tuesday 3 jan af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Good morning first day back at work - Det i am stealing your 'i get to work today' slogan - it really helps.

Windy rainy day with gales 70mph and cold - think i am driving today rather than cycling!Exercise DVD tonight.Room all prepped for decorator friend - not sure what day he is coming this week though.Made a list of food in freezer so can use it up instead of buying more and just shoving it in. Lots of stew/slow cooker curry/chilli with tonnes of beans/veggies - cheap, yummy and healthy.Still got to do funding application - overdosed on True Blood yesterday.

I am so so happy being AF - it really does feel like i have turned a corner in my thinking - my friends have all been great as well, supportive or just not noticed.I think there was a fear that i would be dull/friends would think i am dull - what BS - really p****d people are really great company right?It's also a great lesson that people really aren't that bothered what you do - guess what - my life isn't the centre of their world!More importantly realising this is my one life and I get one chance to make it what I want.
    Feeling very grateful for my health, family,OH, friends, home,cats and having a job.
    Have a great day.
    one day at a time

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Bear,

You sound so good you make me smile. :-)

Hi, Abbers. I'll check back in later. Not much happening here, today. Cold and windy.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Hi, Bear and Cindi.

Great post, Bear! I feel so much better AF, and taking it one day at a time helps. I don't have a job right now, but that's okay. I know something will come along. I luckily had a couple of great careers, so now just want a job with less stess. And it has to be local, as I won't be driving for awhile.
      I am grateful for my husband and dogs, MWO, AA, friends, my rehab place, health and just being AF!

Hope everyone has a great sober day!

TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Good Morning Bear, and Cinders and 3DN and all to come
        Wow what great posts this morning. Lovely way to start the day.
        Hi Ho it's off to work I go.
        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
        November 2, 2012

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Morning Fabbies!

Bear, great start this morning, thank you
          Wally, isn't it 'Hi Ho, off to work, I owe? :H

I also get to work today, actually I'll have to finish up a rather big proposal. Better hop to it, too

Hello to everyone to come - one thing is for sure...
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Good morning Abbers!

Cold & windy seems to be today's theme, Brrrr!

bear, thanks for the cheerful start to the day

Greetings Cindi, TDN, Wally & Sunni!

I have a big To Do list & really, really need to get started on it so here I go
            Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Tuesday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

good morning FavFabs...Bear you really are inspirational. TDN, Cinders, Wally, Lav good day to you. Sunni I read that it was supposed to be minus 40 C in Northern Ontario, I hope that doesnt include you. Crikey thats cold. Gotta get going on that stupid paper due on the 9th to the editor. Every one have a great day. What a terrific holiday season this was, I managed to not make a mess of it.

Kaslo
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Bear - I am really loving your inspirational starts!

Cindi - cold here too. But it's not windy like yesterday - sun is out. Maybe the sun is headed your way for tomorrow!

TDN - LOVE your gratitude & attitude! It's like a GrataLavitude!

Hi Wally!

Sunny. Yesterday you got a nap AND a smutty novel. I'm jealous!

Lav - maybe you will have sun tomorrow too!

Kas - no holiday messes here either. That's refreshing! No guilt, shame or remorse. Life is good.

I need to get some serious stuff done today. Been LAZY through the holidays!

Zoom zoom...

one thing is for sure..

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Morning abbers!

I too have managed to survive the holidays AF and am grateful. My daughter has a freind over and they are downstairs singing on the Wii - they got a Glee karaoke game - they are having a blast although for us upstairs it doesn't sound so hot! LOL

Managed to get all the Christmas decorations down today - just have to take down the tree and put it all away for another year. Trying to put presents away, do laundry and general tidying up today. We have a couples counselling appt tonight so I am looking forward to that. I am happy though that I got some stuff done this morning, makes me feel less lazy and more productive!

Okay, I'm off to veg for a bit and have a coffee and read before I jump in the shower and get on with the day. Happy to be AF.

Have a great one guys!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Hello friends!

Wow, everyone sounds great and happy new years all around! I hope the others will check in and let us know how they are doing.

We had an uneventful New Years eve and an enjoyable time with my family on New years day. It was a quick trip, but nice to spend a little time with my siblings.

I will admit I'm glad the holidays are over--with one exception, #2 son's birthday is January 5th. He turns 14 so teaching another one to drive . Well, not really teach, he knows how to drive pretty well, just not in town or in traffic. I'm terrible at the job, so not looking forward to it. Also a little sad at the prospect of the boys growing up so fast--but try to enjoy them and each new experience as it comes.

The rest of this week's agenda includes straightening this house back up, taking decorations down (I despise that job) and starting to clean up and reorganize my office, which will take awhile. As I look around I wonder why I can't keep things tidy and organized? I have an excuse in the summer as I am working outside the home alot, but what is my excuse now? I want to pass the blame onto my family, but as I look around my own personal bathroom--it is a mess. Maybe that will be my main new year resolution--focus a little more on tidying up as I go. And less computer time in my robe in the morning. (I've said that before!)

Have a great sober day all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Kas... no, thankfully it is NOT -40... it's a balmy -22Celsius :H

LVT... I'm SOOOO with you on the mess and how on earth does it get like that!?? :H I, too, would love to blame it on others, but my office/desk puts things sort of in perspective.

Right. Add cleanup to today's list. Sigh.
                      Btw, I never did tackle that tree last night. Lost gumption (otherwise known as got lost in book.)

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Greetings Fabber's near and far,

Had a string of hot days here, 35c 37c 41c, but cool change coming through here this morning. Isn't that facinating? lol.

Right. Off to google local cleaner.

All good here, and wishing everyone a happy, healthy day.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Guitarista;1238085 wrote: Greetings Fabber's near and far,

Had a string of hot days here, 35c 37c 41c, but cool change coming through here this morning. Isn't that facinating? lol.
                          :b&d:
                          Bad boy, bad BAD boy!
                          :H

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Black and Whites anyone? GMan, lets swap. You can come here, and I ....will go there.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

tuesday 3 jan af daily

Gorgeous, Kas! As always.
                              Btw, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, I actually prefer black and white photos.. dunno what it is exactly but there ya go

Comment

Working...
                              X