tue 20 dec af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tue 20 dec af daily

Morning - up ready for last full day at work - tomorrow there is a big chunk taken out by our christmas lunch - yay!There is a no alcohol policy at work so no worries there.

Getting harder to get up - I am in need of a couple of lie ins - and some exercise - 20 mins of floor exercises before friend comes for dinner tonight - nothing fancy - pasta with tuna and pesto.

Greenie - yes I like the thinking about the team - that is how i am approaching it.
    Papmom - also love the emphasis on advertisers - that appeals to me - it's so funny getting rat arsed is seen as so rebellious, being a bit edgy and hedonistic - but everyone does it - more rebellious to be sober. I quite like some of the straight edge scene's thinking on this.

No nasty booze thoughts here today - remembering that ' I can drink but my life will be s**t helps - reinforces the fact that it's a choice and has the reality tagged on the end.

Have a great alcohol free day everyone.
    one day at a time

tue 20 dec af daily

Morning abbers!

Bear, just hearing you talk shows how different you are viewing your sobriety these days. It is a great thing! Keep going, and as you said yesterday, just don't allow yourself to get complacent. We alkies all know that we are unable to have "just one". Our bodies don't work that way. The Dr. Jekyl, Mr. Hyde scenario comes out when we allow ourselves to drink.

Today I have my assessment at the mood disorders clinic. A bit nervous but also glad because it will open up a whole lot of other avenues to help me with my depression and anxiety.

Gotta get the kiddo off to school then I am jumping in the shower and starting to write my assignment that is due. Got 90% on the last one. I have 5 more courses after this one to get my diploma in addiction caseworker. Slow going because I am doing them correspondence and only doing one course at a time but at least I'm working at it.

Okay, I'm off, I'll check back in a bit. Hope everyone has a fantabulous AF day!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Good morning Abbers!

That's great thinking bear ~ keep that going & you will do just fine

uni, wishing you good luck with your assessment today, hope some positives come from your appointment

I have work to get finished & out of here today then my shop is CLOSED! Taking no more Christmas orders - I don't care how much they beg :H :H

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Morning Fabbies!

:H Lav
        I'm hustling, too, to get another project wrapped up by the end of this week. It'll be good to get it off the table. After that comes a HUGE project which I'm sure I will whine about in months to come

I never did get any more baking done yesterday - maybe today is the day. Christmas tree also stands bare in the living room, much like it did Sunday

Ah well.. up and at 'em.. one thing is for sure!

Uni good luck with your assignment and bear, I'm in the same boat with exercise (just take it easy and don't overdo it, k?)
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Hello friends,

Sunny--the big green tree stands naked in my living room as well. I have 1 more aluminum tree (mine) to decorate and I'm done. I've left the Martha Stewart tree to hubby and the boys. It will probably get done Saturday.:H ...And that's ok.

Not sure I'll do any baking or candy making. I have been TERRIBLE with my eating habits. I guess it is the seafood diet. DG needs to come and give me 40 lashings! Seriously!
          I've admitted I'm having a case of the blues this Christmas. Just too much heartache in my life this last year. I'm also really missing my mom who passed away 7 years ago on the 22nd. I just want to pick up the phone and talk to her about her grandsons and get some good advice from her. Cuz I know I was the shits. My friend called me for support last night and I know Greenie said to not take on her pain, but believe me if I could fix her broken heart I would in a heartbeat.

So there ya go. I hate to come here and post downer stuff, so I've started writing in my journal more. The only other thing I know to do is to allow the feelings to be, acknowledge them and enjoy what I can.

Today I am going to play with my bath salts for awhile. I know that will cheer me up. I think I got carried away with my supplies--I may HAVE to go in the business just to get rid of some of it!:H

At least one thing is for sure......Happy soberness to all! And thank you for your friendship and support.:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

OMG my anxiety is through the roof today! I have taken my medication but I am having flashbacks and all kinds of crap. I'm sure it is because I am having my assessment today but frig, hating this right now!!!
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Uni, don't forget that you wanted to have this assessment done.
              Take some deep breaths, you are in control of your thoughts ~ be positive!

