X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday January 9th

Good morning all,

Just a quick one to open todays thread.
    I've been reading right through the boards this morning, and it never fails to amaze me what a fantastic and important place this is.
    The support here is unbelivable...I was reading about Eustacia over on Mods with all her problems at the moment...and Irishlady on general who has just hit her 100 day mark...There are highs and lows all over the boards...But good or bad the important thing is that we are all there for eachother...I'm trying my best not to sound corney but its difficult...
    Anyway,i just wanted to say to everyone keep up the good work...

And have a great day...Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Tuesday January 9th

Morning to all,

This is another quick note to start things off. Today is Day 9 AF for me. No topa for last week or so and it's been okay. There is snow on the ground today - very pretty. Of course, I've not yet tried to drive in the stuff. I am hoping that everyone who hit bumps yesterday is feeling better.

Happy abs day to all ... hugs,
    Pansy

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Isn't this a great place?

:goodjob:

Day fifteen and counting. Hvae a wonderful day everyone. I am from Northern Indiana and we have barely had any snow this year. Less then I have seen in my fifty years. I hope it stays this way for a couple of months and then warms up.
      Abs away.

Birdman

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Mornin' Glories! Just checking in...
        Mack's-very well said, indeed!
        H i Pansy..be careful today.
        Hello to all to come...
        Birdman..Happy 15th day...one of my favorite numbers!
        I'm not posting as much as I used to but I read what I can daily and relie on the MWO boards to remember where I've been and where I want to be.
        Live is cooperative this week...I feel a lot of energy around reconnecting with family and friends. It seems I've been in my own little world the last few years..self indulging in my transitions...not a bad thing but not somewhere I want to get stuck in..so I'm grateful for that. I feel that parts of myself are coming back to life that have been dormant for a while. I contribute some of this to being AF for almost 3 months, some to the exercise and good food I've been eating..but much to the humility that I've acquired...of course, there is always much room for more humility as I have an ego the size of Manhatten, but ...well, it is humbling to feel it. Have a lovely day all and good luck on your Abs!
        Namaste!
        Dianne

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Good Morning to all as well. I'm beginning to count in weeks now. This is my 5th AF week. Six weeks ago, I would never have dreamed I could do it. I posted earlier in Long Term Abstinence on Giving Thanks.

You're right Macks, MYO is an important place. It's a place of hope and possibilities.

I hope and wish for us all.

And my thanks,

Capto

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Mornin Macks, Pansy, Birdman and Dilayne!

Definitely no snow here in Georgia- and hopefully no more tornados either. My doves have come back - they have a nest in my backyard (back stoop) between the rain gutter and my house. This family has been there for over two years now. I've seen three sets of babies born back there - learn to fly and then leave home. Then about 2-3 months ago they left. I read in my little town newsletter that someone had shot several doves nearby so I feared the worst ( and perhaps that was true). But I'm happy to say I have a couple who have taken up residence with me again. I hear them out there now cooing - I like the sound mourning doves make. And the cats love watching them too!
            Speaking of kitties....if you would please say a little prayer for my little boy kittie - Tucker- I would appreciate it. Took him to the vet last night. He was dehydrated and just not feeling well at all. Vet ran some blood tests which I will hear back about today. I thought he would be feeling better this morning but he has still not eaten or had anything to drink. Poor little guy - just not feeling well at all. thanks for that:h

Everyone have a great Tuesday.
            Lisa

Hi Capto....posting at the same time.

