Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dazzling and Diligent December - Week 3

Welcome to Christmas Week 3 everyone!

Lav - like Speed, I don't eat red meat but could be tempted with a slice of that ham, the stuffing sounds amazing! Enjoy your day with your daughter.

Speed - I remember the excitement of getting my 6 monthly coin at AA, it's like being a kid at prize giving! It's so great that they make you feel so special. I feel sad I can't go to my group in 2 weeks to get my 2nd annual one. I have with pride all my coins, each meant so much at the time even the "one day" one.

Papmom - I get what your saying about being up and down, I'm beginning to accept that is just part of life no matter who we are or what we are doing. I too feel sorry for myself for being alone but I know I could be waking up on Chrismas morning in a house full of people and feel just as alone. I will be waking up to Elle, who I love more than anyone else, I will put on the Christmas music and come back to bed with my coffee. I will then answer emails from friends around the world, check in with you guys and send and receive text messages and phone calls from family and friends and I will think of you too in your time zone waking up so tell me what you will be doing...... now that's not being alone :l

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday! Shout out for Blondie, Rusty,Dewdrop and wouldn't it be lovely if Dill dropped by....... I though of her as I types the word Diligence.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Good morning everyone

Thanks for starting us off Chill.

:goodjob: SD and Sped on your 6 months.

Happy Birthday, dear Lav. Wish I was more computer literate and could send you lots of balloons etc. Hope you have a lovely day.

Big hello to everyone else. Busy, busy here at the moment. Have the carpet cleaner here and have a million other things to get done.

Cant believe it is week 3 already. Where has this year gone?

Have a great week one and all.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning to all on this week three...

Chill, I also feel alone, even in a house filled with people and animals....but it is just my perception of feeling connected and on the same wavelength as others. I agree that we need to be positive about our journey and give ourselves pats on the back for seeking and searching. Last night I was laying on the couch in my pajamas eating chocolate, too! I am working on getting through this week with joy and indulging myself (no alcohol) with some holiday fare. I'll get back on track next week.

Pap, perfect description of the up and down moods, me too. It is kind of exhausting. You do so much and are involved with so many people at work, in your dog work, and with family. (You sound like a fabulous aunt) but it is understandable that you would like to be in a relationship.....but boy oh boy, there is alot of stuff to put up with. On both sides. I was thinking of my day yesterday, hubby and I were horrible to each other in the morning and by afternoon were laughing and having a great time. What the heck.

Congrats Sd and Sped on 6 months AF. Tell us how life has changed for the better if you have time. I love to hear the positives.

Lav, your patience is paying off with YB, it appears he is coming around. I am not really fond of ham but I like food, all food, as evidenced by the 20 extra pounds I am carrying.

Hello to flyaround, nice to have you on our thread. You sound busy with Christmas preparations, too.

Rustop, get those carpets cleaned! There are just so many things to do.

To all, have a lovely Monday.
      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good Monday morning December friends!

Cold but sunny here today on the 29th anniversary of my 29th birthday :H :H
        I can't complain though because I still feel lucky to be alive after my head bashing incident 11 years ago. Today also happens to be my 31 month smoke free anni & tomorrow is my 1,000 day AF anni so I feel super blessed today & grateful for all my special friends here :l

Wishing everyone love, happiness & AFness today!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Feels like ages since I posted. I had a lovely time in Paris although it was quite hectic as so much was scheduled into the two days. Colleagues were a mixed bag to be honest a few were fine on a couple of drinks but most were knocking them back ?on the company? like there was no tomorrow. I stayed around two friends who are pregnant and a Muslim colleague who seldom drinks but I think I felt a bit like the Odd Group of the party, probably for the first time since I stopped drinking which felt a bit strange. It doesn?t affect my day to day life and all of my family and friends are fine but these situations can still make me feel awkward, guess I need to find a way around this because I don?t want to avoid them either. Just so bored and irritated by the drunks, can?t quite see the point in it and have very little patience.

I managed to buy some lovely and unusual presents for Christmas though and did some sightseeing between sessions; it was cold but very Christmassy and I do love Paris. Arrived home late Friday evening and spent Saturday washing, clearing up and looking after two grandkids while their Mum and Dad went Xmas shopping for the last bits and bobs. Saturday evening was out with 4 girlfriends I went to university with years ago and we have always kept in touch. We had a lovely evening out, some dinner and lots of crack/craic ? great conversation, we usually meet up every 3 months so I am hosting the next one and planning a spring theme (any ideas ladies there are 8 of us in the group and it would be good to get them all together again?).

Sunday was a family day; one of the granddaughters was Mary in the Sunday School Nativity Play she will be 3 in January, at one point her headscarf had slipped down one side of her head and she couldn?t see properly and was squinting/winking at ?Joseph?. There was a great deal of laughter, and the kids were just great, the church is lovely, small but very beautiful and has great atmosphere with amazing stained glass windows. Afterwards Santa arrived at the church hall with parcels and the kids were so excited and in awe of Santa it really was magical seeing it through their eyes.

