X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dazzling and Diligent December - week 2

Good morning December friends!

Woke to a light coating of snow

Star, I not even a huge fan of ham but it's part of the holiday tradition around here. When I saw that link for a corned ham stuffed with kale, cabbage, spinach, onions, celery, red peppers ~ I knew one was in my future :H I was also kind of shocked that YB immediately offered to go along & actually be pleasant so I think maybe the universe sent me that little gift

cyn, that traffic tie up on 95 is going to be right in your way
    They are doing work on Tydings Bridge which takes 95 over the Susquehanna river. Look out!!!
    Hope you have a great trip & enjoy your time with your friends.

I have work piling up which I will get to at some point but I need to get into the car & head back to the homeland today to visit some gravesites.

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh Lav, I can't believe you drove down there and got one! Was it spicy? I can't wait to try it. What size did you get? Mine is going to be 10-13 pounds.

I've got another major headache today. At least I don't have to work until Tuesday. Now I've got to figure out what side dishes to make with my ham and turducken and go grocery shopping at some point. I hate shopping!

Comment

Good Morning Friends!!!

Chill--WOW...your experience set goose bumps up and down my arms. Isn't amazing the people that come into our lives at particular moments (we need them most). How powerful!

Lav--I can't believe you drove to get a ham either!! I got online and watched the video they had on how they made them...gosh, by the time it was over my stomach WAS GROWLING!!! If I lived closer I probably would have jumped in the car too!!:H I wish they had their prices listed (and sizes) and I also wondered how fast it would take to get here. I'm not sure either one of my sisters are big fans of ham though....one for sure isn't..I can't remember about the other.

Star--I got woke early too...does kinds tork a person off a bit...my son fell asleep in my bed last night watching a movie...so I let him just sleep there...he ended up sideways this morning so I got a foot to the ribs this morning to wake me up!! Oh well...probably should have been up anyway...I REALLY shuould have gone to church today..I have been so horrible about going lately and I don't know why...I love going!!! I just LOVE sleeping in and staying all snuggly warm in bed especially when I know its so darn cold out!!! Being Catholic though, my mom lets me know each week I wasn't there...and like Rusty's mom...when you were younger you used to go to church ever Sunday!! :H

Blondie---Oh, oh ,oh!!!! I was shopping yesterday at this cute little store about 20 miles form my town...it so amazing!!! These gals turned this old bank into a BEAUTIFUL store you can buy anything to decorate your home and it was decorate so amazing for Christmas....anyway you go up this wooden stairwell to the upstair and in one of the rooms they have all these super cute purses and hats and a few shoes...and then you continue on to some of the other rooms and I enter into the farthest one in the back and there was this christmas tree all decorated in seashells, starfish, glass fish, coral, blue jewels, gold sprays, etc....it was so beautiful....ohh and mermaids!!!!! I just stood there and thought of you...so I took out my cell phone and took a picture of it!!! I AM going to figure out how to download pictures from my cell phone....and then get them onto here so you can see it...gosh I hope it turned out!!! I spent almost two hours in that store!!!!

Fly--Sorry you aren't feeling well...maybe a restful Sunday is what you need....warm blankets, laying on the couch...doing nothing else!! Sounds like my kind of Sunday!! Hope your headache goes away!!

CYn---SO JEALOUS!! I trip to NY to see a performance...how awesome!!! I would absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to see NY this time of year!!! Well...certain parts of it anyway!! Enjoy your evening...and drive safe!!

Sped--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so glad I have gotten to be a part of your journey---6 MONTHS is AMAZING!!!!! You've been through a lot these past few months and come out with your head held high...YOU inspire me EVERY DAY to keep going and to be strong when I don't think I can! Thank you for being my "18th" partner!!!:l See you next month for #7!!!

Alright...I've gotta go find some tissue and wake up my son (or he'll never sleep tonight)!! I'll be back later to get the rest of you....Rusty and I KNOW how Green Bay is going to do today...but all you Patriot Fans....are you gonna get Ti-bowed today??? He's on a roll isn't he.....just askin??!!:H
        Love you guys!!
        SD
        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
        7/29/12

Comment

Hello all you wonderful people

SD - did I hear 6 months! Wow CONGRATULATIONS to you and Speed,
          that is absolutely wonderful :yougo: :yougo: :yougo:

Lav - hope your graveside visits bring comfort not sadness :l are you going alone?

Cyn - enjoy your travels but I suspect you will equally enjoy coming home again.
          Thank you for the reminder of the solstice, it will be good to get the shortest day over with.

Star - sorry about the hot flashes.
          I do think seeking and searching is definitely part of our humaness. And yes we do get things blown out of proportion at times but I don't think we should feel guilty about that, it too is part of the being human. We set ourselves such high standards theses days and when you really look around we are all just doing our very best and deserve more pats on the back for that.

