Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January Jewels - Week 4

Good morning Jewlels

How can it be week 4 already? I cannot believe how fast the weeks are going.

Hope everyone survived the week-end. Did not get near the computer at all yesterday so I am going to have coffee and a catch up when I get the school run over.

Just thought I would start us off on the final week of our January journey. Any ideas for February names?

Rustop

January Jewels - Week 4

February Fatsos :H :H

Just kidding, no one is fat here, we are all perfect

Time really is flying by but that's just getting us closer to Spring & I'm OK with that.
    Starting my day off with a trip to Curves of course. I actually feel guilty when I miss a day.
    The temp is rising causing a strange look fog to rise up from the ice/snow out there. Just heard it's going to 50 degrees today!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Good morning, Jewels, and thank you so much for starting us off on week 4, R59. I cannot believe how fast this month is going. Zoom, zoom!

We visited with our new neighbors on Saturday and they are absolutely delightful. The Mr. drives a semi for a living and the Mrs. is going to be a stay at home Mom. Her due date is tomorrow! How exciting. We'll have a little one in the neighborhood. This couple is from Romania and the Mr. speaks very broken english. The Mrs. is picking it up much better. It was very nice getting to know them.

February Fatsos fits, at least in my case! :H But maybe we should challenge ourselves to get Fit in February. Is there a possible title there?

Cheerio!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Good morning...

I just figured out that I blew my first day on Weight Watcher, via the online tracker. good thing I spent the time to enter my data. No wonder I am not where I want to be! I exercised for 20 minutes, so feel better. I think fitness in February will be my goal.

Fabulous, fantastic, I can't think of anything else. I need a dictionary.

Dill, how nice to have new neighbors, they sound interesting.

rustop, thanks for starting us off for the week.

Lav, please, no fatso, I am calling myself that anyway. Food, the final frontier. Curves is now a habit for you, I just need to get into new habits. My dear friend called me this morning to encourage me, I really appreciated it.

Isn't this a tough time of year up North? I now officially hate winter. Woke up to thunder storms and lightening, later today snow. How gloomy. I have to figure a way to get cheered up.

Have a good day, I am off to get ready for work. I need to get out of the house.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

February FITsos
          That's a little more positive, encouraging, etc.
          I purchased a walking program already downloaded on an MP3 player. I intend to use it on the days I don't go to Curves so that means starting tomorrow!!!! I hope it becomes habit just like Curves.

Dill, your new neighbors sound interesting. Don't you wonder how they wound up next door to you? Maybe the universe has a plan

Star, food diaries end up boring me instead of motivating me
          I hope you get better results in the motivation dept. I really don't think my eating is all that bad.......I just need to move around more. Well, we shall see!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Hi Star, I agree with you. I am beginning to hate winter too. :upset: It will pass, we just have to hang in there. Did you actually join Weight Watchers or are you just doing the point system and going it on your own? Have you ever done weight watchers before?

Lav, I think maybe the universe does have a plan. Perhaps these young people will fill some of the void I have because of my daughter and grand baby living so far away in New Orleans. This young woman is a breath of fresh air and is a lot like my daughter. The is exactly her age, too.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Evening Gang

If you need a leader to head up the anit-winter campaign, im your woman!
              I've had it with waking in the dark, walking in the dark, driving in the dark and coming home in the dark, and thats even before I get started on the cold and rain :soapbox: (rant over)

Enough of the Fatsos girls :H remember the law of attraction :egad:
              How about Fearless February, February Faithfuls or February Family?

SD - a big hug coming your way, music makes be cry all the time, I swear im worse now im AF

Cyn - I love "release the situation that no longer belongs in your life" I also say "release the things that no longer serve us". I actually had to speak again today to the f-wit ex and for the 1st time ever I came away feeling like an empowered Woman! This is a real shift for me and I finally finally think that pedastal is gone after 23 years. I may be poor but im liberated!! :cheering:

Star - I would love to go back to school and do a counselling course but where I live there arent even any colleges with night school, id need to be nearer the city for that. I dont intend to stay here so watch this space

Sending you all much love this chilly Monday night.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Hey, there you go Dill
                You can be a big help for your new neighbors & fulfill your granny urges at the same time

This dampness has started to settle into my aging bones ~ ouch!
                The rain is melting the snow (which is good) but really leaves you feeling chilled to the bone.

Chill, I'm glad you are tossing out the old, useless stuff, feelings & emotions included!
                It is liberating :yay:
                I hope you land softly in a warm, sunny place
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Thanks, Rustop for starting us out - how are you doing with just the one dog now? I know it took me a long time to get over losing my male, even when I had his sweet sister there by my side.