We then went for a late lunch to a local seafood restaurant as it?s my second sons 30th birthday so there were 15 of us there including 5 kid and friends. Lovely food and great conversation between the generations, my parents are in their 80?s now, my lot are in their 50?s, my sons are in their 30?s with partners in their late 20?s and grandkids of 6, 3 and 2 ? . It was a fabulous meal and everyone had such a good time together, we really should make the effort to get together and do it more often. I miss my family in the day to day grind.

I still have my grandsons school nativity play to go to (he?s one of the kings) on Tuesday and the school carol service on Thursday (his parents can?t be there as they are working), jeeezz so many of my holidays are taken up with these dates now, still I hate missing them and I know the parents struggle to get time off so we all try and help out with the dates. I?m sure you all know what it?s like at this time of year. I?ve still got to find out a pantomime to go to over the holidays for the kids must do that tomorrow.

Hope you are all well,

Dewdrop :h
          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Lav - you little minx! You never told us it was your birthday! I hope you are suitably spoiling yourself and eating lots of cake.
            Any sign of YB? What did you get up to with your daughter?
            Lots of things there to celebrate ESPECIALLY being 1000 days AF tomorrow! That is friggin awesome!! :yougo: :yougo: :yougo:

Star - I love hearing that you were also lying on the sofa in your pjs eating chocolate on the other side of the Atlantic! It makes us all interconnected and that's good

Rustop - carpet cleaners! You really are giving the place a proper Christmas clean.....

I got an email the other day from Hayhouse regarding the London "I can do it" conference in Sept 2012. I went in 2010 as Wayne was there but he didn't attent in 2011 so I didn't go. Thankfully he DID still come last year on a separate trip and i saw him in June. He is always saying hes going to travel less and i dont blame him. Anyway, the schedule has been announced and in 2012 he will be there! I was delighted and already planned to book my place in Jan when I got paid.

Then today came another email saying that they've added another weekend, the one before London, and are bringing the "I can do it" conference to Glasgow Scotland for the very 1st time!!!! It took me about an hour to calm down. My Wayne, coming to MY home town! It's just unbelievable! I kept reading it again incase I was mistaken. Anyway now I've settled down and of course I realize that I don't even want to be here next September :upset: because I've attended two previous conferences they are offering me a big discount if I sign up before end Dec. what the hell do I do?! I supose even if I'm not here, I can travel back but then do I book London instead, dilemmas dilemmas.......

However I'm still blown away that it's coming to Glasgow and very very happy!
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Lav I am so happy for all your anniversaries - you are just amazing and you should be so very, very proud of yourself.

Love you to bits,

Dewdrop :h
              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Just poppin' in quick...my family is all over at my parents (we're having supper over there...I needed to come let my dog out quick b4 we ate)....anywho....

Lav--:bday1: Happy Birthday!!! I hope you are enjoying your day!!! Also, a HUGE congratulations on all your amazing accomplishments coming up this week!!! :goodjob:

Chill--Awesome news about Wayne...damn the catch!!!

Pap3=I'll try to get that photo downloaded when I have more time...with my family here it's like I feel I'm obligated to be over at my mom's 24/7 if I'm not at work...UGH!!!! I'll let you know if I can' get it to work...thanks!!

Star--I really wish I had more to tell you on those positives since I've stopped drinking....sorry. I know I have some...like I've lost weight, I don't have the guilt in the mornings or feel like I'm a horrible mother (from drinking anyway..lol)...It's weird though...when I drank it seems like I got more done...I cleaned when I drank...my house is always so messy now!!!:H In all honesty though that is true...

Something else that I've noticed is that no one, not one person in my family ever talks about, mentions or even asks me about my drinking, or how its going or how long it's been now....nothing?? All my sibling are home now and the more frequent drinking has begun. This weekend is was pretty much nonstop...mimosa in the morning, beer in the afternoon or a gin and tonic and wine at night...my sisters sent the kids home to my moms with me from the park so they and their hubbies could go to my other sisters for drinks and watch the football game. The previous night they were all drinking...quite a bit actually...I so badly wanted to share with someone, anyone that that day was my 6 month mark...but didn't say anything...all this needs to come from within...they will never get it! So....I'm getting ready to head back over there for another night of "family fun".

Sorry to be a bummer....must be one one of those up and downs PAP3 is talking about
                Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! Oh yea...What up with those Packers Rusty....Rusty...Rusty....where are you????? LOL!!
                SD
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Good evening folks!

Checking in after a busy but wonderful day
                  Went to Longwood Gardens with the girls & three grandkids. It was so beautiful, all decked out for the holidays. Had a nice lunch then we came back here for a light dinner & even baked gingerbread men!!!! My 3 year old grandson EB just loves to do that kind of stuff

Dewdrop, I want to see Paris at Christmas time someday. I was there for Easter many ears ago & it was special. Glad you enjoyed yourself despite all the excessive partying going on around you. I loved watching the little ones in their school productions too!

chill, looks like you have a decision to make
                  Take a few days & let the answer come to you

SD, I don't share any of my progress, news, anniversaries, etc with my family primarily because I feel it's my business & not theirs. I know they would be uncomfortable talking about it so I just don't bother. I have all of my wonderful & understanding friends here to share with & that's all I need!

