weekly AA Thread - Dec. 26 - Jan. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year everyone! It is so wonderful to wake up sober! I can so relate to everything everyone has said here from the hiding my drinking, staying home to drink, to resisting AA until I had no where else to turn because I needed the in person support. It is so great to see everyone here doing so well. DG, I have no doubt you will be a fabulous counselor - you have shared so much wisdom here over the past couple of years.
    Auntie G., I found I did best at first in all women meetings and they are still my favorite, although I can now attend any meeting and if "Big Book Thumpers" are there I just take what I can and leave the rest. As DG says, the only requirement is a desire to stop drinking. But a sponsor can be so helpful and one that is a good fit for you can help you see the 12 steps in a different light. TDN, you are doing great -keep up the good work.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!

Comment

Happy New Year AA friends! Louise, it's great to see you and hear you are doing well! I totally agree with you about various meetings. AA teaches me so much that is useful for "regular life." Such as.... I am not going to like everyone I encounter. I'm going to have to work with people I may not like, deal with people I may not like in all areas of life. It's important that I learn to respect ALL people, and how to be on steady ground myself no matter who I am around. AA teaches me so many valuable lessons about that through the Steps, and then gives me a wonderful practice environment at meetings. I have learned so much about people and especially about myself through that process.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X