LVT, Sunni & everyone else with undecorated trees it's OK
              They will get done eventually
              When I was a kid we always decorated the tree on Christmas Eve, that was normal.

I am finisihing this last job now :yay:
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Top of the Tuesday ABerooooos!

Bear, great kickstart and I love your rebellious AF attitude!

Uni, battlestations dear. you know any breathing exercises? they can be a lifesaver for sudden anxiety. let us know how you fare when you can.

I just thought of a funny idea: the martha stewart Christmas tree. it's just a statue of martha that you decorate and 'adorn' with all manner of ornaments and 'offerings' LOL! I just crack myself up sometimes.

must get some work done, be laterish

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Greetings to alll Fabbers....

Bear...I LOVE the idea of being a sober rebel! When I quit drinking...my daughter said to me...."Sober for the Revolution!" I think we are ready to rock the world.

LVT....I have been missing you. I was touched by what you wrote about how you are working through your feelings of loss.

Uni...if possible, can you let us know how your afternoon appointment went? Anxiety is such a crappy state of being. Mine pretty much went away after I got the al out of the system and helped with the brain chemistry healing by taking Vit B and GABA. I don't remember if I had anxiety BEFORE I became an addicted drinker. Too long ago. I hope you are able to find the help you need....

LVT and Sunni...last night we finally got some ornaments on the formerly green tree. Somewhere along the line, it stopped taking water. Now it is grayish and brittle. It will be coming down Monday....if all the needles don't fall off by then! If Martha Stewart saw my tree she would croak on the spot so she could go roll in her perfect and tastefully appointed grave.

Det - you crack me up....Martha Stewart - THE SHRINE !™ I will adorn with the crispy boughs from my brittle tree.

Lav...way to go on getting your orders out! How nice that you can close shop and take time to enjoy the holidays. Will you get lotsa grandkid time?

Well the 3 boxes of cookies arrived yesterday from my stepmom. I told myself....'This year, I will follow my plan....take some L-glut...refrain from opening until others are around....then plate the treats and give them away!' Well I followed the plan except for the critical part. I opened the boxes before hubby got home and managed to sample EVERY single treat. I went back for thirds on the Cashew Carmel Squares.

This morning...I pay for the sugar orgy with a sugar hangover. BUT 80% of the treats are now safely out of the house - the remainder are in the freezer for Christmas day consumption by family and friends. WHY??? Geez...here I have managed to tromp AL but not sh sh sh shugar? Bleh. Must go get protein.
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

love it!
                      one day at a time

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Thanks Turn--you are so thoughtful.

Uni--I hope you are feeling better.

I spent the day playing with my bath salts.

Now I better go clean or fold something. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1737781=6567-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1737781=6568-attachment.jpg[/img]
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

LVT25 your bath salts look beautiful. MMMMMMM
                          Uni I hope your assessment went well.
                          Det I don't get the joke? I think a stature of Martha Stewart tastefully done is a fabulous idea. It would also keep that area of the carpet clean.
                          Turnagain, I will send you my address if you would like to remove more temptation from your house.
                          Still AF.chugging along
                          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                          November 2, 2012

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Det - I love the graphic!!!

I wonder how much that would hurt as a tattoo?

mama is getting all rebelly and wild.

and no....that is not sugar talkin
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

tue 20 dec af daily

Just had an evening with my two grandsons which I normally enjoy. BUT they are both sporting colds right now.......that's a lot of snot :H :H

Det, that would be a fantastic tatoo.......dare ya

LVT, very nice
                              The packaging is as important as the contents (for most consumers). Put them up on Etsy ~ see what happens

About the sugar thing.....
                              I have come to realize a little is OK for me (not necessarily for the waistline) but a little too much just makes me plain angry, grumpy, etc. So I will be happy to feed the leftover cookies to the chickens!!!! They'll love me!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X