monday 16 jan af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 16 jan af daily

Good morning all - up early ready for another day. My exercise plans need to be revised as I have re-injured my knee, I am going to ask GP to refer me to surgeon so I can talk about the operation to reconstruct the PCL - done physio/bracing. Meantime it is back to the daily strengthening exercises,cycling and pilates style classes.

The referral will take a while to come through so I want to work as hard as I can in the meantime - may get so strong it isn't needed. The op is only necessary (possibly necessary) because I want to continue with rollerderby - all other activity is ok with a slightly compromised PCL. I'm not ready to quit rollerderby.Quitting alcohol meant I was able to get really into this sport.

Focusing on the positive - I can walk/do other exercise/am healthy.
    one day at a time

monday 16 jan af daily

Good morning to everyone.
    Another freezing cold a.m. Think it is 3 degrees now, but should get into the twenties later. Yesterday the highest was 18 F and that was when we were an hour south from home.
    Had a nice brunch with my sister, her daughter and a friend--and my hubby, my chauffeur! It was nice to see my niece, who is twelve going on 21! Hadn't seen her in months.
    Now seem to have developed what seems like a bad cold with congestion. Everyone else has had it, so guess it's my turn. Will up the vitamins and supplements.
    Bear, so great that you do all that exercise! My body is aching from lack of exercise, I swear! Going to get a form signed by NP tomorrow so I can start--slowly--at the gym.

Good sober day to all!

TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Good morning Abbers!

Cold here as well!

bear, don't overdue the injured knee. Rest it first then begin some gentle movement

TDN, hope you don't get too sick, yuck! Lots of fluids to drown that virus
      Glad you enjoyed your day yesterday. Isn't it amazing how grown up 12 year olds are these days??

I'm off to Curves, missed it Friday because my grandaughter was here & wanted to have breakfast with her. Can't believe she'll be turning 1 next month.

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Morning abbers!

I am off to do my workout and then meeting a friend for coffee. Then little uni has basketball AND hockey practice - crazy evening.

Watched a bit of the Golden Globes last night but wasn't feeling so hot so I went to bed early.

Zoom zoom for me today! Hoping to get to the library at some point - out of books!

Love and hugs,

Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Hi everyone! Havent' been around MWO much lately - just busy with life. And life of course keeps changing and getting bigger which I love! My life in active addiction was very, very small. Just a tiny dark space barely big enough for me and my bottle.

Good to read that everyone is doing well and good to see some new *faces* posting the last few days! Good to see :crowned: back in action and good to get the update from M3 the (almost) yoga teacher! Big shout out to Uni, Bear, Lav, Det, Turn, Kaz, Marshy, TDN, LVT, Sunni, Wally - wow we have a big gang and I know I am missing a bunch! Hello to all.

Wrapping up year end book keeping chores. School starts tomorrow. Settled into a new exercise pattern for the rest of the winter, and also focusing on staying away from sugar! The sober life is the good life.

One thing is for sure...

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Morning Fabbies!

Boy, I really need to work on my relationship with the sleep fairy. Was still awake after 5am this morning... up to start the day by 9am. This is gonna be a looooong day, methinks!

DG, good to see you! Everyone else.. have a great day - need to zoom zoom!

One thing is for sure...
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Hi uni & the ever busy DG

Sunni, did you see Greenie's post from last night about soaking your feet in very warm water for 15 minutes before going to bed? Supposed to cure insomnia........
              I'm too chicken to try it because I know it would throw me into hours of hot flashes
              I'm doing pretty well with my herbal sleep stuff these days.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

BTW, it's an on going thing, not just an occasional night here and there (the foot soaking thing)

My mojo wandered off for a bit. Going to look for it. My holiday eating caught up with me and my jeans are tight.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Thanks Lav.. yeah, I did see Greenie's foot bath suggestion and was considering it, actually. I think last night was just a matter of 'my brain won't shut down' kinda thing, though. Yesterday was the 1st anniversary of my mom's death... lots of thoughts floating through my head all day. I hope that's all it was and there's no repeat today

Greeniebutt... my sympathies on the jeans. You know.. it may not be your fault, though... I recall a story about aliens (or other beings) visiting women overnight and exchanging their clothes for smaller ones, sometimes even going as far as adding pounds to mostly lower body areas
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Good Afternoon Abbers
                    thanks for my daily uplifting reading
                    everyone sounds so alert and happy and busy
                    there must be an alien landing site on my roof
                    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                    November 2, 2012

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

kay hi. got the poop factory description, I mean vegetation in response to bla bla done and can NOW clean my house buy food and have a LIFE.

You guys were the first to know.

Kazlo
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Kaslo;1245799 wrote: kay hi. got the poop factory description, I mean vegetation in response to bla bla done and can NOW clean my house buy food and have a LIFE.

You guys were the first to know.

Kazlo
                        What?????
                        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                        November 2, 2012

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Sorry Wally.... Translation: Kaslo has finished the 6 year retrospective of effects of ____ on vegetation of the ______ river riparian zone. a ____ publication. Fill in the blanks, or not. I seemed to have plopped out a another report,this one was a big thing, with five years of monitoring vegetation change on beaches. Its kept me pretty much tied to my office for the past month. Statistician dissapeared in Thailand, field biologist was pregnant then had baby then death in family, OTHER statistician took off for Hawaii before doing his agreed upon job, English editor could only communicate by gmail, and kept loosing stuff and wandering off, Mr Kaslo was fill in stats person and VERY grumpy about it, but its finally out the door so thats that.

Kazlo of the F north.
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

zooming in for a quick garlic-flavoured hug for all xxxxxxx

packing up for 6 days in Vegas (work) and yes it's going to be wall-to-wall booze-em-ups with all the corporate big shots. groan! taking antabuse now in preparation. I cannot let Vegas drag me down to AL town. ain't gonna happen no way, no how. so there!

Greenie, hope you find some mojo fit for a queen shortly

Kas, glad you get your life back!

Lav, 3dog, Doggy, Bear, Marshy, Mom3, Wally, Marshy, Cindi and all I've missed you all take good care,

xxxxxx
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

monday 16 jan af daily

Hi abbers,
                              Very quick post as I have no energy. I've been flat on my back since Sat. morning with a wicked stomach bug. high temps, vomiting, the runs you name it. No temp today but feel dizzy and weak every time I try to get up . I've had family and friends bringing me supplies but they can't bring the one thing i need-a way to blast this bug out! This is the first time I've even had the urge to pop open the laptop and quite truthfully I'm sweating tons and feeling very nauseaus so I'll be signing off very soon.
                              Hoping to feel better tomorrow so that I can properly join in the conversation. Haven't been able to read back so hope everyone is well.
                              :l
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X