Tuesday January 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday January 9th

I was just looking at my O - Oprah magazine - and a ad card dropped out. Guess what? It was for a free trial offer for Topomax...oh, I see it still says you need a prescription. But if you have one this is an offer for 42, 25mg tablets.
    Thought I'd mention it.

Lisa

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

newgrl, take a look at my other reply to your post in General about how long the topa takes to kick in...
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Hi folks.
        Day 13 for me. That is my record equalled. I did 13 days last time and spoiled it.
        Not this time though. I am confident that tomorrow will see a new record, and from then, onwards and upwards......
        I hope everyone else is having a fine day.

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Thanks to all for posting I read these forums every day and don't post often- but do appreciate all of you. I am on day 10 AF and thankfully have felt wonderful.

Blessing and thanks to all of you!
          :https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...heartbeat.gifh

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

I need help with my math.

I drank after midnight mass until about 2:30. I have been bone dry since. What day am I on, officially?

Newgirl, my doctor gave me a free trial of topa. I took it for a few days before I even started loosing the urge and continued to drink for probably four days or so with drugs and supps before I quit. If I can do it. Anyone can do it. Good luck with the race.

You are going to make it.

Birdman

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Congrats Rivergirl and Birdman! Keep up the good work!

And Hi!! to everyone else.

I'm just finishing rearranging furniture into what I hope is the final arrangement!:fingers: It feels good to have gotten that out of the way. Now when I file my papers, I can rest assured that I won't be having to move a heavy filing cabinet to yet ANOTHER place! The living room feels much more open. (I bought several low filing cabinets, and moved them into my office space and moved the piano into the dining room, where there is room for it.) There was lots of vacuuming and dusting to be accomplished while all this was going on, as well.

I want things to be in place so that I can focus on my internal state when I commit to ABS again, because I know that having my external surrounding in a mess definitely stresses me out internally, so the more I can do NOW to get things in order on the outside, the better off I'll be come next week when attempt ABS again.

I had dinner with a friend/colleague last night, and she provided a lot of good feedback about where I'm at these days. One thing that she said is that I am going to have to be more honest with my sister about some of my frustrations with her. I've been tiptoeing around on some issues because I've been aware that she is depressed, but meanwhile, I've been getting angry with her about some things, and not dealing with it. Not a good thing, obviously.

Anyway, I'm going on and on about me, me, me. Sorry about that. It just helps me a lot to get my thoughts out there.

I hope that everyone is doing well and moving toward their goals. Now, it's off to the shower!

Love,

Kathy:l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Hi everyone!
                Jenn, it DOES get easier, you must believe that!
                Hi Kathy..go on and on about you dear, everyone should take their turn. I'm glad you got to have dinner with your friend and that she provided some good feedback. Sounds like the organizing is going to help a lot. I've been doing that for about 2 months now, and it DOES help so much..just doing it helps so much, but the end result is peace.
                Congrats to all the AF days Paul and Rivergirl!
                Lisa, intersting about the topamax promo in Oprah..does it talk about migraines, seizures or what? Does it mention alcohol? Curious.
                I'm bored at work..it's been very slow, so now I'm inputting phone numbers in my cell phone (which is 3 years old! ) :0)
                I've lost 6 pounds in the last few weeks on my new weight loss program..YAY!

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Day13

Yipee... day 13 for me
                  even after a depressing evening last night.
                  The support here is fantastic, and the thought of having to go back to day1 again really spurs me to be strong.
                  I am feeling so clear headed and focused.
                  I am just so happy to be here.
                  Lots of love to everyone
                  Changeling

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Wow D congrats on the weight loss - care to share the new program details?
                    Changeling - keep on going! You rock! You and Paul are on the same day!

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Hi Jenneh,
                      thanks! Well, the diet is fairly radical for some folks, it's an old but updated diet from the early 80s, but one that my husband and I have done together to clean up our acts...The Beverly Hills Diet...I'm following it loosely but trying to go by her combining theory...tons of fruits and veggies with protein days interspersed. I feel great after doing it, like I've done a cleansing fast..my skin looks great and the weight is dropping off...(I gained about 12 pounds last year I want to get rid of)

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Yipee Changeling! You are doing really great..day 13 means almost 2 weeks! woo hoo!

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Hi Di-
                          the add talks about topomax as a treatment for migranes. But it just says to bring your perscription to the pharmacy along with this card and you will get it for free.
                          Thought if someone was already taking it perscribed from a dr - this could at least aleviate the cost one refill .

Congrats Changling!! 13 is awesome:goodjob:
                          Lisa

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Hey all,
                            No news to post, just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm on Day 9 after my holiday wine-routine. But, I'm feeling good. As a matter of fact, now that I know more of how I am "really feeling"... I've gotta admit, I'm tired and ready for bed. As many have said before, coming home in the evenings and having something to eat helps with the cravings, but nothing can beat feeling really tired and choosing to go to bed a little earlier than usual. Ahh... life's simples' pleasures. So, goodnight from this Euro part of the world.
                            take care, Olly

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

Yay Olly
                              We are so proud of you
                              Jen

Comment

Tuesday January 9th

A really up-beat board today......Well done everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X