Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Thursday, February 23

Good morning, Abbers!
    Shue, feel free to get us started for the day, as you are already in your work day while we here are sleeping. Just be sure to have coffee for the sleepyheads! I love reading your posts and am going to read up a bit on Bulgaria. Have to admit I don't know a whole lot about it.
    It is true that so many of us are animal lovers and have pets. Pets do add so much to our lives, don't they? My favorite job was selling pet products to small retailers throughout New England. So many dogs recognized me when I called on the shops (I had incredible treats, of course!) and I became friends with a number of the owners. I learned so much from some of them and was able to share my knowledge with them, too. Once I became an idependent rep, it wasn't as good, because I wasn't making enough money to get out as often as I did before. You can imagine how my drinking escalted then!
    Geez, warm spring like weather, and yet we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow!
    I have been spending time reading the Tell Us Your Story Thread, going way back to 2005. It is really therapeutic. Have seen a few stories from some on this thread. Haven't found the ambition to post my own just yet.
    Well--have a wonderful AF day, all! I'll be checking in throughout the day and hope to see all of you here.
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

TND ? I?d love to ?

My new routine is settling in with my coffee and getting through the posts. It is addictive and cathartic at the same time.

Pets truly are wonderful, I want my son to learn responsibility this way. He?s the envy of the other kids for having a dog and 2 cats.

I wrote about my Alpha bitch status ? well, once I had more than 2 drinks in me, my dog would downright refuse to obey any of my commands. (yes, I walked him drunk in the forest many times as a way to sober up). He?d eye me up as if to say ? Lady, you failed my breathalyzer test, you are in no condition to drive or handle large animals ?.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

my last mammogram

I went to get the ?girls? checked together with my hot friend ?Alice? who?s an ob/gyn and her elderly mom ( also an ob/gyn). Her doctor friend crammed us into his busy schedule.

Doctor, rubbing his hands together, grinning madly: ?Well, Alice, after years of lusting over you in med school I finally get to fondle your boobies .?

Alice chuckles: ?I thought the ?manual check? is pasee ? X rays only!?

Doctor : ?I have magic hands , I detect things the machine can?t ? check my impeccable record!
      ?

Alice?s mom, lifting her top: ?Well, son, in that case you?d better start with me
      .?

Comment

OMG! Are you serious?? That is hysterical!

Hi fabbbies! Coffee refill.....
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

:H:H:H

Sorry, TDN... but Shue has your news updates beat shirt up... errrmmm... hands down! :H

That is all. Yis all nuts! :H
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunni, you are right! Naked man and knife swallowing dog got nothin' on grandma's girls!!! Love it!
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi all! TDN, thanks for kicking us off! Shue - that is :H! Did that really happen??? OMG! :egad:

Hi Greenie and Sunni! Sunni - how are the horses loving their new digs?

Answering Qs from yesterday...

OK. So that WAS you guys under that beach umbrella oggling the old men in speedos.

I have some pics in my iPhone but have not moved them to the computer to see if any turned out. Mr. Doggy got more in his phone - we need to consolidate. I will try to post some whenever we get around to that! He thought he found his first diamond metal detecting. It's REALLY pretty. (a stud earring) The jeweler here at home said it was a really god CZ though. Some woman must have gotten really bamboozled! I told Mr. D. to hang onto it - it will look great in a necklace someday!

Sober vacationing rocks. ROCKS. Now I'm trying to remember what else was asked and I can't think of it. My mind is really going. The Pandora bracelet is making holiday shopping very easy for Mr. Doggy. He got me a little heart charm and brought it with to surprise me on Valentines Day! He also picked all kinds of flowers from around the resort and made beautiful flower arrangements. That was such a nice surprise.

Well, zoom zoom to the homework! Have a great day everyone.

One thing is for sure....there will be NO Al in my life today!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Well Doggy G...I hope you left some sunshine for me in the Caribbean. We'll be in San Juan PR by Friday evening. We're in Florida now. Today is my dad's 85th b-day! Whoo Hoo! It's great to spend time with the folks and truly a relief to be away from Snowpocalypse 2012. I am attaching some quick pix of my hood to show you what we're up against this year. And....Anchorage, has LESS snow than a lot of other communities.

Gotta say - I really like being on eastern time: It's great to get on this thread EARLY so to speak. My puter didn't change the time on its internal clock. It's 6:30 am and still COLD in AK!

On the way here, we detoured through Juneau to see our son who is interning with the legislature. It was so much fun to see him in situ! On the way back to the airport, son and hubby decided to stop by the Alaska Beer brewery (as we are 'stockholders' in this microbrewery.) I was a little apprehensive about that at first because I REALLY loved the fancy beer, but then once we got there, something pretty amazing happened. I felt NO TWINGE of regret or desire. Not an iota. It was just fun to see bottles going around and around and into the box. I am really excited now about taking the no booze cruise. I love being AF.

