Great question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great question

I can't remember which thread it was... but Mollyka asked somewhere "if you had only 3 days to live (or maybe weeks, can't remember) and nobody would get hurt, would you drink again?"

Wow. It's been at the back of my mind ever since I read it. More importantly, I've pushed it away ever since I read it because I don't want to answer it. The obvious answer should be "Hell NO"... but is it? My honest answer is "I don't know" and I'm not particularly happy with that.

What is your answer?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Great question

Oopps.. I meant to put that in General.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Great question

Sunny - it is a great Q. My answer would be absolutely catagorically NO. I confess that I may not have said the same earlier in my sobriety but now as soon as I read the Q, my answer was instant and without doubt. The reason being that if I had only 3 days or 3 weeks I would want to cram in a hell of a lot of living and that would mean being completely conscious to savour every last moment of it.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Great question

Oh, Id be all over it, assuming it was 3 days. Not drinking all of the 3 but, oh yeah, that last day would be a party.
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Great question

without hesitating... absolutly NOT... no way. i would want my last 3 days to be sober and clear. not spent in a drunken stupor. no way.
          caper
          AF since Sept 2013...
          :alf:

Comment

Great question

I love this question. If I only had three days or three months, I think I would not touch the stuff because it makes me feel so crappy after a couple of hours, and in the end, I dont want to waste a second minute or hour feeling like a poisoned pup.

However, being a chicken, I might want something to take me somewhere else for the final event, and I am not sure that would be alcohol. Alcohol is, well, kind of plebian. About 25 ccs of absolutely pure heroin as a lethal dose, possibly. I have never had heroin, so this request is not made out of experience, possibly its from reading too much William S. Burroughs, Hunter S. Thompson, etc.

If you cant arrange for the herion Sunni, I will read the above writers instead.

kaslo
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Great question

No way!! I don't want my last 3 days on earth to be messed up with numbness and then horrible hangovers!! I want to savor every minute and do whatever I want to do. Also, what if in the 23rd hour they find a cure for what is going to kill me? I want to make sure I'm in good shape to receive that cure!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Great question

HELL NO!

I want my last 3 days to be clear so I can do what I have/want to do
                Same reason I never drank on airplanes either (believe it or not). I wanted to be able to save myself if something happened.......
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Great question

NO WAY!!!! Here's why....because I have 23 nieces and nephews....and I would not want them saying...."Aunt Rusty spent the last 3 days of her life getting trashed!" If I found out I had 3 days left to live....I would spend every moment telling the people I loved why I love them, and making provisions for people I care about who are in need with enough money to help them be comfortable.

Lav, your words that you never drank on a plane because you wanted to save yourself if something happened brought back a cringe-worthy memory for me. One night about 5 years ago, I had a few too many drinks in the Sky Club before I boarded a plane bound for home. I sat down in my seat and passed out cold. I didn't have my seatbelt buckled and I was told by a flight attendant later that they grabbed my shoulder and they shook me and shook me and I didn't wake up. They wanted me to fasten my seat belt. Fortunately, no one on the plane said, "Ma'am have you been drinking?:bang:zonedout: If the plane had gone down, I sure as hell wouldn't have known it, but the thought that I was a completely useless load of drunk baggage makes me committed to an AF life. No way in hell am I going back to the isolated world (in my last drinking months) of drinking.

Comment

Great question

you guys rock! what great answers all around.

no drinking for me. I mean jeez..... I'd have so much to do in so little time!

I'd be eating the bad carbs tho! cake, cookies, cannoli, sure
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Great question

Im starting on that NOW, Det!
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X