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

okay guys, I am still having issues with quiting, I am at the point I think I am going to ask my doctor to prescribe topa off label for migraines and keep the drinking thing out of my file, if she says no i will find another doctor who will. I am going to call to schedula an appointment today. I think I am going to tell her about the website too so if she is shy about prescribing she can see all the successes.
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Good morning to this growing municipality of Absville,
                Did not have much time to post yesterday as my service provider decided to mop the dust bunnies out of our system. I am officially starting day 9 and am feeling wonderful about it.
                Like Dianne said, I too am slowly re-emerging into the real life and what do I find? Piles and piles of work that did not get done because I couldn't stay awake long enough. Ah well, it will get done now. It's a small price to pay for sobriety.
                Just came back from reading Louises post over at General. It was so wonderful about being able to be thankful for just being oneself. A sober day is a good day.
                This morning I looked out my office window as the suns' first rays twinkled through the bare branches outside. Our winter this year was a frightening reminder of global warming in action. A spider had been tricked into making a fresh web outside my window. Last night we had some frost and a trickling of real snow. The spiders web was made visible by tiny little frozen droplets of water that sparkled in the sun like a million diamonds. It was such a beautiful sight. I just stood there, holding my coffee mug and in utter delight and awe I smiled to myself like an idiot. It made me so happy.
                Didn't somebody say that if you can see beauty in the small things the big things will take care of themselves.
                To all of you have a wonderful day and let me thank you for your continued support - simply just for being here.
                Love Lori.
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Good morning to this growing municipality of Absville,
                  Did not have much time to post yesterday as my service provider decided to mop the dust bunnies out of our system. I am officially starting day 9 and am feeling wonderful about it.
                  Like Dianne said, I too am slowly re-emerging into the real life and what do I find? Piles and piles of work that did not get done because I couldn't stay awake long enough. Ah well, it will get done now. It's a small price to pay for sobriety.
                  Just came back from reading Louises post over at General. It was so wonderful about being able to be thankful for just being oneself. A sober day is a good day.
                  This morning I looked out my office window as the suns' first rays twinkled through the bare branches outside. Our winter this year was a frightening reminder of global warming in action. A spider had been tricked into making a fresh web outside my window. Last night we had some frost and a trickling of real snow. The spiders web was made visible by tiny little frozen droplets of water that sparkled in the sun like a million diamonds. It was such a beautiful sight. I just stood there, holding my coffee mug and in utter delight and awe I smiled to myself like an idiot. It made me so happy.
                  Didn't somebody say that if you can see beauty in the small things the big things will take care of themselves.
                  To all of you have a wonderful day and let me thank you for your continued support - simply just for being here.
                  Love Lori.
                  *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Am a little daft today. First I post the same post twice and then I delete both. dah! Well, here it is again.
                    Good morning to this growing Municipality of Absville,
                    Didn't post much yesterday as my server was down on and off.

Just wanted to share that I am on day 9 AF and am jubilantly happy.

Before this I was reading Louises post over at General. It was so inspiring and yes it is wonderful to just being able to enjoy being and having a content day all by oneself.

As Dianne mentioned, I am slowly re-emerging into the real life and what do I find, piles and piles of work labeled "procrastination". It is work I could not get around to doing, because I could not stay awake long enough to tackle it. Well, it will get done somehow; it's a small price to pay for sobriety.

I was looking out my office window this morning, just as the suns' first rays twinkled through the bare branches outside. We have had a winter that is a frightening testament to global warming in action. A spider had been tricked into building a web outside. Last night we had some frost and a meager smattering of snow. The spiders web was made visible by uncountable little droplets of frozen water and the sun reflected in them and made them look like a million sparkling diamonds. I just stood there, holding my coffee mug, and delighted in this brief light show of nature. I still have that smile on my face.
                    Did not somebody say that if one can be delighted by the little things in life, the big ones will take care of themselves. Ahhhhhhhhhh, it's so good to be alive.
                    All you wonderful people have an equally wonderful day and thank you just for being here.
                    Love Lori

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

does anyone know how long the topa takes to kick in.
                      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Good morning

Day 11 here. Finally feeling some comfort in my sobriety. Starting to just roll along with feeling healthier, stonger and mentally alert. I am so blessed to have found this site. I spent a great deal of yesterday on here not because I was struggling, but because my little one is ill and slept most of the day. I had a lot of time on my hands and the old saying is "idle hands are the Devils playground." I didn't want to be bored and obsess about drinking. So thanks to you all for being here and posting, and giving me something to read that keeps me in check! Also, sorry about my ba-zillion posts! I was in a weird headspace yesterday too!

To another day of AF!

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

I am on day 7 here. I am not feeling overly comfortable yet - will that ever come? I fnid the weeks ok but i am having some anxiety/panic issues lately which is really strange because i used to only get that after a hangover. Can anyone relate? I am hoping things calm down...
                          On the other hand, I am back on topa now, going up to 50mg today. I am also starting on celexa again (I went off in November thinking I didnt need it - clearly I do). Sigh. Can a couple of binges over the holidays really bring you back to square 1??
                          Love you all
                          Jen
                          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

I am on day 7 here. I am not feeling overly comfortable yet - will that ever come? I fnid the weeks ok but i am having some anxiety/panic issues lately which is really strange because i used to only get that after a hangover. Can anyone relate? I am hoping things calm down...
                            On the other hand, I am back on topa now, going up to 50mg today. I am also starting on celexa again (I went off in November thinking I didnt need it - clearly I do). Sigh. Can a couple of binges over the holidays really bring you back to square 1??
                            Love you all
                            Jen
                            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Okay, as many of you know i am sucking at this quiting on my own thing, so here is my plan...I have to run a long run on saturday, so i cannot drink friday night b/c of that. I am going to try to make it through monday in which i have a doctors appointment and i am going to ask for the topa. I really want this demon gone, but find the supplements are not enough to get me going, but then again i haven't been taking them for that long, also if anyone knows how long the topa takes to kick in i would appreciate it. I think this weekend I will just have to stay on here all weekend to avoid going to the store. i know if i make it through 3 days af fri-mon that i can continue...thanks for listening guys.
                              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X