Star - are you OK? You sound impatient with yourself, I hope you mix in a little gentleness too. Of course it is all about habits; if I could get myself to do anything at the same time each day all would be so much easier...

Chill - BRAVA to you! You sound very impressive, feeling strong after talking to Mr No-Goodnik. You are claiming your life, I feel sure you will be rewarded.

Lav - definitely a time for the smudge stick, good idea.

Rusty - thank you for your post on the co-worker. It explains a lot about a situation my HB has had to endure for years with a former employee, very troubling. Cassia - in my HB's situation, what Rusty has said is absolutely true; trying to fight it was like adding kerosene to a burning fire. I am reminded of the phrase 'what you resist persists...'.

RE: Feb names, I like Fearless. I am so into this water Dragon year idea that I would love to see a strong name to kick start our plans for ourselves...also 'Fierce' would be a contender.

Sped - helloooooo! Would love to hear from you....

Have a good night all, stay warm and dry -
                  to the light

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Fearlessly Fierce Fitsos:H :H :H :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Good Evening Jewels,

I am in the totally-ugly-state of Oklahoma. Flat, brown. UGH.....but working with a close and funny friend of mine. He got all GREEN on the exam last year....I knew he would...he's brilliant....and I asked him for help in studying for this bastard of an exam. So, he happily said he would be glad to do so.

Dill-I loved your description of meeting your new neighbors....they sound so sweet. And to have a newborn in the neighborhood....how fun. I bet you miss your daughter and the grandkids. I know my mom would.

Fabulous February... Frenzied February, Fulfilling February, Fantastic February, Fantastic AF February, February Freedom, Fornicating February (just kidding)...ok, I'm out of ideas now.

Back to work....have a fabulous AF Monday night!

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Fitting and Free in February? Focus on February? Focused February

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Hi all

I was thinking February Fabbies seeing as we are so super fabulous.

Anyway, had my meeting today, all of fifteen minutes. It was utterly bizarre - he went on this whole introduction about how the team worked together so well and would say something and laugh and then say something else but basically he ended up saying - i heard things, I am not going to talk in specifics but if you have an issue with any of my team you come to me. Which was bizarre because I thought they had the issue with me. So then my boss jumped in and this argument ensued which wasn't actually about me. So when they finished, i said that i had been advised that there was an issue in the way I was dealing with his team and that if he couldn't provide me specifics then I didn't know how I could improve. I also said if specific people have an issue it would be good to sit down and discuss it. But he doesn't want me to sit down with them and talk specifics because then it is too much analyzing - just that if I have a problem I should speak to him. So then my boss is like well, how can you resolve this if you won't give us specifics. How can you corroborate what you are saying and he was like, well if I tell you that I heard something or someone said something then that should be enough. He was like, I don't want you talking about customers (hello - where did that come in?) or critiquing his team. So at this point, I said, listen, I can't comment on anything if you can't give me specific examples. I can only say that I have not been cognizant of talking about customers or critiquing anyone. All I can do is apologize and be more mindful going forward. So he nodded and said he didn't want to give specifics because it grows arms and legs. So I said that my manager and I would be sitting down and doing my development plan and I want to make changes where appropriate so if he didn't feel comfortable telling me the specifics then could he please tell my boss or even her boss. Oh and the other really strange thing was that he said he knew there was an issue because when he asks an RM something and he hesitates then he knows that there is an issue. To which my manager was like, so you ask your team member a question, he hesitates and automatically you assume that it must be a problem with my team member.

So I kinda worried about not a lot. Once he said that he was going to talk in vagues I relaxed. It was weird, I was so calm and collected and said what I had to say, stick what I had prepared (i.e., keep asking for specifics) and that was it. He got totally irate, loud and kinda abusive. So I am feeling pretty proud of myself. We will see if he comes back with anything. Also, I am avoiding him like the plague now.

Big wave to everyone - off to read back.
                          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Fierce February; Fit February, Focused February. I like them all!

Rusty-how nice your friend is willing to tutor you! Yea!!

Chill-you go girl!! I bet your ex noticed the difference in your tone and attitude. So proud of you!! What about online courses? Someone on the daily thread is doing an addiction counselor degree totally online.

Dill-what a nice surprice to meet such great new neighbors!!! Have fun with the wee one!

Star-I hate Tstorms normally but when they happen in the dead of winter they REALLY freak me out!

Lav-what walking program did you download?

Despite locking myself out of my car this morning, it was a very good day. I was so happy to go into work knowing all my new transfers were finally taken care of this weekend. Now I just have to work on cleaning out my In box but nothing terribly time sensitive. Looking forward to the rest of the week and especially agility on Wed.!!
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

xpost Cass! Good on ya kid!! Hope it all gets better from here on forward!!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X