Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Sunday, February 12

Good morning, Abbers!
    Yikes, it's really cold out here at 9 degrees! Only going to about 15 or so today. So glad I don't have to spend time outside.
    Sunni, hope we get a pic or two of Peanut!! That smile can make my day!
    Pap3, sorry you have to go to NH today. Hope your immune system is good. I haven't checked the Etsy store, but will look this a.m.
    Uni, glad you are out of the hospital and hope things will go better for you. Depression stinks. But you are sober, and that is a big deal!
    Kas--when is your big day? Isn't it this week????
    Lav, sounds like you had a great visit with grand kids. So nice that you get to see them so often.
    To everyone else, hope you have a great AF Sunday!
    I am heading back to flower shop after church today. Kas, it's just a "job" I do around the major holidays to help my friend. I know I have to wrap 50 single roses today, and after that, it could be anything. There will be four making the arrangements and one processing orders and I'll be doing whatever is needed.
    I'm sure we are all saddened by Whitney Huston's death. Drugs and alcohol made a mess of her life. I'm just listening to yet another report.
    Will hopefully check back later!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Good morning Abbers!

Frosty & chilly here too TDN!
    Haven't been outside yet to tend to my chickens - feeling too chicken :H
    Have a wonderful day wrapping roses......sounds like a pleasant way to spend your time.

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Sunday!
    Lav
    999 smoke-free days today :yay:
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1260995 wrote: Have a wonderful day wrapping roses......sounds like a pleasant way to spend your time.
      Doesn't it? The smell, the thoughts surrounding the buying, giving and receiving of them... awwwwww

FH asked if he could get me a valentine. I said no. It was a sad conversation. He wants me to just accept his loving me for what it is. Why does it make me uncomfortable?

It is SO cold I don't know if I'll go to the river or not. Maybe this will be the day I start a new routine of swimming. I need an aerobic constant in my life and some weight bearing stuff.

Lav! 1000 SF days tomorrow! Yahoo!

Uni, your post yesterday was very kind in many ways. It's hard to stand back and watch you work so hard at being happy.

Where the hell is det? Has he tired of the estrogen? (artificial or not). :H

A customer invited me to attend (not go with them) his church. I'm not much for organized religion per se. But my "all things happen for a reason" picked up on it. I'd rather swim laps, to be honest.

Well, one thing's for sure. Besides Kas celebrating a year soon (this week?)
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Bonjour mes amis Abstinez. Nous nous fabulons. Crikey. The skiing yesterday was ok, I made it. Its only 4 km for fecks sake. This time I had Mr Kaslo with me and I did not prevent or discourage Mr. Kaslo from tearing off at top speed ahead of me, because, in his own words, he feels like a slug. Needs to shape up. The more sensible among us would immediately recognize that the race does not always go to the swift. I caught up with Mr. K, skiis off, on his hands and knees past the 2.5 km bridge, a fine shade of pale green. He explained he was not getting enough air to his brain. I felt it would be more respectful to maintain silence than point out that it was possibly blood carrying air to the brain that might be necessary. Whos to quibble over human physiology when a life is at stake. He recovered somewhat but had a few more head down episodes between the bridge and the cabine. I also didnt point out that I seldom spend this much time standing around and it makes my feet cold. He did finish ahead of me. Thats just the kind of wife I am. Mr. Kaslo is 6 years my junior and a fine figure of a man, hes 6 foot two, handsomely rugged and only a bit overweight. I work in a male dominated field, so I know better than to not let him come in first along the trail. I did take the keys away from him though, and there was not even a whisper of revolt. And when we got to the customary buying of buns for a smokey at Safeway, and I had to give him 10 dollars because he had not brought his wallet, and wanted to buy himself some of his favorite toasted cereal with almonds, he opined that it was just lousy to be borrowing money from his wife to buy her valentine flowers because they are cheaper right now than they will be on Valentines day. And therefore I will go without, but fine by me. Lesson learned: give them rope.

TDN, I guess you are still looking for a job. Thats got to be tough.

Lav whass up for you today?

Greenie, maybe the church invite was actually just a recommendation. I get those all the time, but I am not swayed.

Yes, its going to be a year for me on the 14th of Feb, which is Tuesday... Its been an interesting year, but it aint over yet.

Uni, what Greenie said.

Det, where the feck are you? Garlic is a pretty good antidote to estrogen, I think. Smear up, and post will yez?

kaslo of the FN, going for another ski I think. gotta go while we have snow, this time on the low elevation rail bed in Slocan, because that will not have snow for much longer.
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Happy Sunday Faberoonies!

TDN... dunno 'bout peanut pictures.. he's kinda cranky this weekend :H Actually, I left the camera at the barn, too. Just waiting for him to wake up from his nap actually... should be any time now

Hope you're having a wonderful day surrounded by beautiful flowers! I'm kinda jealous! Although, I bet it's hard work.

Lav, so much for your 'day off' huh? :H
          Kaslo of the FN, I admire your hubby handling abilities (and restraint!)
          Greenie... I'm not the church going kind, either. A swim sounds great, though!

I'm off to deliver the little one back later this afternoon and then barn chores after (couldn't do that with him around this morning) - have a fABulous Sunday!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I'm alive and kicking!

just been chronically busy and having some bad luck with things falling aparts (both cars, refrigerator, house and computer) otherwise.....I'm AF and healthy so I have little to complain about!

sorry to be such a stranger but I'm back on the road again for the week tomorrow. arg! hopefully will have a halfway decent internet hookup in my hotel rooms wherever they may be.

be Well ThreeDog, Lav (mega kudos on 999 smoke free!) Kaslo of the frozen north, and Sunshine of the Horse Mahal and all to come Monday morning.

xxxxx zzzzzzzzz
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X