X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Good morning Abbers!

Am I the first one up - really??

Cold, icy & more freezing rain on the way tonight, yuck!
    It is funny to see my 100+ pound dog walk around outside without breaking thru the ice cover over the snow :H

Not sure what I am doing yet today - we shall see
    Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

I am up Lav but I feel weird starting off. Thanks for doing the honours. Off to the gym for this girl. I have been bad this week. Going downtown to get my work buddy for dinner.
    Making a beef tagine thing. He gave me the tagine for Christmas. Had the pleasue of meeting Three Dog Night in chat last night. Hoping you all are well. Sid

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Fabbies!

Sounds like you have cold and icy already, lav!

Gray day here. Rain later. I should get to the wooded trail before that happens since I missed last weekend. I get sort of scattered when I'm away from the woods too long. Oh you'd noticed? Really? :H

Different guy gave me a big beautiful cabbage and I'm browsing cabbage soup recipes - be good on a day like today. He gardens organically so this may be an added bonus to my job!

Last night went to a birthday gathering at a GF house. Just GFs, really good food, and a game, and lots of laughing. One other person doesn't drink and nobody seemed to drink "a lot". When I eat above and beyond my normal foods I can really feel it the next day.

I'd comment on yesterday's thread if I could remember it. Good to see you turnip (liking that nickname) - grant on!

I think a hot bubble bath is in order.
      One thing's for sure!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

whassa tangine?
        sigpic

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

greeneyes;1249143 wrote: whassa tangine?
          Ditto! Whazzat?

Sorry, real quick check-in.. Peanut got me up at 6am (4 hours sleep pour moi) and I just put him down for his nap. And mine :H

Have a fabulous Sunday!!! One thing is for sure!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Tagine = Moroccan/North African stew
            I remembered that because I have made them in the past.

Sunni, always sleep when the little ones sleep!
            That's the only way to survive their visits :H

Sid, hope your stew is good

Greenie, I was playing on youtube last night & came across Al Green singing 'Take Me to the River' & thought of yuo of course
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

A morrocan cast iron pot shaped like a hat. Weird looking. You make stews in it.

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Hey de ho Fabbies, waking up feeling well beats the crap outta not waking up feeling well. Or not waking up! Good day to Lav, Greenie, Sunni and Sid. Sid, you make tagine? Way to go! I love middle eastern food, and make it often if I am so enclined....I usually make a lamb tagine, which is served with couscous, and boy is it good. Not too sharp but spicy and sweetened a bit with honey. It is absolutely delicious. Here is a recipe that is pretty close to what I do, which is slightly simpler. Sid, what ya going to make in your Tagine?

Lamb Tagine Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I am thinking either skating or skiing today? Which? Or maybe both?
                We have a new outdoor rink here, which is always pleasant, to skate outdoors, and please not to fall and kill self.

Kaslo
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Morning abbers!

I saw this picture and had to make it my avatar because I think it's beautiful!

Little uni has hockey again and I have pork in the crock pot - going to make pulled pork with fresh homemade bread and mashed potatoes for dinner. I will forgoe the mashed potatoes but may have to have a piece of bread!

I love feeling un hung in the mornings. Last night I went to bed feeling a little dizzy but I think it was the medication I am on. Didn't sleep all that great either but that's okay, it's Sunday. I am not planning to do a whole heck of a lot today.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and has a fabby abby Sunday!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Love that picture Uni.

I making Jamie Oliver's Beef Tagine with Prunes. I like lamb better but I got the beef on sale. I am a cheepo. I will have to try your recipe too looks so good. I make morrocan chicken with preserved lemons and olives that is to die for. Its pretty health. Want me to post it?

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Good afternoon, all!

Was up before 7:00, as usual, but didn't want to try to start this off--so thanks, Lav!!
                      So nice to find Sunni, Sid and Turnip in chat last night! I only went there once before, but was alone, so that was no fun!
                      Had a nice time at our friends last night. They know about my DUI situation, rehab, etc. The hubbies drank Diet Coke and my friend and I had ice water. I have no problem with people drinking around me, but they aren't big drinkers anyway.
                      Went to church this a.m.--great sermon, as usual--then some shopping for a few groceries and other things and a quick lunch. Hubby is getting ready to watch football, and I can read and am going to do an online AA meeting at 3:00. Later I will attempt to color my hair! Used to get it done, but haven't been able to afford that for a while.
                      Hope you all have a great AF afternoon!

TDN
                      "One day at a time."

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

YES please do post it... sounds lovely, Sid. Just back from skiing the loop at Paulson Summit, very beautiful, I love it when the trees are so loaded with snow you can hardly see the trees. The conditions were great.

kaslo
                        Kaslo

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Kaz that recipe is killer!!! I MUST give it a go! Sid I don't like olives so I won't do the honors there.
                          Kaz that's pretty amazing to me that you just go ski a loop in the afternoon.
                          Did yoga class and a quick walk in the woods to get my fix. Brrrrr!
                          sigpic

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

We are so lucky to be able to just fire the skiis in the car and drive up the hill to the cabine, then ski alpine for a couple of hours on groomed trails, visit over the fire in the cabine for a bit, talk about favorite paddling spots, very peaceful, then drive down the hill have a smokie and a hot tub and go back to reading or what ever. There are about 15 good down hill operations and resorts and about 7 good cross country trails withing 3 hours. Two are world class (Whitewater and Red Mountains) within 1 hour of our door.

We have snowmobiling, telemark skiing, helicopter skiing, lifts and t bar skiing, hotsprings, alpine hikes, snowshoe trails, some not bad restaurants, a few really quite good restaurants, golf, small aircraft clubs, kayaking, 1000s of miles of beaches, lots of lakes, white water rafting, mountainclimbing, day hikes, rock climbing, water falls, bike trails on old rail beds (i.e. flat) ice climing, camping for free and in private and provincial campgrounds, wildlife viewing, mountain biking (its heaven for mbikers) great fishing with 7 species of trout, water skiing, snowboarding, we have yoga centres, ashrams, spiritual retreats, spas, resorts, communes, saturday markets, scuba diving, cat skiing, jewelery makers, silversmiths, artist collectives, musicians, coffee houses, old hippies, young hippies, paddlewheelers....but no big stores, no chain stores, no big bookstores (a few small ones), cant buy shoes unless its hiking boots in which case there are 10 different outlets in Nelson alone. Not much in the way of theater or poetry readings, although we do have folk music festivals in the summer. Its isolated and tiny but wild and clean. and tonnes to do if you are into outdoor fitness. People come here from all over the world to see the mountains, the Monashees Selkirk, Kokanees, Bugaboos, Purcells, and of course the Rockies. On the shoulder season we can ski in the morning, bike to a cafe at noon, then go for a swim in the aftternoon, and then go for a night ski after supper, or a night skate at the outdoor rink at high elevation.

It drives me crazy because it is so quiet, but after a week in the city I am ready to come home.

Yall should plan to come to BC for a holiday. Its definetely a beautiful place to explore. I for one would like to see Boston, Chicago, New York....
                            Kaslo

Comment

AF Sunday ~ Jan 22

Stop it Kas....you're making me reeeaaaaaaalllly miss Nelson.

Otherwise all is well. Just a quick stop in before bed. I've been website writing all weekend and making slow but steady progress.

Oh and I'm 3 months AF.

Happy days...
                              Bean

Comment

Working...
                              X