January Jewels - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January Jewels - Week 4

Well I?m feeling worse tonight than I was yesterday, I didn?t sleep well last night because I just couldn?t breathe so I sat propped up most of the night. I came home early today and slept all afternoon but don?t feel any better for it and I feel quite asthmatic and wheezy. I?ve managed to get an appointment with the respiratory nurse tomorrow morning at 8:15 before her clinic starts so hopefully that will help. I?m very weary of this

Okay off to bed with a book and a lemsip.

Dewdrop :h
    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Dew! Gosh, so sorry about how you are feeling. I'm relieved that you will be seeing a nurse tomorrow - sounds like it's time to get to the bottom of this. I sympathize; a couple of weeks ago I had a few nights where I just couldn't breathe, and it was completely miserable. I hope you get better sleep tonight.

Rusty - I'm glad to know that there is someone else in the US that is not an Oprah watcher - not that I object to her, but since I don't do TV, I just have never seen her (ditto Seinfeld, etc). Anyway, I'm sorry that I'm trotting out old info for most of you, but glad if it is new to some. The link I gave you is of a presentation Dr Jill gave to TED talking about the day of the stroke and the aftermath.

Sooty - so sorry about your dog, those times are so hard.

LBH - the tomato story is right up there with hiding under the table during the silent auction...love it.

Thanks everyone, hope you all have a peaceful night...
      to the light

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Hi Jewels,
        I am not a fan of Oprah and for me both Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and Anita Moorjani are new. Thank you Cyn and Chill for pointing us toward those sites and their stories.
        Rusty, I cannot believe you remember something I said about my son on this thread so long ago. I thank you for thinking of me and my family and being such a support.
        I thank you ALL for that!
        Dew, I hope you start feeling better. Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest.:l
        Star, my journey is going well. It's not easy though and I won't pretend that it is. But it does seem easier in some ways than it was when I first started this journey when I joined MWO in 2009. Those were very difficult times indeed!
        LBH, R509, Papmom, Lav, Soots, Cassia, SD, Everyone, have a great af night.:h
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Hi Dill, I am so glad you are here tonight. Sooty, I am sorry your dog?s health is waning. Even within the context of all life forms being impermanent and fragile, dogs have such relatively short times here, a factor that stands in marked contrast with the depth of their characters. Ms. Dew, I really feel for you also and am glad you are going to get help with your breathing, I know how uncomfortable it can be as I had childhood asthma and a medication induced return a couple of years ago, I could hardly bear it. Rusty, I am thinking about you everyday studying away and am glad you are finding the challenge more stimulating and enjoyable this time around, get ?em Tiger. Cyn, et. al. I loved Dr. Taylor! While I have appreciated for many years that nature/illness/injury gives us incidental ?preparations? that one could never get in a laboratory to study brain function (unless one is very, very bad:H), it never ever (ever) occurred to me until the last year or so that I would be thinking of neuroscience in terms of spirit. You guys are magic. Scary good even. Love, Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

January Jewels - Week 4

Good evening Jewels,

Can't believe tomorrow is February - yikes!
            My grandaughter Lily will turn 1 on the 26th

I was supposed to be watching the grandsons tonight but they never arrived - guess my DIL changed her plans & forgot to inform me

Dewdrop, I sure hope you are provided with a good bronchodilator - sounds like you really need some help. Take care!

Chill, hope your half hour of comedy is good

Rusty, taking care of that neck, right?? Don't sit in one position for too long

Sooty, sorry about your dog! I believe they do appreciate the care we give them.
            Enjoy your visit with your friend, sounds nice!

LBH, I continue to learn something everyday. Dr Taylor's description of her incident sounded so familiar to me.....some of what she described experiencing I experienced too when I fractured my skull & had a craniotomy to remove the large blood clot (ugh). I went unconsciously immediately & didn't know a thing until I started 'coming to' postoperatively. It took several days for me to understand what happened to me 11 years later I still can't sort out some things I remember - were they real or hallucinations (related to trauma, anesthesia, morphine & steroids).

Dill, you know that we are all on the same page here, have been when you are right now in your journey. Glad you are feeling more positive this time!

cyn, did you have the warm weather today? It hit 61 degrees - yay!

Hello to everyone else & have a good night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X