I had a good day, it was bitterly cold and I reluctantly dragged myself to my crazy Sunday spin class but boy was I glad as I loved it as always. Spinning furiously out of breath I though of Maggie and felt so grateful for my healthy body. To add to that story, I befriended her on Facebook and we have been messaging each other. She also posted on the organizer of the Positively Alive's page saying she had been waiting all her life to for that meeting yesterday, boy she is just incredible!

Im lying on the sofa watching a really bad corny Christmas movie in my pink pjs and eating chocolate
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

SD--Congratulations on 6 months! :goodjob: The ham costs $10 a pound if I remember correctly. He is sending it to me via FedEx and he said that would cost $15. He told me that they had a small sized ham available that I think was 5-8 pounds. The one that I ordered is 10-13 pounds. I didn't ask if he had any larger ones.

Comment

Chill-awesome story about Maggie! Looking forward to "meeting" her on FB!

CONGRATS TO SD AND SPED ON 6 MONTHS OF AFness!! :goodjob: Keep up the great work!!

Fly and Lav-good luck on the hams! Lav-I am speechless over your road trip with YB!! wow!

Cyn-safe travels. Hope little girl dog gets over her anxiety soon. Will you be staying put for a while after the holidays so she finally has a chance to adjust? you guys have been on the go since you moved in it seems!

Star-my moods about the holidays change by the minute I think. I'll be happy and singing carols and loving the lights on the houses one minute, the next I can be in tears about how I can't do what I want for my family when they are so generous to me or how I am alone yet another year. Then I'll get home and snuggle up with my boyz and all is OK again. What a rollercoaster this time of year!! Hope your hot flashes go away soon!

SD-great find on that store!! Can you download the pics from your phone onto your PC? If so, you can sign up for photobucket, upload the pic to there and then they give you a code for the pic that you can copy and paste onto a post. Let me know if you need any help with it.

got my cleaning done yesterday, hoarder friend brought the 2 fosters over. She wasn't one minute out of the car when she accidently let go of one of the slip leads and Ms. Lilly was off and running-in a strange neighborhood on a street that isn't very busy but when the cars do come they come fast. I grabbed Ms Lacey not caring if she bit me and ran onto my deck where she would be safe and sat and prayed harder than I ever prayed in my life that Ms. Lilly would come back to my friend. My prayers were answered. I wanted to throttle my friend for not putting harnesses on them instead of slip leads-wouldn't have prevented the dropping of the lead but at least the dog would have been still attached and she might have been able to step on the lead. Oiy. They are very sweet but skittish girls and were indifferent to my boys and the cats. Poor LM thought he had 2 new playmates to do zoomies with but no dice.
              After the mini play date I went to my nephew's hockey game. this is his last year as he's a senior. He's also the captain. They won after a rocky start. Next game on Monday nite. Hoping to get to all the home games. There are no more local hockey players in my family after JJ. Little Nate lives too far away to be a hockey aunt like I was with the older 2.
              Nursing home was good today. I'm in a rhythm now on Sundays and I'm finally getting to know the long timers. I love how some of the 90 somethings remember everthing and are so with it! Please let that be my dad, me and my whole family!!
              Food shopping after work and at 7:30 I could easily turn in for the night!! I'll read the paper first and maybe do some work for my bro.
              Still didn't get the *&^ lights up!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Yikes!
                eBay is keeping me busy this holiday season :H
                Not complaining, just trying to keep up.

The ham was absolutely DELICIOUS! Just tasting the samples was worth the trip!!!!
                The red peppers they use in the stuffing gives it a little 'kick' but it's not overly spicey or I wouldn't eat it (and stay up all night with hot flashes ) I bought one just under 10 lbs. - enough for my group I think. I will definitely have one shipped next year & avoid that friggin traffic on I 95 - sucks!
                I asked & they are open for major holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas, new Years & Easter

:wd::yay: CONGRATS
                to the 6 month AF grls Shelley & SD!
                i am very happy for both of you

I'm heading out tomorrow to Longwood Gardens with my daughter, DIL & all 3 grandkids for my birthday. No work for me tomorrow!!!

Wishing everyone a good night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey everyone,
                  Thanks for the congrats. Got lots of support and love at my AA home group this afternoon.
                  I am feeling a little anxious about the coming week. Dentist, homeless shelter, therapy, AA stuff, sons arriving with partners in tow on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. I did buy a beautiful tree. Guess I'll get around to decorating it. Shopping?? Xmas cookies?? Overwhelming. Deep breath, lower those ridiculous expectations and relax.
                  Now I think I feel better.
                  Chill, loved your Maggie/angel story.
                  Lav, even this vegetarian might try a little of that ham. Someday I hope to see Longwood Gardens.
                  SD, we did it!
                  Cyn, safe travels.
                  Snow predicted for tonight, fingers crossed.
                  Happy Sunday night to all.

Comment

Working...
                  X