Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 22 dec af daily

hear hear! ditto what the Lavenator said:

Coming on here to talk about a problem, blow off some steam, whatever is perfectly fine. But somewhere along the line we owe it to ourselves & to the other people here on the thread to take the steps & actually make some changes, make some real progress. Learning to live as fully functional adults without our chosen crutches requires a lot of hard work but can be done

love and garlic
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

thu 22 dec af daily

Interesting responses and great discussion. I just want to point out that i didnt identify anyone by name in my original post. And i really appreciate that so many people have chimed in... Its all good. Here is one last thought from me this evening.. And its this, i hate to see people suffering needlessly. There are solutions, and for every moment of dispair we feel, and every complaint about kids, mates, etc there is an hour of real hardship, an afternoon of family violence, a day of bloodshed, a month of starvation. So we can chose to improve and enjoy our four score and ten or we can drag ourselves and everyone else through hell. I chose no hell, thanks. Kas
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

thu 22 dec af daily

Kas - just like to add this has really made me think re my posts/lack of action re exercise/weight problem - I need to just do it. Thank you.
        one day at a time

Comment

thu 22 dec af daily

I think I've mentioned this before. Colin Tipping talked about a tribe somewhere that has this ritual sort of thing for members who feel some transgression has happened to them. They are allowed to come before the tribe and tell their story - how they were wronged, rant, rave, cry, whatever they want to do and be in full blown victimhood. The tribe acknowledges their feelings, offers understanding and support of how they are feeling. They can do this 3 times for that story. That's it. It is the tribe's positon that the member must then move from a state of victimhood and resolve and release the issue. That to continue to listen further is to validate the member's continued state of victimhood.

We all have our storys that come and (hopefully) go. It is important to have them heard so that we may begin to do the healing work to release them and move forward in our journey. Speaking for myself, if I move from telling my story to banging the drum, please gently tell me my 3 times are up.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

thu 22 dec af daily

Kaslo;1231251 wrote: There are solutions, and for every moment of dispair we feel, and every complaint about kids, mates, etc there is an hour of real hardship, an afternoon of family violence, a day of bloodshed, a month of starvation.
            This is true. But the experiences we have and the feelings associated with them are unique to our own journey. In our personal journey, to move forward from the moments of dispair, we need to fully feel it to heal and release it and I think that to downplay it by comparison doesn't serve that purpose. (if I am correctly understanding your point)
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

thu 22 dec af daily

Thank you Greeneyes. Nuff said.

greeneyes;1231485 wrote: This is true. But the experiences we have and the feelings associated with them are unique to our own journey. In our personal journey, to move forward from the moments of dispair, we need to fully feel it to heal and release it and I think that to downplay it by comparison doesn't serve that purpose. (if I am correctly understanding your point)
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

thu 22 dec af daily

Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X