AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Hi Everyone. Back after a long travel day yesterday. Left the house at 3:30am and got back in at 12:00am this morning - commuting to a different state for work is killer!

I really like reading everyone's posts here. Reading and learning is def helping me stay AF. Traveling is really hard for me as I travel with a group of heavy drinkers. I travel just about every week and there is always dinner with lots of AL involved. I have a really hard time saying no! It is so interesting to me how people pressure you - my boss relentless. I have not told anyone at work (and do not plan to) about stopping. I just say "I am not drinking tonight". Last night I said "Sorry, I am not drinking tonight". On the way home I started to think "What the heck am I "sorry for?!!" I am not sorry - I am happy and thankful that I am not drinking. So, next time it will be a simple "No thank you, I don't drink."

Settling in for a snowy day here working from home in front of the fire. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

I know what you mean Getting There on the just have one front. But I try to remember I am never sorry I didn't drink just sorry I did.

Sid

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

hidy ho ABeroooooos!

Kaslo, finally we can end the candlelight vigils and take your face off the milk containers glad your alive and kicking.

hmmmm thinking about curry now

Cindi, I dunno what to make of the new Asian tea tree supplement either. just found it interesting.

somewhere in the world....garlic breath is needed......

zooom
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Thanks Sidney! I'm happy to report I feel much better today and I am on a mission!:H

You are so right Getting there! No need to apologize about not drinking!:goodjob:

Believe it or not Kaslo, I was wondering about you just a little while ago and that is why I popped back on here to see if you had posted! Thanks for checking in!

Back to work!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Evening Abbers, how's everyone doing?
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Ahhh ha ha, Det, too funny! LVT thanks for thinking of me. I liked your words when you said you have learned so much from your son. I feel the same way about my kids. Taught me tonnes, and also put up with my shite when I was drinking too much. Well sort of. I think when we are feeling a bit down and have to take to the couch/bed for the day, that is just one of those down days, and it happens. Just dont make a habit of doing it most days, that is all.

Anyway, no dont put my face on milk cartons. Sales will plunge.

I have been working on a paper as you all know, its a 6 year study of all things, beaches. And its killing me so I gotta get back to it. Statistician academic took off to Hawaii without reading it and is going to make me late, and the English editor is also kind of wandering off on me from time to time. Yikes! So here is a pix for y'all.

Killdeer chicks on a beach near me.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Kas,

My children and I always love the killdeer. I don't have any up on the mountain where I live but they do live in the valley below.

Feisty mama and the broken wing antics are amazing.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Kaslo that is such a sweet and touching picture. And littlepinkcat I am liking your avatar.
                  Sid

Comment

AF Daily - Thurs 1/12

Hey Ho, FABberdingles!

Better late than never.. so here I iz.
                    Still having a bit of trouble sitting but managed to put in a lot more hours today than the whole rest of the week combined.

Not sure what the weather is like for everyone else but it's a pure skating rink here. After my poor pooch landed spread eagle on the road when we were heading back from the barn I decided to forego the trip into town. Leftovers it is and who needs toilet paper anyways!?

Glad everyone is doing alright today.. Cindi, are you getting relief tomorrow?? Hope so!

Gotta get back to work.. have a happy AF evening, everyone!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X