Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Thursday, February 9

Good morning, Abbers.
    Coffee tastes really good today. I never drink coffee after the morning blast, but really look forward to it.
    Bud is so much better today. BUT--Mr TDN was up for a few hours around 3:00 with vomitting and diarrhea. I didn't realize it until I got up at 6:00. Hopefully he'll be better later. Have a therapist appt and then flower shop today, and he is my driver!
    Was supposed to help at the shop yesterday, but saw that I had a voicemail as we pulled into the parking lot, and it was from the shop. They were still slow with the phones, so asked that I come today instead. No problem, as I got to go to the last 40 minutes of my AA meeting.
    I never win anything, but won two tickets to tomorrow night's UNH hockey game against Northeastern. This was on NH Daily Deal on Facebook. Hubby is a big sports fan, but hockey isn't big on his list. I asked a guy from AA and he was thrilled to have the tickets. He and his wife love hockey and will make an evening of it. Just hope the tickets arrive today or tomorrow as they promised. I have plenty of time to enter contest, etc. now :H
    Glad to see everyone posting yesterday and hope you are all back today!
    Pap, that DD sounds like he has quite the mind of his own! What is the name of the book you ordered?
    Have a great AF day!!

TDN
    "One day at a time."

Fannies!

Brrrrrr! Hard to imagine last sunday outside in shorts and tee shirt.
    TDN, hope both your guys get sorted soon!

Good to see you kas!

Cindi, be safe travelling!

DG, I know you're SO looking forward to your vacation! We need to get extra popcorn.

Turnip, good post yesterday! Any word on the grant?

Inchy, are we celebrating an AF day under your belt? I hope so!

Thas all I can remember, so big hey-ho to everyone!

My unlimited yoga month pass runs out today. Bummer.

This showed up in my in-box today.
    There is perhaps no more empowering belief, greenie, than understanding you're always in control of how you feel.

8:00 & you know what that means!

One thing's for sure....
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Gooood Morning Fabber Abbers,

A warm and sunny day unfolding in Northern VA.

3DN. I hope your dog continues to improve. They are such amazingly loyal and loving creatures. I truly feel that humans are better off because of dogs!

Greenie, I thought of you on Sunday when I was hiking the Billy Goat Trail right outside of DC. It is an amazingly beautiful hike along the Potomac river. The next time you visit your sis, let's go for a hike there!

Billy Goat Trail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kas, Congrats on your approaching 1 year of being AF. Keep coming back and keep talking straight. The quote that Greenie posted this morning is so fitting for all of us. "There is no more empowering belief than understanding you're always in control of how you feel." I look at the world around us and see how there are so many people who are just struggling to survive because of war, poverty, violence, famine, etc. I feel as if I've been given a second chance at life and want to live my AF life to the fullest!!!

P3. Feel Better!!! Lots of yucky stuff going around. One of my girls has a cold that keeps hanging on; the other had a stomach virus for 2 days. The third, well, no germ dares to live in her body!

Cinders, good to see you hear fighting the good fight.

Sunni, Your horses are just absolutely gorgeous. My oldest daughter and I would be in seventh heaven in your barn. Wish we could just pop over.

DG. Have a wonderful time in T and C. You deserve it.

Was offerred a substitue teaching position at the yoga studio today. Will also be doing an apprenticeship. So, it looks like I am on my way to being a part time yoga teacher. This will support my yoga habit. There is NO WAY that I would have been able to do this 4 years ago.

Uni, Lav, Det (where's Det?), Turn Again, Inchie, LVT, Marshy :l and :h Who did I forget?

I know I am not around here as much but I think of everyone often.

M3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Hey fABbies!!! I just spent a bit of time while shoveling breakfast to at least catch up on the last couple days. Shout outs to everyone!

Sunni - that must have been scary with the horses out. Glad you got them back safely. My Mom had two horses several years ago who somehow busted through the fence and they were both hit by cars. One died on the side of the road and the other was taken to the University of Illinois, but there was too much damage and they had to put him down. That was a very very sad time for our family and I'm really really glad nothing like that happened for you. :upset:

TDN - the post I started with had Bud not eating. I was so happy to read that things took a turn for the better! I too am loving your peaceful and positive and honest approach to things. The universe loves that.

Kas, everyone has to start where they are. There is a treatment concept called the Johari Window. (would probably come up on google for anyone interested in more) ALL of us have blind spots. We may be blind about different things, but all of us have them. I realize I have spent a lot of time in the past getting frustrated when I think people don't see what I see. I am learning that everyone has to come around to seeing all that is in their window in their own time. And that includes me - I always have to remember that while I am seeing in others what they don't see in themselves, there are things in me that I don't see in myself. Just some food for thought.

Inchy - so fABulous to see you here! I hope you get your AFness figured out. I give you a lot of credit for working on this so young. There are extra challenges I think when you are young, and so many of your peers are able to "party" without the consequences that people like us have. I wish I had wised up so young. I hope your life is going OK. This is a good group here on AF Daily - I hope you keep comin' back!

Greenie - you are right - I'm SO jazzed about vacation!

Hi to all other fABbies - I'm running out of time!

