Thursday January 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday January 22nd

as sober as a geranium??? interesting way to put it...
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Good morning All,

I see that Paul is just over 21 days - Congratulations!! Others are around the same or a little less - I am at day 19 AF today and was encouraged to read this:

"University of Rhode Island psychologist James O. Prochaska has conducted landmark studies that show it takes us three weeks or 21 days to establish new habits. We need that time to develop a routine and get into a mindset."

Not to get too relaxed because alcohol is a tricky devil but at 21 days maybe we are well on our way to a new and healthy AF habit.

A great day to all,
      Rivergirl

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Hi All

I'm just popping in for a hello and a break from some oh-so-boring paperwork! Yuck! It sure does remind me why I liked to drink while doing it! But never fear, I'm not going to. I've got my goal before me, and I'll get through it, and I'm not tired either!

Absville sure is busy today! It's great to see, but it does make it rather hard to say individual hellos without endless scrolling back and forth and opening up another screen, etc. So I hope you'll forgive me, if I bypass that part today.

I will say, Birdman, that I would just shine that "NEVER AGAIN" on myself. I was completely wigging myself out last week before Day 1 by focusing on the FOREVER piece until I remembered the ONE DAY AT A TIME part. Oh yeah! We're all only one drink away from a slip, and we can do our best by focusing on today and trying to get a game plan going for future temptations. But focusing on the NEVER is such a negative way of looking at it. I think your doc was just being anxious. Reading on Long Term Abs puts a much more positive spin on it! Also, I was pulling your leg about the snow shovelling the other day. I do shovel my own snow, but I was just teasing you!

I do love Paul's (definitely internal) calendar! The World According to Paul!

Great job Lou-Lou, and wee, you are a hoot!

Barb, congrats on day 4. I know you're going to do fine. I wish the topa was having that much effect on MY eating!:sighbubble:

To everyone else that I can't remember off the top of my head cause you're on another page,hugs to you all, as well!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Rivergirl.
          That is good to hear. Thanks for that.
          Kathy.
          I like reading your posts. They are so well thought through. I wish I could do that. Iv'e got the attention span of a....um....what?

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Pauly~ You got me confused! I've got to deliver papers for nursing classes I'm starting on Monday that are due tomorrow& you freaked me out by saying today was the 22nd!

AF 28 today.
            Yesterday got a thumbs up with healthy liver function test results from the doc. The last 3x I have had certain slightly elevated liver levels and that was probably due because I usually went for bloodwork 2 weeks after quiting alcohol each time. Dummy.

Have a lovely evening everyone!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

AT 19 days AF I have had no cravings at all and I feel great....BUT You know what scares me sometimes... I went for 9 months Af once - got some antabuse on a trip to Mexico and was scared to death to drink. When I ran out of antabuse I started to drink again... THAT is what scares me...after that long we/I could start as though I never left off. I never want that to happen again. Hoping the CDs will help to change my subconscious...

Anyone have any ideas?
              Rivergirl

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Hi SeaBreez
                I'm sorry for being a doofus.:nutso:
                I just get too excited when I start a new thread.

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Still going strong here in the afternoon. I am off fo work here in another hour and then i head home. I have planned out my night at home with some chores and various things to keep my mind off the old habit so I can make it through to tommorow, i would really love to be able to say I am on day 7, and that will be tommorow, so that is what i am focusing on right now. Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Victoria
                  It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                  James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Bed time for me .
                    Hope you all have a good night.

Bear, on another thread.
                    Hang in there mate. You will feel better in a little while.
                    Goodnight all.

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

So glad to hear that everyone is so positive...keep it up guys...im right there with you x x x
                      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Thursday January 22nd

Yeah River....

I know I can't pick up that next drink. Even if that one drink is uneventful I have already planted that seed to say "hey~maybe I can have just one". But next time that one wil be 10 .

I know that I have this obsessive compulsive thing with alcohol...I can't just have 1. So if I can't have one then I don't want any.
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X