Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Tuesday, January 31

Good morning, dear Abbers!
    Been up since 5:30, as I fell asleep on the sofa at 7:30!! Planned to take a nap, then wake up to watch Intervention, but just went from sofa to bed. Have no idea why I was so tired. Poor hubby asked me if something had upset me at my women's meeting--I must have looked the way I often did while drinking and hiding it from him!
    I hope things go better for many of you today. Hope you don't have the flu, LVT. Uni, so sorry about the insurance thing. Hope it works out for you. Sunni, glad Atlas is better, but what's that about Mr Wonderful? I will need to get into chat and maybe get to know everyone better. Greenie, sounds like filing taxes electronically can cause problems. We have an accountant do ours, and I have put off doing my expense list for my independent rep job. I used to drink whenever I'd try to get those caught up. I'll have a cup of herbal tea this time! Pap3, didn't hear from you yesterday, so hope you catch us up today on the job situation.
    I'm listening to the NH channel and they are doing the news update. We've had reports of numerous break ins in this area, but this one is one of the craziest I have ever heard! Many people put up bob houses for ice fishing all around the lake. Well, guess what? Break ins in many of them, with thieves stealing all kinds of personal things, some worht a lot of money! Mr TDN will have fun with this one when he wakes up! We never used to lock our doors--in fact, I had no idea where to find the key!!--but we do now when we go out. Last week in a town on the seacoast, a home was burlarized and the robbers shot the family's dog. She was a pitbull, reportedly the sweetest thing, but I'm sure the idiots figured she was vicious and shot her. She died at the vet's office. How sick.
    Well, off to check the fire. Hope the coffee is to your liking this a.m.!!
    Have a great AF day, all!

TDN
    "One day at a time."

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the startup again TDN - you're doing a great job
    Sounds like you are catching up on sleep & that's a wonderful thing!

I live in a rural country area, not much action around here except for an escaped horse or goat:H
    But, in the past few years there have been two break-ins right here on my road - one directly across from me I really depend on my security system & my Piggy Swissy for security so the idiots will leave me & my house alone.

Temp is supposed to reach 60 degrees today & tomorrow before falling back into the 40's
    Sounds good to me!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning AFers. I don't often post on this thread, but I read it regularly. So good to see everyone doing so well.
      I live in a high crime area, motion sensor lights all around the little cottage and all the neighbours are vigilant. But I still lock the doors. Funny what you get used to. I probably drive the neighbours crazy because the dog and cats set the lights off all night long!
      Hope everyone has a great day!
      My coffee is fresh and yummy.
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

Hello Fablanders!

Wow... you people with locking doors and whatnot! That's how we tell the tourists from the locals here! :H

Nothing exciting planned for today... just work 'n stuff. Must be off! Have a grand day and one thing is for sure...
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi everyone, esp Wally! Security is tight here as well. Someone once tried to break into my daughters bedroom window from across the roof, when she was home alone in bed with no clothes on. The guy hopped on my husbands ten speed bike and took off with it when she screamed at him. We got the bike back but we found on closer inspection that lots of things had gone steadily missing. Including one brazen theft of a snowblower! Guy backed his pickup up the driveway, used a sheet of heavy plywood we had to load it on his truck, got the key of the nail inside the kitchen door and poof. Who would steal a snowblower? (We think that last one was the housekeepers boyfriend, she denied it, but Ive been cleaning my own house since then as a result). There are a lot of drug addicted people out there desparate for money of any kind. There are more pawnshops here that you can shake a stick at. One enterprizing family had a son who was notorious for B&Es and his father owned a shop. Nice little family business. The police finally cracked down on them a few years back but it was quite a racket. If something goes missing go to one or the other of the shops in town, thats where the ten speed was.

I used to have a heart for drug addicts and people in trouble but no more.

Anyway, Mr Kaslo has phoned to say he will join me here, for the weekend, and is flying down on Friday, back on Monday. Who hooo!

Kaslo of the not so frozen north.
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Quiet day in Abber-hood - where is everyone?

Hello to wally, Sunni & Kaslo
            Hello to everyone - hope everyone is having a good evening!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

whew!

hidy ho Threedog, Lavande, Wally, Kaslo, Sunshine

I've been insanely busy and inundated with some bad luck. Dx transmission blew yesterday, refrigerator conked out today, fence blew down and a few other crazy things. jeepers! but being AF I can maintain my superhero persona of 'Garlic Man' and endure just fine. (insert cheesy superhero music here).

security is always tight at the Det house! details classified

hope you all are having an inspiring and healthy AF week. hugs and spicy burritos for everyone

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X