Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Thanks for posting this thread Lav. Happy New Year to all. I am so happy to wake up with no hangover.
    After dropping off my youngest son and his friends at a party I came home to ring in the New Year with Dick Clark and a can of diet coke. I am still in my pj's and it is 1:23 in the afternoon. It is so nice to take a break from the frenetic pace I keep.
    Tomorrow I will be 60 days AF and planning a happy dance when I wake up.
    Blessings to you all for a happy, healthy and alcohol free 2012!!!
    Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful group and to be AF!! I'm grateful to each and everyone of you for your stories, your support, your encouragement and your honesty.

I'm ringing in the new year with a nasty cold and had to cancel a get together with my hoarder friend. I've been playing around with the new FB format which is actually kind of fun; watching lots of TV which has been so unusal for me this past 19 months and just taking it easy. I did manage to put in my required 8 hours of work this week and I've done some dishes and laundry today. It's sunny and very mild out. I really wish I felt good enough to take the dogs for a walk but it's not to be.
      Tomorrow if I feel better I'm going over to my sis's house to give my neice a makeup lesson and possibly a sewing lesson.

If anyone gets a chance to catch it, I highly recommend the new documentary, "I Am" by Tom Shayac. He directed a ton of Jim Carey movies as well as many others About Tom Shadyac | I AM The Documentary | Official Site
      This is a very powerful film and really gets you thinking. It was on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday today.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Aloha Team Fabberoos!

A sober NYE here too, and with the last few days of last year AF, i have a nice running start into an AF 2012 (and beyond), and.............................................lo ving it!

This is a very special thread which has a real positive vibe to it, which of course comes from the diverse and wonderful folk who come here.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, happy and healthy year.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Aloha Team Fabberoos!

A sober NYE here too, and with the last few days of last year AF, i have a nice running start into an AF 2012 (and beyond), and.............................................lo ving it!

This is a very special thread which has a real positive vibe to it, which of course comes from the diverse and wonderful folk who come here.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, happy and healthy year.

Get well soon P momma.

(Any turkey left Lav? I'm a growing boy)

G-bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Lots of turkey left G - C'mon over
            So happy you are back to being the young & happy fella we've all come to know & love :h

Glad to see so many unhung Abbers!
            Let's keep it that way, OK? 2012 has lots of possibilities, I'm staying open to good ideas & new things!

Feel better soon papmom!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Good evening all - managed to hang in by a hair today, came so very close for many reasons, but witrh Lav's coaching this earlier in 2011 I am recognizing some triggers, and managed to skate by!
              Such positivity on this thread, I am looking forward to checking in frequently as I start my AF year.
              Thank you to each and everyone of you for your honesty, commitment, humor, advice and everything else you all offer - with huge gratitude, and hopes for a great NY.
              See you tomorrow!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sunday Jan 1 AF Daily

Scottish Lass, I'm so glad you are back and so happy that you are using the tools you are learning, and staying AF one day at a time. That's what it's all about! Lav is a fabulous teacher!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X