Weekly AA Thread - Dec. 19 - Dec. 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Kimberly!! :yougo: It has been a gift to share a part of your recovery journey with you! Would love to hear more about what you are up to these days if you have time!

Went to the open speaker meeting last night. I'm glad I did. (I always seem to be glad I did!) The speaker was a young woman. She started drinking at 10, and lived in a household with hard drug using parents. She was out of control early and ran away from home at 14 and lived on the streets of Chicago for two years. That is some hard living for a young teenager - she is lucky she survived it. I didn't realize HOW young she is until the very end of her story when she talked about what at blessing it will be to have the Steps and a good design for living when she turns 18 in a couple of months. She was 23 months clean and sober yesterday. When we had the chance for comments, among other things I mentioned that no matter how difficult her past was, she has a way better design for living than I did at 18! The world can truly be her oyster.

Saw many friends there last night - I love the fellowship. One of the new girls I mentioned up thread called me last night. She was with her family and they sound very dysfunctional - and they were all drunk on top of it. Unlike other times where she has tried to get sober, she followed the suggestion to pick up the phone instead of the drink. She is the shy one. I'm so happy I could be there for her - just that small bit of help until she could walk away from that situation. That was a gift to me. The fellowship is amazing.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

We just got home from my daughter, sil, & gkids...xmas day. It was quiet, calm, & fun. What more could we ask? Kimberly, excellent job...the first year sober is such an accomplishment. Love, Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
      X