thank you - things are on the up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone- thanks to everyone who posted me back.really ver yencouraging and helpful - I don't have anyone in 3d I can talk to about this - they wouldn't get it. I think I've been the person people come to with their problems for years which I like but it also saves me from having to think about how i feel/what i want.

anyway i went to the pub yesterday and didn't drink - there was one other person not drinking which helped too i think.anyway i did it which has increased my confidence no end - it gets to be a vicious circle to be honest.

anyway i had a moment today when I was thinking I love being sober, not having to drink to fit in, feeling not hungover at work.i know its early days but i hada real high - i still need to watch myself.

I'm away at weekend with old friends who aren't big drinkers and know that i'm trying not to and 'get it' - actually 1 guy here gets it, he's doing it too but not v close to him, and for fitness reasons.

anyway - hope one day I can be of help too.day 3 for me and feeling v pleased v self - though acid indigestion getting worse, does this happen or coincidence?
    one day at a time

Hi bear...Glad to hear from you, well done on 3 days...Well use those 3 days as your first bricks along your new road, each day equals one more brick, it will take you further away from drinking and closer to your goal...I know what you mean about being sober, I love getting up in the mornings now, clear head, feeling good about myself and actually remembering going to bed the night before......

That guy you mentioned, the one who is doing it too, get to know him a bit better, you know what they say, there's strength in numbers...

Well bear, hope you have a good weekend, enjoy it...

Love Louise xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Hi Bear
      Glad you're feeling better. That's a good idea of Louise's. Getting to know that other guy might help you both out. Who knows??

Comment

Good job bear73! I love irishlady's analogy, the brick symbolizing each day. Very brilliant!

Comment

Great job, Bear. You seem to have just the right attitude. Happy and proud, but not cocky! Keep up the good work!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X