But first I'd better get the turkey in the oven :H

Have a great AF Jan 1!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Same to you, Lav, and all!

Had turkey on Christmas, and had leftovers most of the week!
    Off to church at 10:00. Beautiful sunny day here, and going up to 40 degrees. No snow!

So happy to be sober! I can see the dfference in our dogs--no more drunken Mom!

TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy 2012, Fabberdoodles!

2 months and 22 days for me and I'm SO glad I didn't cave last night! Lots of offerings but I stuck to my tea and juice

Happy turkey dinner, Lav (I'm quite done with turkey for a while, thank you),
      Hello TDN and everyone else to come :hallo:
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy New Year Abbies!!!!

It's so nice not to be hungover on New Years Day. I'm looking forward to a fabulous 2012 with all of you - SOBER! This is going to be a good year for us, I can feel it.

I hope you all have an amazing day - I'm off to go up north to see my family and meet my nephew for the first time! Can't wait! Also, I haven't seen my neice since the summer so I think there may be some major cuddling going on!

Love and hugs to you all - have a great day - you are all so important to me. I can't even tell you how much of an influence you all are in my life.

Love Always,
        Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy New Year Fabbies! I hope everyone is doing well. I feel terrific this morning, and we all know why. Lots of reading, watching hockey, long walk yesterday by the river, visit with daughter...and NO BOOZE-FUELED BULLSHIT (otherwise knowns as BFB). What a great way to end a year. I only have two more months and it will be a full year for me. I intend to make this stick.

You guys have been an amazing inspiration, and without reading your thoughts on here every day I am pretty sure I would be one sorry piece of crap this morning. My special thanks to Lav, P3, M3, DG, Uni, Gman, Bear, Marshy, Det, Sunni, Turnagain, LVT, TDG and the Green Queen for just hanging out, sharing your thoughts, advising each other on how to cope, being y'all.

:thanks::h

kaslo
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy New Years!!

As Lav said, I am looking forward to a AF year with you all!

My little one and my GF's son managed to make it to 12:06am. They were quite proud of themselves! I was quite happy to shut it down and head to bed. I usually am in bed by 9pm. :H

I hope everyone has a fantastic day! I am going to get my GF's children organized and send them back next door. She was still a bit intoxicated this AM, so I thought I would do her a favour and hang onto the kids so she can get herself together. :H I certainly do not miss hangovers or waking up still inebriated.

So thankful for sobriety! Love you all! xoxo

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

ahhhhhhhh. Big Group HUG!!!!!!!!

Every morning after I wake and meditate and get my LAVAN-itude on for the day...I come to this thread and read. Your encouragement, advice and examples give me new strength every day. I am deeply grateful to all of you.

2012 is going to be an amazing year......
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy New Years AFers!!

It is wonderful to be sober and calm today. Got lots of sleep last night. Like AFM, I tend to go to bed early. Usually, I wake up several times a night but then go back to sleep.

I, too, am looking forward to a wonderful new year. It is good to be feeling good the day after New Years.

My DIL, son and grandsons were in an accident in our car yesterday. It wasn't her fault, thank goodness, and there were no injuries. I am very grateful for that.

Hope all my friends here have a wonderful day today and a superb rest of the new year.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Cinders and AFM, I knew I was forgetting names in my accolades. Happy HEW year to both of you. Cindi, very sorry to read about the accident. Even if no one was injured its still pretty scary.

Kas
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Gooood Afternooooon Fabber Abbers,

So nice to log on and read about so many folks feeling absolutely fantastic today because they started their New Year right by being AF and unhung. Woot Woot! Quiet night for me last night. Just hung out with the fam. Going out to an early dinner and then getting ready for the week. Looking forward to kids being back and school and back into a routine.

Tonight I will contemplate and right down some 2012 goals and intentions. I have a few good ones in mind.

xxoo to all,
                    M3
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy New year everyone .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

quick whizz in first sober nye in 22 years - happy - back tomorrow with more time
                        one day at a time

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy New Year everyone! WOO HOO!! Dinner at Lav's House!! What can I bring??? (very glad to hear YB picked up the tab!)

Det - that was quite a place you were hiking!

I am with M3 so very happy to see everyone checking in sober and unhungover!

LOL TDN - I bet my dogs are happy I'm sober too! :H

Sunni - good for you making it through that party with your AFness intact!

Cindi - so sorry to hear about the accident! Very happy there were no injuries. Those are scary moments.

M3 - I still haven't committed goals to paper either. But I'm on a path and I'm liking the path I'm on.

Turnagain - you are a wonderful addition to team fABbie.

AFM - what a reminder that must have been about the bad ol' days! Nice of you to keep an eye on the kids for the extra time.

Happy New Year Kas and Mario!

It's a laid back NY here. Weight Watchers, gym, and goofing off. A lovely way to spend a rainy, muddy day.

I must be missing some parades or bowls or something.

One thing is for sure..

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful group and to be AF!! I'm grateful to each and everyone of you for your stories, your support, your encouragement and your honesty.

I'm ringing in the new year with a nasty cold and had to cancel a get together with my hoarder friend. I've been playing around with the new FB format which is actually kind of fun; watching lots of TV which has been so unusal for me this past 19 months and just taking it easy. I did manage to put in my required 8 hours of work this week and I've done some dishes and laundry today. It's sunny and very mild out. I really wish I felt good enough to take the dogs for a walk but it's not to be.
                            Tomorrow if I feel better I'm going over to my sis's house to give my neice a makeup lesson and possibly a sewing lesson.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Happy New Year's Day to one and all.
                              papmom3 I wish I lived near to you, I could REALLY use a makeup lesson.
                              What a wonderful thread, looking forward to spending an AF year with all of you.
                              :l
                              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                              November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X