Howdy to all coming through today....

PS: I knew the 'Shue' would fit here!

Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Morning all!

Turnagain! So jealous, going to PR! I have been twice but many years ago. Loved it. Stayed in Old San Juan for a few days and also PR was a day stop on a Southern caribbean cruise we went on. Actually got stranded at the Barcardi factory which, at the time, wasn't such a bad thing. Long story and I won't bore you. I'm sure you won't be seeing that although the grounds are breathtaking but too much temptation. Rum was never my thing though, just wine. Lots and lots of wine. My dog is from PR and was rescued from a beach through Save A Sato organization which works with my local shelter. Poor thing, she was rescued in January, flown to Boston and had to get acclaimated to the harsh New England climate. Needless to say, the local pet store sold out of medium doggie sweaters real fast! Of course, now she is very spoiled and here is a picture to prove it...

Starting off Day 2 with glee...glad to get Day 1 over with and had a great night's sleep to boot. Ready for a killer workout at the gym and whatever else good the world has in store for me

Have a super day all and soak up the Sun in FL Turn!
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

Hey Blondie...We'll be going on a cruise Sunday to the Southern Caribbean - we've got something planned for all stops except Curacao. Any suggestions are welcome. Also - any suggestions for MUST DO of SEEs in San Juan would be great. We are doing a biobay tour Saturday night but have nothing planned for the 2 days we will have to kick around there before and after the cruise. My husband would probably like the Bacardi tour. It's not a problem for me. I got so violently ill drinking 151 back at Junior Prom that I have never been able to even sip rum or any hard liquor after that. Geez...too bad I didn't learn back then. Me and Al don't play well at all.

This IS an amazing critter thread. WOW, Blondness - a rescue from San Juan?!?! He sure looks snug in those blankies.

I am so glad YOU are back SNUG here and going for the AF life!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Me too Turn!

That's actually Coco, short for Coconut (she's a she ). And yes, she was quite comfortable in the blankies. I took that on a Sunday morning recently and so I titled it: "Easy like Sunday Morning"...lol.

What ship are you sailing Turn? We are going on a Boston to Bermuda cruise in early June on Norweigan. I have sailed on Celebrity and Costa cruise lines. Celebrity was the PR to Southern Caribbean itinerary which was awesome! The most southern island we hit was Barbados and I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Ahhh, the Caribbean in February...what could be better? What shore excursions do you have planned so far? Sometimes its nice just to get off the boat and see the shops, etc., at the port. And sometimes it is worth it to do a snorkeling trip (that's my favorite thing to do and I plan on lots of it in Bermuda!) or an island 4x4 safari, which is very cool. Anyway, let me know and we can PM on that too . You will have a blast!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Guys, the mammogram story is 100% real. As are Alice?s much envied ?girls?. What she got she got it from her momma. :bigwink:

Turn ? thank you so much for guiding me here; no go soak up that sun! :rays:If you think you had a lot of snow on the ?ice cube? ? wait to see my pics from Southern Europe.

Comment

hi ho, busy AF Daily thread today...its nice to see so many people.

Welcome back DG, an AF holiday DOES actually rock. I havent had any that are in AL destinations yet, like France, but so far so good.

TDN, Shu, Lav, Pap, DG, Greenie, Blondie, LVT everyone here, so good to see everyone doing SO WELL.

I never got around to stating my footware preferences...that was such an interesting thread....can I huh, huh...??? Cause, while I would LIKE to wear heels, alas, several ops from the hips down and broken bones, and what I do for a living tends to make the list sound pretty unfashionable. I have Sorels, and Baffin Island ice boots for work in the arctic, snow shoes as emergencies, for when off sled or in a truck breakdown. Cross country skii boots couple pairs. I have gone through about 8 pairs of hiking boots, both heavy steel shank, and lights. And all of the gators and stuff for those. For the wetlands its wellingdons or gumboots as we call them, hipwaders and reef boots and reef sandals for geting on and off the boats. I have an entire room filled with this stuff. I like Merrils, so I have several of those for travelling. I have a couple of pairs of low pumps beceause in office meetings, going from snow boots to high heels is kind of dangerous. I have several pairs of both snorkel style and deep water fins, as Im a diver. I have one walkin that is just survival suits, wet suits and dry suits, tanks, bcs, regs, and assorted paraphanlia. Because of the LLD all of my shoes have orthotics in them, except the fins of course. I do not have a single pair of Jimmy Choos. Or high heels of any kind, although my daughters have them by the score. Oh and runners for in the garden. But not for running.

So thats my choo story.
                          Turn, Take some PIX and post them!! Enjoy!

Kaslo
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

I don't have pets, 5 kids are responsibility enough and in summer I like to walk around barefoot but still nice to get on and smile at evryones stories
                            I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

FIVE KIDS???

Good Lord, woman... don't you have TV? :H
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X