tue 10 jan af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tue 10 jan af daily

morning all - up for work, healthy packed lunch,check, huge coffee, check, cycling to work -check!Decided I have a goal of moving every day - this should get me to a minimum of 3 gym/exercise dvd sessions a week/improve my mood.

Realised I have taken solace in unhealthy food and replaced excess booze calories with food.No more. I am still going to have treats - but limited - not giving up any food groups at this point but trying to eat more low gi/always bit of protein with my carbs.

I am feeling fine coming of prozac - taking 5htp and chromium,multi vit - pay day will get some omega 3s.

Great alcohol day all to come.
    one day at a time

tue 10 jan af daily

Hi Bear,

Your post gave me a giggle. You might want to edit the last line...

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

lol, yeah the last line is funny, im new to this abstinence group, im 4 days AF, and my goal is one week, nearly there whoop
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

bear73;1241920 wrote: Great alcohol day all to come.
        Cinders;1241932 wrote: Hi Bear,

Your post gave me a giggle. You might want to edit the last line...

Love,
        Cindi

:H:H:H

Morning all!

Cindi, what's wrong with your back? I missed that. Hope you manage to get the pain under control.

Greenie - I think the beer thoughts will pop up from time to time. As long as we know what to do them it's OK... When were you in China? I've been to Hong Kong and would love to go back there and go to the mainland one day. Fortunately GF has a friend who lives in Beijing so we have an open invitation!

Sunshine gg - congatulations on 90 days!

Lav - the lantern from Vietnam is hanging in our living room now. I wish we had an email address for the shop we bought it from so I could email them a pic. We watched the woman there make it so it's a great reminder of our trip.

Saw The Artist yesterday, very good. Off to my first astronomy class today!

Have a good AF
        day everyone!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

xpost - welcome littlepinkcat!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Good morning, all!
            Woke up really early and decided to stay up.
            Welcome, pinkcat--love your name! Congratultaions on four days:goodjob: It should get easier each day now. Coming here is a great way to start (or end!) the day!
            Bear, I too got a chuckle out of the last line of your post!
            Cindi, I hope that your back is better. I know several people who have bad backs and I know that the pain is excruciating.
            Marshy, love the lantern! And I also loved your pics. I doubt that I'll ever get to Vietnam, but it sure is a beautiful country.
            Still no snow here, but guess we may get something nasty on Thursday.
            Same routine for me today. AA meeting, reading, posting and reading here and watching some films from Netflix. Saw a couple of great documentaries about dogs yesterday. Today plan to watch a couple of French films.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Hi Everyone: Would like to join this link for a daily update. I have been 7 days AL free since a very dramatic event woke me up (see Do you believe in SIGNS post). I think posting daily is very helpful. I am doing pretty well. Like Bear am taking some solace eating foods I usually never eat. Strong sugar and carb cravings! But, I am trying hard to be kind to myself and luckily gaining a few pounds won't hurt me.

Today I am thankful. I am thankful for my good nights sleep, for feeling good and calm this morning, for my wonderful supportive family, and to be alive.

Have a great day everyone and keep fighting the fight.

7 Days AL Free
              Goal 1: 30 days

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

littlepinkcat;1241942 wrote: lol, yeah the last line is funny, im new to this abstinence group, im 4 days AF, and my goal is one week, nearly there whoop
                :welcome: littlepinkcat!!

4 days is awesome.

What are your plans after a week?

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Welcome to little pink cat and getting there.
                  It's nice to see the AF days stringing together. I am approaching 60 days and feeling fabulous.
                  Must get dressed for work, so fly by post.
                  Hope everyone has a great day.
                  Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                  If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                  November 2, 2012

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Getting There;1241985 wrote: Hi Everyone: Would like to join this link for a daily update. I have been 7 days AL free since a very dramatic event woke me up (see Do you believe in SIGNS post). I think posting daily is very helpful. I am doing pretty well. Like Bear am taking some solace eating foods I usually never eat. Strong sugar and carb cravings! But, I am trying hard to be kind to myself and luckily gaining a few pounds won't hurt me.

Today I am thankful. I am thankful for my good nights sleep, for feeling good and calm this morning, for my wonderful supportive family, and to be alive.

Have a great day everyone and keep fighting the fight.

7 Days AL Free
                    Goal 1: 30 days
                    Hi, Getting There!! :welcome:

Two new members of this thread and both are so welcome.