I'm off to school - I was invited to be on an advisory panel that includes faculty for the Addiction Studies program, former students who are now working in the field, current students, and local treatment providers. We will be discussing curiculum and making sure it is relevant, etc. Pretty cool!

One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi DG,

Cross posted!! Are finals over?

Yes, the Johari Window! Joe Luft and Harry Ingraham, hence "Johari." The beauty of that model is that through feedback and observation from others, we can reduce our "blind spots."

Advisory panel. Woot! Woot! They'll be lucky to have you.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Double brrrrrr!!! Not used to this weather!

Good excuse to buy a fab new cardigan though. :H Off work tomorrow - it's GF's birthday so we're having a long weekend together with lots of nice things planned.

Threedog - you're doing a great job starting the thread every day!

Greenie - wassss 8am mean?

DG - have a fantastic holiday! It's supposed to be a great place to dive, isn't it?

Mom3 - congrats on the yoga opportunities.

Kaslo - I know you've mentioned before about people on this thread being negative. I don't really understand. People here always seem upbeat to me, and even get through bad times positively. Maybe I've missed something, haven't been around very often lately. Can you explain further?

Papmom - hope you're feeling better.

Hello to all to come.
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hello friends,

Great to see the familiar faces pop in and update us on their sober livelihoods!

TDN-glad Bud seems to be feeling better, too bad hubby has teh crud. It must be everywhere! I know we are already ready for spring here! I always thought it would be fun to be a pharmacy tech. Good for you for being honest on the app.

We went out for supper the other night for the business Christmas party. We went to the new restaurant/bar in town. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but I think I felt a little envious of the people in there drinking and having a good time. Yesterday on my way home I thought about the beers I saw others drinking and how good that would taste. I was hungry and tired and thirsty--so I know that had something to do with the thoughts. The good thing was I was able to dismiss them with a snack and a drink. I told myself if I really want to, I can always have an AF beer. Whew.

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure out how to transfer video from my new HD camera to DVDs. I think I finally know how, but it takes forever!! After I get my old tapes transferred--I am going to try my best to stay current! This is one winter project I am determined to finish.

I'm not sure what got into hubby, but he saw a recipe, went to the store and cooked supper last night--then he did all the dishes. I felt kind of bad, because we didn't help him at all--but I guess I shouldn't as no one usually helps me. He says he is going to make a key lime pie next. I hope it lasts!

I'm going to start looking for a new laptop. I don't really want to spend the money right now though. Good thing I bought a Kindle!

Shout out to AFM, Uni and anyone else that hasn't checked in for awhile.

Kudos to all of you doing so well in your new sober life!:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hello Fabbies!!!

Quick mid-day check in to see if everyone is behaving today

LVT.. no feeling bad! Enjoying while it lasts! :H
                Marshy.. have a fabby long weekend! (Oh.. and 8am means Greenie must disrobe) :H
                Momof3 - good luck with nursing the urchins back to health. We used to pass it around a few times over before we were done with it. Yuck. I'd love to have you come out riding with me! Not sure I mentioned this... but I'm taking Atlas back to Chris Irwin in April and I'm hoping to scrape the $$ together to attend a 3 day clinic in May with Trouble. He's never had any ground work done with him (been a dude horse for most of his life) but he is starting to respond very nicely and I'd like to build on that. The 3rd day of the clinic is centered riding, not sure how that'll go.. I don't think he's ever been ridden in an arena!
                DG.. where, oh WHERE??? Where ya goin'????
                Greenmonster, love the quote.. very true but so easy to forget.
                TDN, glad that Bud is coming around.. now you gotta get hubby back in tip shape

K.. that's it for me.. back to work. Have a great rest of the day!

Oh.. shout out to Kas.. get yer arse back here! And AFM.. thinking of you.. how are you doing???
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Not been on here for about 9 months. I have been attending a relapse prevention meeting locally and promoion at work has had me a very busy boy. Recently the group I attended had funding cut and has stopped although I keep in touch with other members still.
                  I have taken two weeks off work as I have to use up the holiday and am home alone decorating my house. This has all led to me thinking about drinking for the first time in months. Coming on here so lovely to see so many once familiar names and avatars sorry I have neglected to pop in I am glad MWO is still here when I need it.
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Hey guys, so many post today, thanks everyone for being kind. Marshy wish I could answer your question and elaborate. You are right, usually most people are pretty upbeat and I really like that. And I support the right to vent here about personal stuff; thats not the issue. I need to not find fault with others.

I also wish I had more time to post, i had a report rejected, the big long one I worked so hard on over Christmas. The subject matter is difficult, and clients reviewing it dont know much about the subject so its darned hard to get across, I have to get back to work though because I am out of compliance with the contract, and have a new deadline to meet.

One thing is for sure.

Kas
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

hey everyybody, flyign visist to say I made it through day 2 so happy right now. Won't be able to post much, gettign an early night, really greta to hear from you dg, was considering dropping you a pm when I turned up the other night but circumstances conspired against me, anyway, g'night all

XIC
                      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Time to say good night already

Super busy day with 3 grandkids - yikes!!!!
                        My daughter has come down with a stomach bug while here visiting so she's spending an extra night for some good old TLC

Loved that message from the Universe this morning greenie - perfect1

Hope everyone has a good night, will check back in some time tomorrow afternoon.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X