lapsed on day 7 unhelpful friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lapsed on day 7 unhelpful friends

hello, well I did almost 7 days. I was out for a friend's birthday and lasted 8 hours without drinking or smoking.Then I lapsed. Drank about a bottle of wine I think and felt awful the next day.
    awful because I was hungover but even worse because i felt I'd failed again, that I am out of control and that really really scares me.
    I now don't know what to do whether to try for moderation or abstinence for a month.
    I had half a bottle of wine last night which I'm ok with but am planning alcohol free days until Sunday.

I find that some of my friends were really encouraging me to drink and smoke - I know it's still my responsibility and I'm not blaming them but I'm not happy with the idea that they may be trying to sabotage me changing.
    I know sometimes that scares people, makes them think about changes they may want to make but don't. I also think along with that and very significantly I'm scared of not fitting in and that's why I lapsed.
    Also whenever I say I'm trying to reduce what i drink and I'm concerned about how much I drink they don't really get it (mainly because there are some people in our group who are probably physically depndent, and compared to them I'm not doing too bad- but I don't want to get to that point and I'm scared I might)
    I think it may be best not to tell people as i think it raisesd my anxiety about failing,not fitting in and for whatever reason they don't get it.

Any advice very welcoem on how to mange the friends thing and also on how you assess which path you go down, abstinence or moederation.
    I haven't bought the book yet and I have CDs for stop smoking and drinking less alreay but with trying to exercise etc I don't have time.
    one day at a time
Working...
X