Ready to call it a day!!!!!
                  Good night to everyone.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Evening from Nowhereville, KY.... This nonstop flying must end. Actually, I am inthe home of Amazon. Can I pick something up for any of you? Haha!!!

Happy birthday, Lav!! Ms. Secretive- you didn't tell us! You must see Paris at Christmas- it is just a glow.

I fried the harddrive on my laptop Friday so have been without a computer since then. I don't usually keep water near my laptop but was careless last Friday. Will have to pay $$$$ for data recovery.

SD- ugh..... What a game. My mom said Aaron Rogers should spend less time making commercials and concentrate on his passing.

I am exhausted and I will check in later.

Xoxo

Comment

Lav, I forgot to tell my mom's little drummer boy pillow looks lovely under her little tree. My nosy SIL asked where I got the pillows and I said "it was good friend in my business networking group.". Bravo to you for being tightlipped about dates, etc. Me, too.
                      My family does not want to be reminded of my drinking...and they don't want me to mention it because they feel that I punish myself all over again by talking about it.

I stopped to get a bite to eat and of course, I am forced to listen to country music. Get me the f$-- outta here! Insert Eddie Murphy's voice here!

Sped and SD......congrats on 6 months!! You guys rock!

Ok now I AM going to bed:-)

Comment

Good morning gang

Rusty - good to see you. Hope your going to consciously travel less in 2012, it's time for you to enjoy more Rusty time.

Lav - sound like a lovely birthday. Yes I will let the decision settle and make its own mind up

Dewdrop - glad you enjoyed Paris, people drinking is really tiresome though and Im seeing it all through different eyes now. Last Saturday the local radio was actually asking for people to call in with their hangover stories and drunken antics from the night before! Sad.....

SD - I too can sympathize with not sharing our AF victories. When I 1st quit I only confided to a very few close friends why exactly I had to stop. The others accepted it and didn't question me. Actually I would have loved them to come out and say "do you think you had a problem" so I could have been honest, I'm sure they discussed it when I wasn't there. As for family they don't have a clue and again I'm surprised my Sisters never ask me more about it. Like Lav says that's the wonder of here, it's SO good to share with you guys, these milestones and victories are a big deal and a lot of hard work went into achieving them. You are all my heros :l
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning everyone

Lav - huge congratulations on all your amazing achievements. You should be so, so proud of yourself. Glad you had a nice day with your family.

Dew - your trip sounds interesting to say the least. Your family are lucky to have you live so close to them.

SD - I think it is only those of us who have a problem with alcohol that obsess about it. Other people do not even notice what or if we are drinking. Thats why MWO is so great, we can come on here and share.

Chill - do you have to pay the full thing up front? If its only a deposit, chance it, you could always fit in a trip home to see your parents if you are somewhere else.

Star, Pap, Rusty, Cyn, Sooty, Blond and anyone else I missed, big hello and have a great day.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning December friends!

The sunshine & blue skies of yesterday have moved on - dark & damp here today, Oh well

Rusty, I am proud to be one your your business networking group
                            I hope you get out of that one horse town - country music drives me nuts :H

Chill, even the people closest to us truly do not understand the whys of our drinking behaviors so there really is no point in discussing any of this with them, right?? I feel extremely protective of my quits, they're mine & not my family's

Rustop, I assume your Christmas is shaping up nicely but I'm sure you're busy as hell doing the work :H Hope you enjoy your family time!

OK, must get the last of the orders out of here today & I'm taking no more! Honestly, in past years I've had people call me on Christmas Eve wanting to order embroidered gifts.......no way!!!!!!

Have a great AF Tuesday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning winter solstice

Where are all the diligent dazzlers :anyonethere: come on gang, check in and tell us what's going on......

Rustop - I need to pay it all up front to get the discount but I'm swaying towards Glasgow, like you say I can tie it into a visit if I'm not here and it's also much cheaper to come stay here than it is to go to London. Also I have had really good feedback from my group "Positively Alive" with a number of them wanting to go too. To share the experience with people you know would be great and Maggie wants to come too. At the moment she can only leave the house for less than 4 hours as that's all the oxygen she can bring but she is hoping to start fundraising for a rechargeable unit with the help of her family. To go with her would make the experience twice as special.

Lav - With orders done are you ready to put your feet up and relax or is Christmas at your house?

Everyone is rushing about like headless chickens and my days are just the same as usual, I only bought gifts for my Parents and the 3 of us are eating out on Christmas day at a local bistro, so there is nothing to be done.
                              Ok let's get this shortest day of the year over with......
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X