AF Daily~Tuesday, February 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Fat Tuesday, Abbers! Laissez les bon temps rouler!! (mais sans alcol, mes amis!) Cafe and beignets on the menu today! Hope you got up on time, Lav! I don't need an alarm lock with the Three Stooges!
    Sun shining bright, so it's going to be a good day!
    Det, the report about the kids wanting to change sex is just what Kas said. I think it's so sad that they want to get the gender changing drugs and then the operation when they are still so young. I am sure they'd have to be at the age of puberty for any of this to work. I taught kids of that age for many years, and could often see who was not happy with his/her gender, but I think they can't make such a huge decision when they are still kids. Wonder about the parents giving permission.
    Today's news had a drunk attacking families at Disney! Then a neat story about a guy who has managed to fly free for a year, I think, by giving up his seat on flights and other little tricks. It's a full time job figuring it all out, but it's been worth it for him.
    Managed to knock a table on my head while setting up at AA yesterday, and have quite the bump!! OCD "inspector" as I call him arrived and was only interested in quizzing me on how many chairs are set up on each side!! :upset: But he did smack his hand on a chair, so I figured God was watching the whole scene.
    Have to go for a mammogram today, and the facility is about an hour from here, so Mr TDN and I will have lunch while down there. Big outing, LOL!!
    Pap3, how did the melatonin work?
    TDN
    I hope everyone in AF land enjoys a great day--sans alcol!
    "One day at a time."

Morning Abbers!! I took my shower last nite so have few free minutes before my commute.

TDN-not sure. It didn't work for me-I was restless with heartburn until 2 am and my restlessness made him restless but I'll give him 2 a day and see if there is a difference. I don't think it can hurt him.
    Good luck with the Mammo!

I need tea this morning big time!!!!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Ahhhhh, Tea!! Have a great day everyone!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning Fabbies!

Busy day ahead catching up with anything from horses to housework to 'real' work to grocery shopping, etc. - whew. Just typing this out makes me feel like a nap :H

Might check in later when I have restored some sort of order here. Have a fabby day and one thing is for sure...
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi guys,

I am away for work, more driving in big snow - but lovely as sun was shining.

Pap, not getting my Jimmy Choos on - snow is just too deep. I live in these shoes at work - the only heels I can walk the length of Vienna airport in.

Sun, I fell in love with horses last month on a trip to Argentina, found trekking here too.

Hope I can send you a pic from the place I am at today.

Ahhh, posting from the blackberry not my favorite.
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Shue-is that a jimmy choo as your avatar? I'll have to look into these mircacle shoes! You sure sound like a world traveler! It's even better AF I guarantee! I can't even imagine waking up with even the tiniest hangover anymore. Makes my stomach turn just to think about it.

Having said that, I did have a real drinking dream Sunday nite. I was at my sis's and looking through the cooler for a certain brand of beer. I couldn't find it and was getting annoyed. Then I remembered-I don't drink beer anymore! (actually haven't for years and years LOL!!). I was actually disappointed in my dream because I was kind of craving that yeasty taste and was sick of water and seltzer. Thank god it was only a dream!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Here is is ... The view of the lunch place, good local food ... Plenty of garlic in it .

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1786913=6672-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

The shoes in the icon are the overrated, overpriced Louboutins - they kill your feet and your credit card ... This is one of the more "wearable" ones.

I do travel quite a bit, for work and personal , we have family and friends spread all over the world. I go to Vienna at least once a month- my boss is there.

I am at dinner with my "East coast" team - they are all downing rakias, I am rocking my soda.

I shall have my wicked fun tomorrow morning when they have to report to me.

Comment

oh you are evil my dear and I love it!! The pic was awesome! You are so lucky to be able to see the world as you do. We will live vicariously through you-if you hear a loud munching of popcorn that is us in the back :H

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Ok, i just took a look at jimmy choo's website and for the first 9 pages or so of the spring collection I kept thinking what a nice house addition my injuries would build for some orthopedic surgeon :H. Then I saw the flats, low heeled pumps and sandles and said, OK, that's more like it! They are beautiful but I could go to 3 agility trials for the cost of the lowest priced shoe!! Priorities I guess! Luckily, my job doesn't require suits and heels so I guess I don't have to feel like I'm missing anything but one day it would be nice to buy something really high end like that!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Well, we made it through the funeral. i'm sad.
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Awww Uni. :l :l :l. But its good to feel something even sadness. It will pass but your memories won't. Hang in there sweetie!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Hang a very long day on kid duty & I'm beat!

TDN, the app worked great Not bad for $3.99.

uni, hope you are OK tonight!

Hello to shue, papmom, Det & whoever I missed.
                          Calling it a day & wishing everyone a good night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning guys,

Uni - sending you the strong vibes, funerals are emotionally draining for me. After my last one I was exhausted for a week

TND - how was at the doc, you remind me I need to get mine too

Have a great day all

Comment

Working...
                            X