Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fri 23 dec af daily

hidy ho ABeroooos!

I had an absolutely stellar day of hiking and long-range target shooting up in the Sierra mountains today with an AF friend. The area we hike to looks like a scene from an eastern European postcard...just spectacularly rugged and beautiful.

did someone say garlic?

Sidney, don't fret over cooking sans vino. a whole new world of cooking opportunity awaits you. being AF at first worried and confused me but it made me a better cook as it forced me to be brave and creative. now I use an array of exotic vinegars to cook with. fruit vinegars, champaign vinegar, different grades of red vinegar and even the brine from Greek and Italian olives (just don't add any extra salt!).

I make PR very simply: rub with olive oil, salt, pepper and cover with fresh herbs (thyme or rosemary are equally grand). then as LVT cautioned....it's all about the internal temperature. if your thermometer is sketchy, do yourself a big favor and buy a new one. temperature control is everything.

ok fine, you've made me insanely hungry!

so....anyone feeling rocky about thier AF'ness over the Christmas holiday? any lurkers? speak up now while you can still accept some happy help before the fact! we are here for you

be well everyone
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Hello Fabbies!

Busy here and struggling a bit with mood/resentfulness - which always brings about drinking thoughts. However, I know where 'a glass' will lead and I ain't goin' there. I'm looking forward to having Peanut here (driving to pick him and mommy up tomorrow) and grand peanut #2's mom will bring him by on Christmas day as well I'm preparing for either 9 or 11 for dinner (Gawd help me!) and I'm nowhere near yet where I hoped to be tonight. So, I better get moving.

Hope you're all having a good evening :l
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Hey Sunni, enjoy your AF holiday with the grands
        You know as well as I do that we just can't be good grannies if we drink.

I have an Orange Cranberry Nut fruit cake in the oven & it smells so good!!!!! No rum/brandy or any of that involved just organic dried fruits, fresh OJ - yum!

I have never prepared a prime rib sidney & Det but I imagine garlic is a must

Wishing everyone a great evening!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

fri 23 dec af daily

Lavande, right you are. at this point I just assume you know I put garlic in everything. breakfast lunch and dinner
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X