fri 23 dec af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fri 23 dec af daily

Good morning all - woke up at 7am today - few last minute bits to get,then all done.
    I am hitting gym and having a sauna this pm - long overdue.

Dinner at friends' tonight - I am driving - best way for me to stay sober in these early days.
    Kas - you really made me think and re-assess. Personal responsibility is my new mantra.

Love being sober - may not always be 100% easy - life isn't always and it's not any easier on the drunk/hungover merry go round.

Have a great day everyone.
    one day at a time

fri 23 dec af daily

Good Morning Fabbies!!

Go forth and be joyous! fake it if you have to, but do it
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Good morning bear, Greenie & all Abbers!!!!!

No faking for me today ~ I am joyous (well at least happy) :H :H

Time to get my happy butt to Curves

Later,
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Hi happy-butt!

Cindi, god to see you!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

I have an ecstatic festive arse today.
          one day at a time

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

An ecstatic festive arse! LOL
            Fake it till you make it - like that motto.
            Here, sober. That is all!
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Hey ho. Wonderful day for everyone, hmm? I loved Greenies last two posts of the day yesterday. Truely Fabulous, love to all.

Kas
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

I for one would like to join that tribe Greenie! What a wonderful tradition! Everyone gets heard, can wallow in their pain for a bit and get nothing but sympathy and support but then they must move forward. Brilliant!!

Let's give ourselves a new tribe name!! I'm not coming up with anything creative so I'll leave it to the artistes in the group!

Turn-do you have a fancy schmancy photo editing program? Your new avatar is da bomb!!

Whoo hoo! Slept in until 9:15 this morning!! Minus 15 minutes of potty time for the boys at 6:15. Did I need that!!
                Nothing on the horizon but a few errands, cashing in my winning lottery ticket, depositing my bonus (when it rains it pours but also easy come easy go :H). Will try to eat healthy today but the bag of Lindt truffles my NH boss gave me isn't going to help!!

I can't say my arse is joyous but the rest of me feels pretty darn good!!

Hey Ho everyone!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Hello from chilly Alabama,

I read something today that really struck a chord with me. Mostly because I am a huge worrier, an attribute I learned at the lap of my mama.

Karyn Stordahl: "My father always tells me, 'Worry is like a rocking chair -- it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.'"

Today, I am actually in very little pain and haven't even had to take one pain pill!! Yay!!

Doctor's office had me up my Baclofen and Gabapentin and hopefully that will keep the nerve pain down to a rumble. I don't mind some pain but constant sharp shooting pains down my leg and in my hip was getting to me mentally. Hopefully, I will have a chance to go to the spine center before I have to go back to Florida to deal with my parents.

Doing last minute food shopping with my daughter and all her young'uns today. All five. His, hers, theirs. I shall enjoy it. :-)

I am cooking a prime rib for Christmas day. Nervous. I have never cooked one before and I have never spent that much money on a single cut of meat before. Have Googled many recipes and am settled on my recipe and my method. It should not be very time consuming on Christmas day, though. I hate to spend all the time in the kitchen and not with the family.

Hope all have a wonderful day, today. I am going to have a sober Christmas with my tribe and enjoy every single minute with them.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Hello friends,

So wonderful to see you here and posting Cinders!!!:h I've heard the rocking chair quote and it is so true! I also rely on prayer when I'm worried about someone.
                    I, myself, have never made a prime rib, but I know there are a lot of different methods. I hope the method you've chosen turns out delicious--I'm sure it will. Use your meat thermometer--and don't overcook as it will continue to cook when you take out of the oven. My brother used to slice the meat, then dip in hot Au Juis to cook a little more to the individual taste. Myself I almost always order rare.:H

Merry sober Christmas everyone!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

happy festivus all....

There is something that is so delightful (at least to me) about tacky taste. There's no skill involved with blinging out an avatar, Pmom....just a link to the website Blingee.com | A Creative Community for Fans, Photos and Fun and the will to keep adding more bling long after others have been sated. The avie is actually animated when you go to the direct link. That takes the tastelessness quotient into exponential turf.

I am very excited to try my new prime rib recipe. I am doing an herb encrusted version. Det, there is a ton of garlic involved. I must've used 12 cloves or more. I saturated the garlic and herbs in olive oil for 2 days....and then applied to the PR. It will hang out in the fridge for 3 days total with the herb cover. Today I will add some grated fresh horseradish to the fat side.

Daughter and boyfriend are driving up today....she brings joy to so many around. We joke that she has a cult following...and I am a member, for sure. Now, neither she nor BF eat meat so we will prep a salmon for them on Christmas day and roast a bunch of organic root vegies....yum.

Got a meeting today that is long overdue so It will feel good to get that completed so I can relax for a few days...

My other project today is working on a special BLINGEE holiday greeting for all of my wonderful friends here. Forewarning....you may need sunglasses to view. Watch for it tomorrow. My tackiness knows no bounds, peeps!

SERENITY NOW, friends....
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Mornin' friends!

Papmom, I will definitely let you know when your package arrives. Ummmm..... also, I hope the lottery ticket that is posted to my fridge is a winner tonight. But so true, easy come, easy go.

Yesterday was so wonderful. Got all my pressies wrapped, except for Little AFM's..... as she was helping me, so I will do it tonight or very early tomorrow morning. I also did quite a bit of baking yesterday, which sooooooo isn't me. I am not big on baking, as I find the mountain of dishes horrendous, but I actually had fun with my Little One. She even said I was the best 'maker' ever. I LAUGH!!!!!!! Gotta love easy to please children. (although, I know she wanted to pig out is all ) But so much fun anyway.

Today I am taking my 18 year old for a haircut and a colour. IF she decides to wake up before evening. She definitely doesn't have my early bird genetics. Or her father's as a matter of fact. This kid can sleep! Then I will be grabbing maybe a couple more gifts for Little AFM, as after compiling the stock load I bought the other night, I truly ripped her off. (bad me!!!) So thankful she is easy to please!!!

I read the posts from yesterday. I really didn't have anything to add, but really do appreciate each and everyone of you. We are all unique in our recoveries, and I understand all too well how life can be very overwhelming when you are sober. I read each and everyone of your posts. The good, the bad, the sad, the everything. I may not respond to each and everyone of you, but just know that no matter what, I always wish for all of us; peace.

On another note. My jeans are getting tight, and once the holidays are over, I am so gonna stop eating so many carbs. UGH!

Lots of love to you all. Have a fABulous day!!

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Turn, I'm going to have to Blingee one of my chicken pictures

AFM, eat all the cookies you want this week

Need more energy to finish my to do list
                          Maybe a granny nap is in order :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Okay, you have all seriously made me crave prime rib now.........just saying! Salivating here!!!!
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

I love prime rib..but I won't post any recipes. Unless you really want me too. I must admit I always made it with red wine. What do you sub for that?

I am home now from work. Isn't that great? I think so. I bet most of us are finished the work thing. Take care Sid.

And one thing for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X