn't hurt, right? I truly believe everyone deserves to feel special. Especially on birthdays. And it is hard to feel we are special on our own. We do need to learn to take the time to let people know they are special to us. Thank you for the reminder. By the way, I think everyone that posts here on the daily abs thread is special!:h

4theboyz--great to see you back here. Keep posting, k?

Oh, what an exciting weekend of basketball! My son played quite a bit Friday night, we beat our rival quite badly and it was fun to watch. Last night they played a really good team and it was a hard fought battle that the boys came out on top of. It is so fun watching this team pour their hearts and souls into these games because they want it. I know it is just a sport, but to see this generation work hard for something shows pride in their school, families coaches and community. After the game the boys came out here to hang out and didn't leave until 1 am. I am tired, but going to get some Christmas decorations up no matter what!

Have a great sober day all!:h:l
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

Good for you LVT got the tree up...now who is going to decorate..the momma that's who!

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

Awww... thanks for the "special" words! I wasn't meaning me... I meant we should tell everyone how special they are to us. I read something along the lines of... it's not what you said or did that people remember so much but how you made them feel. You are all very special to me and I hope I show that somehow. :l

4theboyz, it's great to see you here!

Det, that was some impressive video work but I have to say, the audio didn't do a thing for me - from an appreciation not technical standpoint. :H

Kas, are those evergreen trees yellow? I had no idea they did that!

Sunnybutt how nice you put sophie's picture in the barn. Very sweet.

LVT, Even though it was 1 AM, I know you wee glad for them to be safe in your house!! I really like the "just because" name idea.

Hey sid, Lav, Marshy how'd the party go? and uni I hope you are feeling better, and blondie that your furnace thing is minor!

DG get yer busy arse on here and say hello!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

Hi Gang!

Kaslo, you mentioned my new stove...it's awesome and I enjoy it every day. Much more even keeled cooking it seems. The ceramic cooktop needs a special non abrasive cleanser and scrubbie but other than that, it's super. Now on to the furnace repair. Geez, this year has been one household improvement after the other. We just had our bathroom renovated this last summer and that was a few thousand dollars. Then the stove and now a big furnace maintenance. Hopefully this will be it for a while!

Awwww, LV, you are special too! And I haven't mentioned this yet but I am a bath product hound so I would love your bath salts!!! My favorite scent is pure lavender essential oil for bath products. So calming and it helps you sleep too. My business that I used to own a few years ago was mostly bath and spa products. It was called "Bubbles". Cute name eh? I think "Just Because" is a lovely idea. Bath salts are wonderful because they are detoxifying and skin softening at the same time and some folks can't tolerate soaps or bubble bath but bath salts appeal to everyone. I love just having a big jar in the bathroom on display, very pretty in a clear glass jar. I sold a lot of homemade bath products at the store and even had a bath salt "bar" where kids could come and make their own custom blended bath salts. They loved it and used to come in and made them for gifts, etc. And there is good mark up on that stuff so it worked well for me too! Anyway, if you ever want to bounce ideas off me, I would love to hear them. I am quite the bath diva with my partner Bear over there who also likes her tubby and facial masks!

Well, the next day's thread will be starting very soon so I guess I'm the closer of today's thread. It's been a good day. It's been a sober day. It's been a damn good sober day!

Love and peace to all. I'm off to the land of nod where I hope to sleep soundly after a hard working weekend!
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

Thanks Blonde! I may just take you up on that. I have spent quite a bit of time on here looking at all the bath salts on Etsy. I would imagine presentation is a pretty big deal when trying to sell stuff. Right now I'm wondering where I might find labels for my printer that are stamped--you know like a tag.
                    When I ordered my oils, I decided to keep in simple for now. I have peppermint for sore muscles and energy, lavendar, and eucalyptus. I will PM you with any questions and all the advice you can give me would be appreciated! I love the idea of a bath salt bar--how fun! Right now I'm going to use my friends as guinea pigs and we'll go from there!

It looks like hubby and I are going to spend the day shopping tomorrow. Could be fun and probably good for us. We don't do much of anything together anymore, and we used to go on these kinds of outings quite regular. We are going out of town to Sams Club and Hobby Lobby!

I got a few Christmas decorations up. I told hubby, he and the boys can do the big tree. I;m going to focus on my 6 nativities and 3 aluminum trees!:H

Good night all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

sun 11 dec af daily

LV, all I can say is that your friends who are going to be the guinea pigs...lucky friends! Yes, I agree presentation is key and I'm sure you will do it beautifully. Even if you don't take it to Etsy, they make wonderful gifts and I'm sure everyone will really appreciate the work that goes into them. You have some great starter oils there. I am a big fan of peppermint too...very uplifting!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Working...
                      X