Come here anytime you need help. You have a great day, too.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Good morning Abbers!!

It's Tuesday & sunny in my neighborhood

bear, stay on plan & watch the monkey mind, OK?

Cindi, hope you are feeling better today!

Welcome littlepinkcat & Getting There! You have found the serious sobriety thread, happy you are here!

Marshy, thanks for the pic ~ it's so pretty How did you get it home, shipped I imagine?

Hi Wally & everyone!

Greenie, we're only human & subject to automatic responses just like everyone else. As long as we catch ourselves (like you did) we'll be OK

Hope our 90 AF days Sunni is feeling better today!

I have some work to get to then expecting grandsons for dinner & evening.
                      Hope to check in later. Yes greenie, YB is still behaving normalish.......

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Morning abbers! Wow, busy thread this morning.

I was upset yesterday as i went to go swimming and found out that the adult swim is from 9-10PM not am. That kind of sucked as I was really looking forward to it. So I guess that means I need to take the dust bunnies off of my eliptical trainer if I want to get in shape.

Lazy day here today - watched all 3 Jaws movies yesterday - was in a nostalgic shark mood! LOL. I had watched them all when I was young and decided I wanted to see them again. It was fun.

I hope everyone has a great AF day today! Oh, little uni made the basketball team so now not only do I have to run around for hockey but for basketball too! At least she is so into sports that she can't get herself into any serious trouble! LOL

Have a good one guys,
                        Uni
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Hello friends,

And welcome to everyone checking in on the daily ALCOHOL FREE thread. :H Bear!!

Good to have you back, Greenie--no I put the bath salt project away for now. I gave a few as gifts and I'm waiting for more containers. I have some people that I'm going to send samples to for feedback. I made a big batch with eucalyptus, peppermint and tea tree for stuffy heads, etc. I tried to make it fizzy with citric acid, and the whole batch turned an ugly army green and doesn't dissolve. EWW!! Oh, well, live and learn.:H

I am determined to get this place decluttered and clean so I can move on to my winter projects before spring arrives. The weather has been beautiful. I had to rearrange some things outside in my storage shed for Christmas decs yesterday, and did so with no coat!

I like the ideas of using up what is in the freezer and pantry--I so need to do that right now. I have a bad habit of going to the store and buying what is on sale whether we need it or not. I also have lost motivation to cook, but I am working on it. Made a pretty good meal last night. I had a long talk with the boys about spending so much money on food in town. If they don't cut back I know their dad will shut them off.

I'm not sure I mentioned that I took #2 son and 5 of his junior high friends to dinner and a movie Saturday night. Some days I am simply amazed at how much my life has changed since I quit drinking. Friday and Saturday nights were always our nights to party. (as well as most nights of the week). There is no way I could do that now and still be a positive figure in my kid's lives.

So all of you just starting this AF journey, I'm here to tell you--you will never regret quitting!

Have a great ALCOHOL FREE day!:h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

Morning Fabs!

:H Well, that was a fine giggly start to the day.. thanks Bear
                            Cindi, how are you feeling? I've advanced to standing up in one continuous motion. Whoop! I did make it to the barn yesterday and wrestled 2 bales of hay onto the sled I had got out for Peanut (to move from barn to pasture)... but ended up in bed after. Slow and steady, I guess.

Speaking of Peanut... Lav, I had to cancel. There was no way I could have looked after him. I was completely immobilized I'm hoping to be fully back on my feet by this weekend, though.. wish me luck!

Greenarse.. barn is not done but there is constant progress. This is what it looks like as of last night (Mr. Wonderful has been slaving by himself since I'm laying around being useless)

I haven't had one of those 'automatic' responses yet.. I kinda freeze in terror when offered a drink.. sounds dramatic but for a second or so, that's what it feels like.

Marshy, what a great thing and memory to bring back! Love it!
                            Welcome Pinkcat and Getting there! Congrats on your AF days!
                            LVT... I've had those same thoughts when my son called me a couple of times at 9 or 10pm to come get him... wow, there was a time when I couldn't even stand up anymore by that time of night. Every night.
                            Lav, I had to smile at the 'normalish' YB

Ok, I'mma gunna get dressed and head out to feed horses. That should take care of half the day

Have a great AF day (Bear, you're not gonna live that down any time soon :H).. one thing is for sure!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

tue 10 jan af daily

:H do you think that was a freudian slip??:H
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X